Compared with last season...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nowt better to do in Canada? Just for you...

View attachment 7792

Points on left (Y axis), number of games on bottom (X axis).

Actually interesting, this. After winning their first four, they've gone on a couple of Weir-esque slumps - games 13 to 18 incl., 21 to 25 incl. and three losses out of the last 4.

By Game 11, they were 18 points clear of us, but then we began the slooow march back. What happened after Game 11? Oh, Weir was sacked. Morgs. started the revival on Game 13 with a creditable draw at - Peterborough - but Posh kept winning.

By game 14 Sir Nigel took over with us a massive 23 points behind them. But then...sensing a genius was on board at the Blades...(drum roll)... Posh realised the game was up and started to slip...

Next episode in this thrilling drama? About 17.00 tomorrow! (GMT!)

Thanks for that Graffers. I didn't mean just for me necessarily but send the invoice for your time to BladeInBC, BC, Canada - it'll find me!

I just meant that instead of us trying to meet an arbitrary target which might not be enough or might be too much you could put the Peterborough line (as above) there instead. It's interesting (in a completely not interesting kind of way) how inconsistent they are - I'd never put it down to their realisation that their goose was cooked when Sir Nigel was appointed but you're probably right! :D

Love this thread....

Never realised I loved graphs so much, when you're sat in meetings looking at them they're boring, but if the subject matter is of interest they come to life.....

Ta, Tezza. Quite agree - if they're kept simple (and results are going our way...) it's a good way of getting a simple picture of progress etc.

Games 6 to 12 for them probably killed us - they got 18 points from six games. BUT their current run (three defeats in the last four) is poorer than any run we've had under NC.

Think you should keep the relegation projective in gaf to show how far we have actually come ,for the fair weather guys who think we have let them down for not getting promoted.

Think you should keep the relegation projective in gaf to show how far we have actually come ,for the fair weather guys who think we have let them down for not getting promoted.

I have just been on youtube to watch clough's reaction, I cant believe some of the posts, fans going on like the club has failed them for not reaching the play offs. Do these people know just how dire our situation was not so long ago?

Losing at home to Wolves means we drop 1.33* points on last season. This puts us on -10.81 compared to last season and Clough is +0.78 on Wilson. We won at Crawley last season, so this Tuesday's victory maintains the status quo.

The games coming up are:
- Swindon away (D) = 1
- Brentford home (D) = 1
- Orient home (D) = 1
- Rotherham (**) = 1.75
- Stevenage (W) = 3
- Tranmere away (W) = 3
- Port Vale away (***) = 1.75
- Oldham away (W) = 3
- Coventry home (L) = 0

This is interesting as if we pick up 7-8 points extra on last season then it could see us ovetake Posh (presuming they finish on 70 points, which is their current projection). The question is whether we can do significantly better in these games.

* drew with Donny at home, beat Bournemouth and lost to Yeovil = 4/3 = 1.33
** drew at BDTBL vs Bury, beat Scunny, lost to Hartlepool and beat Pompey = 7/4 = 1.75
*** won at Bury, drew at Scunny, won at Hartlepool and lost at Pompey = 7/4 = 1.75

Losing to Swindon we lost a point, drawign to Brentford and Orient means we matched last seasons results and beating Rotherham gives us an extra 1.25. Therefore we are 10.56 points down on last season and and Clough is 1.03 up on Wilson in the equivalent games.

Obviously not the best last night, but 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' was always going to happen. Still interesting but too much to do, I think.

42win.gif

The reality is, not so long ago we looked like a relegation team waiting to happen, I defiantly feared the worst for us earlier in the season.
Unfortunately we are just going to run out of games, another 8 or 9 games and we would have been in with a great shout for the play offs. but lets not forget what clough has done since coming in, to get us where we are and give us the great cup run is a great achievement.
Next season looks promising, as long as cloughy can get in the quality he wants then we have a great chance of promotion.

We have the 6th best home form in the league; the fact that we are currently 18th in the away table is why we aren't in the play-offs already. 19 points on the road is not good enough.

