Hate Wednesday, hate Wednesday........

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I'm sure people have many examples of people letting their football allegencies cloud their professional judgement and thought I'd start the ball rolling.

I knew someone who worked in the Benefits Office in Sheffield back in the 90's. Some lad came into the office and said that his giro hadn't arrived, he was in bits because he was a Wednesday fan and had a ticket for the FA Cup final, but without his giro had no money to travel.
Unfortunately the window he went to was staffed by a Utd fan, who assured him he had no need to worry as he would ensure he received a replacement, which he did, the following Monday

Actually that sounded funnier 30 years ago, but you get the idea. :)

I'm sure people have many examples of people letting their football allegencies cloud their professional judgement and thought I'd start the ball rolling.

I knew someone who worked in the Benefits Office in Sheffield back in the 90's. Some lad came into the office and said that his giro hadn't arrived, he was in bits because he was a Wednesday fan and had a ticket for the FA Cup final, but without his giro had no money to travel.
Unfortunately the window he went to was staffed by a Utd fan, who assured him he had no need to worry as he would ensure he received a replacement, which he did, the following Monday

Actually that sounded funnier 30 years ago, but you get the idea. :)
Bet it was even funnier 20 years ago.... Once the event in the 90's had actually happened ;)

I found out the guy who cleans our bins was a Wednesday fan and I genuinely wanted to cancel them for that sole reason.
Missus wouldn't have it though and we came to the agreement that so long as I can accidentally cut the cat litter bags before putting them in the bin he can continue to swill them out.
I was the only person who was chuffed when they went to fortnightly collections, my god it stinks on collection day.

I don't hate anyone personally, certainly not for supporting the wrong team.

I do however have this irrational thought that Wndesnesdedday supporters are maybe of a lesser sub species particularly when they gather in groups. Individually they are usually fine unless the subject of football is raised when I swear you can see them start to turn! :eek:

I don't hate anyone personally, certainly not for supporting the wrong team.

I do however have this irrational thought that Wndesnesdedday supporters are maybe of a lesser sub species particularly when they gather in groups. Individually they are usually fine unless the subject of football is raised when I swear you can see them start to turn! :eek:
Irrational and stupid i know, but you can sussa pig from a group of 20 individual supporters, you can , i swear to fuck you can.

Irrational and stupid i know, but you can sussa pig from a group of 20 individual supporters, you can ,

Lol..... I have a similar thought that on football heaven, praise and crumble if the phone in fans were recorded and all reference to players scores etc were removed I would be able to pick out the wennsdedly fans.

I'm sure I could, it would make for an interesting social experiment. Of course we have our own bright sparks that phone in, however I reckon I'd be able to pick them out.

Yours, Irrationally! :eek:

A pig I worked with had taped the league cup final when they beat Man Ure 1-0 in 1991.
He kept playing it over and over,so this day he played it then went to the toilet.While he was gone I rewound it,pressed play and record and wiped it!
Later on he rewound it,it was like....Palmer to Wilson....here's Sheridan shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,nothing!
His face was a picture followed by,"you red & white b......s.
He was that sad he got another copy a few days later off a mate!
Really funny tho :):):)

A pig I worked with had taped the league cup final when they beat Man Ure 1-0 in 1991.
He kept playing it over and over,so this day he played it then went to the toilet.While he was gone I rewound it,pressed play and record and wiped it!
Later on he rewound it,it was like....Palmer to Wilson....here's Sheridan shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,nothing!
His face was a picture followed by,"you red & white b......s.
He was that sad he got another copy a few days later off a mate!
Really funny tho :):):)

Don't know why he was worried. It would have been on Betamax and titled 'War of the Monster Trucks.'

I used to work with a pig who was a bit like Statto (if anyone remembers him from Fantasy Football? If not, think the nerdiest football fan you've ever met, who can tell you the score when you name a random day in 1956), he'd obsessed over football and would get really angry when ever anyone challenged his knowledge. He was one of those people who you could visibly see getting angrier and angrier as his face went through different shades. It was incredibly funny to watch, someone would second guess his knowledge and he'd turn glowing red and become agitated, start talking really fast and start listing random facts about the event to prove he absolutely knew his shizzle (and to be fair to the lad, when it came to his own team, he did!).

Very childish I know but some days I'd turn up to work with some "fact" I'd made up on the way to work and just refuse to accept it wasn't true. Really stupid, immature, dumb shit that anyone who wasn't obsessive would see straight through (i.e. "Wednesday are called that because they were United's B team, and we only used to let them play on a Wednesday" , or one I remember "Carlton Palmer has specially made trainers that make him look tall, he's really only 5 foot 4", or even just reverse the score on the last derby game and insist the losing side won, really obvious dumb shit. He'd turn red, he'd argue the toss all day, and I'd just point blank refuse to accept what he was saying was true and make up silly sources of information. Other people obviously knew what was happening and would back me up (even pigs!), and he'd get even angrier. The angrier he got the more I'd insist I was right. There were times I thought he'd either explode, or punch me.

Not something that would work in the internet era (and slightly more sensitive times), but it made the working day interesting.

Don't know any personally, only the one at work, and that's how I like it. He is a 100% subscriber to the MASSIVE construct. He's not spoken to me since I gave him access to the BBC research last October that put Wendy as the cheapest matchday experience in the football league. It didn't quite fit with the narrative, if you "get" me, ie. reason Wendy don't get 40,000 each game is because of the expense of watching them.

I was chatting up a complete slag in town and we got to the point of exchanging numbers. She was gorgeous, amazing ass. Anyway she pulled her phone out and I caught glimpse of a Sheffield Wednesday screensaver. I immediately smashed her face in, right scene.

I don't know how any Blades currently living in Sheffield couldn't hate the pigs. Hate is a strong word but apt for this situation.

I was chatting up a complete slag in town and we got to the point of exchanging numbers. She was gorgeous, amazing ass. Anyway she pulled her phone out and I caught glimpse of a Sheffield Wednesday screensaver. I immediately smashed her face in, right scene.
Did you still shag her though ?

My son wanted to join a junior football team where I live in Leicester. Saw them training in the park one day and asked about enrolling my lad. "Sorry" they said "no places available, but you can put your name down on the waiting list". Wasn't until I took a close look at the badge on their shirts that I didn't bother signing up...
Oadby-Owls-Club-Badge12.jpg

Last edited:
My daughter used to work in a bar in Leeds and on a particularly busy shift when they only had 2 staff they were struggling to keep up with demand as customers were waiting 10 minutes or more to get served.

Anyway a lad got to the front of the queue but unfortunately for him he was in my baby's area of the bar.

She took one look at his blue and white shirt and said "unfortunately I can't serve you wearing that shirt. You'll have to wait for my colleague"

Aparrantly it took him another 10 minutes to get served.

Nah nah nah nah she's a Blades and she's a Blade

I admit, when I meet people whose accent is familiar, after the initial introductions and pleasantries, one of the first established gambits is 'are you a United fan?' If they are, it is a mutual celebration of a coherent, collective understanding followed usually by a detailed discussion on how shit Higdon is. If they are one of those risible cunts who 'ooh, I don't follow football' then really, they don't deserve to be addressed as Sheffielders, but they remain worthy of my attention, if only to acknowledge them as human beings. But if they say ... 'Wednesday' they instantly turn into whaleshit to me. I truly, truly have problems tolerating them in my presence. They have either by birth or family allegience, transferred every semblence of credibility into an account at the Bank of Cunts. I don't want anything much more to do with them.

I must confess, I have cross polllinated twice with members of the lower order. Once was with a grizzled battlegronk somewhere up in a car park at Wadsley in my sister's Sierra, after which I am happy to report I made the minger trot home to Penistone Road because 'I wasn't going that way'. It was a true, "I was in the zone and I took the shot" stuff, just to save the energy from knocking one out later. The other time was with a nice, foul mouthed slapper from Westfield/Beighton and I was not made aware how diseased she really was until after the act. I did wear a prophylactic on both occasions and showered in diesel and Vim afterwards to rid myself of the stench and shame.

pommpey

I admit, when I meet people whose accent is familiar, after the initial introductions and pleasantries, one of the first established gambits is 'are you a United fan?' If they are, it is a mutual celebration of a coherent, collective understanding followed usually by a detailed discussion on how shit Higdon is. If they are one of those risible cunts who 'ooh, I don't follow football' then really, they don't deserve to be addressed as Sheffielders, but they remain worthy of my attention, if only to acknowledge them as human beings. But if they say ... 'Wednesday' they instantly turn into whaleshit to me. I truly, truly have problems tolerating them in my presence. They have either by birth or family allegience, transferred every semblence of credibility into an account at the Bank of Cunts. I don't want anything much more to do with them.

I must confess, I have cross polllinated twice with members of the lower order. Once was with a grizzled battlegronk somewhere up in a car park at Wadsley in my sister's Sierra, after which I am happy to report I made the minger trot home to Penistone Road because 'I wasn't going that way'. It was a true, "I was in the zone and I took the shot" stuff, just to save the energy from knocking one out later. The other time was with a nice, foul mouthed slapper from Westfield/Beighton and I was not made aware how diseased she really was until after the act. I did wear a prophylactic on both occasions and showered in diesel and Vim afterwards to rid myself of the stench and shame.

pommpey

pommpey, although in admiration of the lengths you've gone to in ensuring you're disease-free, I must advise one final bit of cleansing that may have passed you by. Your thoroughness is admirable, but you forgot the one final act guaranteed to give your manhood it's necessary MOT - a scouring pad, not unlike the notorious Brillo we're all familiar with. If anything is destined to bring you up to scratch (ouch!) it's this simple but medieval piece of cleansing agent. You know you'll be better for taking my advice.

pommpey

Pommpey fucks pigs

Pommpey fucks pigs

Pommpey fucks pigs

Pommpey fucks pigs

Pommpey fucks pigs

Pommpey fucks pigs

Pommpey fucks pigs

Pommpey fucks pigs

:)

It's not just us that hate them.

A kid from school (Dinno) went to Glasgow Uni in the 80's. He got separated from the crowd he was with in a dodgy bit of town and was confronted by a large group of rough looking lads. One grabbed him and asked who he supported. He expected a kicking just for being English and saw no reason to lie as he didn't know whether this gang were Celtic or Rangers. So he admitted he was a Blade!......

Suddenly he was shaken warmly by the hand and he swears that one of them apologised for grabbing him. They explained that SUFC were well regarded as they had signed their 'wee Jimmy', but that they hated SWFC as they had signed Willie Henderson from Rangers!

They then walked him to his bus explaining it was a dodgy area to be on your own and talked footy all the way.

When I meet a stranger who sounds like they have a Sheffield accent and it is established that we both hail from a similar region of the country my stock question is "Blade or Pig?"

You won't be surprised that some of them fall for it and admit to being porky :)

pommpey, although in admiration of the lengths you've gone to in ensuring you're disease-free, I must advise one final bit of cleansing that may have passed you by. Your thoroughness is admirable, but you forgot the one final act guaranteed to give your manhood it's necessary MOT - a scouring pad, not unlike the notorious Brillo we're all familiar with. If anything is destined to bring you up to scratch (ouch!) it's this simple but medieval piece of cleansing agent. You know you'll be better for taking my advice.

I cut my cock off afterwards. Both times.

It grew back though. That was lucky.

:)

pommpey

I don't hate them, I pity them

This is the right course , logic says how can a club thats not spent a million on a player in 2 decades, have fans that claim they own a city
Thet cant even afford an academy.
They do suffer from having 6 fingers on both hands too as they always count too many when adding up how many of them travel to away games

and gullable , this is the 16th annual prem return season ticket offer they are on

Back
Top Bottom