We also have the 5th best defensive record in the league, but the fourth worst record in front of goal.

On August 10th (Brentford) we started a run of 10 league games without a win, including 6 straight defeats. On 8th February, we started a run of 7 straight league wins and 8 unbeaten.

It's safe to say that this season has been one of extremes for Sheffield United.

Well that's the end of that for this season.

Thanks Grafikhaus.

Sharpen your pencils ready for August please

Yes good stuff grafikhaus,rest assured them graphs will look miles better from the start next season

Well that's the end of that for this season.

Thanks Grafikhaus.

Sharpen your pencils ready for August please

Actually, I'm thinking of a different take for next season. Lines for top, sixth & Blades. 'Compared with last season' was to show how we compared to a team fighting for play offs/promotion.

Not the chaos Weir left us.

Actually, I'm thinking of a different take for next season. Lines for top, sixth & Blades. 'Compared with last season' was to show how we compared to a team fighting for play offs/promotion.

Not the chaos Weir left us.

A 'compared with last season' line would be very interesting for next season!

We've beaten every team in the league apart from Wolves, Brentford, Preston, Orient, Walsall, Bradford, Oldham (yet) and Coventry (yet). Not bad at all.

Only Wolves have done the double over us. Who would have thought that at the end of September?

It's also strange how we haven't scored or conceded more than 3 goals in a match all season.

Top half finish now virtually guaranteed.

With only one game to go Port Vale (who we beat last night) could stop us, with a 15+ goal diference turn around.

Who would have thought that at the beginning of the year?

It's also strange how we haven't scored or conceded more than 3 goals in a match all season.

It's also 'strange' that only Carlisle, Shrewsbury & Stevenage (bottom three and virtually guaranteed to go down) have scored less than us.:(

Sharp and Evans. You know it makes sense.

Any chance of laying off Porter now?

45draw.gif
Plus, we're finally making it count in the last ten...

upload_2014-4-29_21-35-55.png
Plus, plus since the Crewe debacle on 1st Feb., we've played 18 league games and only conceded more than one goal on two occasions (Wolves & Swindon). Still next year, games like Oldham away must yield 3 points.

Last edited:

Losing at home to Wolves means we drop 1.33* points on last season. This puts us on -10.81 compared to last season and Clough is +0.78 on Wilson. We won at Crawley last season, so this Tuesday's victory maintains the status quo.
The games coming up are:
- Swindon away (D) = 1
- Brentford home (D) = 1
- Orient home (D) = 1
- Rotherham (**) = 1.75
- Stevenage (W) = 3
- Tranmere away (W) = 3
- Port Vale away (***) = 1.75
- Oldham away (W) = 3
- Coventry home (L) = 0
This is interesting as if we pick up 7-8 points extra on last season then it could see us ovetake Posh (presuming they finish on 70 points, which is their current projection). The question is whether we can do significantly better in these games.
* drew with Donny at home, beat Bournemouth and lost to Yeovil = 4/3 = 1.33
** drew at BDTBL vs Bury, beat Scunny, lost to Hartlepool and beat Pompey = 7/4 = 1.75
*** won at Bury, drew at Scunny, won at Hartlepool and lost at Pompey = 7/4 = 1.75

Losing to Swindon we lost a point, drawign to Brentford and Orient means we matched last seasons results and beating Rotherham gives us an extra 1.25. Therefore we are 10.56 points down on last season and and Clough is 1.03 up on Wilson in the equivalent games.

Beating Rovrum gave us +1.25 points on last season and as we beat Stevenage last season then we don't pick anything up from winning that. Only drawing against Tranmere (after we won there last season) means we drop 2 points, but we gain 1.25 from beating Vale. Only to drop 2 points vs Oldham (where we won last season). This means that over those 5 games we lose 1.5 points on last season. This puts the season overall at 12.06 down on last seasons equivalent games and Clough 0.47 down on Wilson (in the equivalent games). Any sort of result in the final game would mean that Clough has done better than Wilson in the equivalent games, which would be some achievement in the circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom