Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As the season has looked doomed before the GK switch and yet how frustrating our matches are to watch, I'm more interested to see how capable Grbic is to learn and improve in next few months (if playing for us).

Our situation as a team and the GK spot hasn't been easy - not for Wes either - and I think it requires lot of from the indiciduals. I also have to say that I think he has learned from mistakes and also improved some areas of his play, but there is still room for more.

And if he won't get any better and is as bad as some comments point out, it should be hard thing to replace him with better GK for next season.

Let's hope for the best - what ever it is!

Not looking good! Meanwhile Muric has been insane for Burnley since coming into the team. Single-handedly won them a number of points.

View attachment 182322
This sums it up perfectly, for every match this donut plays we’re conceding 1.14 goals more compared to an average keeper…. Take in to account the psychology of the players and they go 1 down and it’s a mountain to climb

As the season has looked doomed before the GK switch and yet how frustrating our matches are to watch, I'm more interested to see how capable Grbic is to learn and improve in next few months (if playing for us).

Our situation as a team and the GK spot hasn't been easy - not for Wes either - and I think it requires lot of from the indiciduals. I also have to say that I think he has learned from mistakes and also improved some areas of his play, but there is still room for more.

And if he won't get any better and is as bad as some comments point out, it should be hard thing to replace him with better GK for next season.

Let's hope for the best - what ever it is!
Read it 3 times and still not got a scooby 🤷‍♂️

No keeper in the world is stopping either their third or fourth. The other two would need world class reflexes to even stand a chance of keeping them out, and even that might not have been enough. Costing us points today? That's one hell of a claim, show your work
Goal 1 an average keeper would have saved that, deflected but near the keeper, his reaction to this was slow motion.
Goal 2 he dived before the shot was taken, if he stood up it was a routine save, instead all he could do was stick out a leg.
Goal 3 would have beaten most keepers, the fact he dived after it went in makes it look worse.
Goal 4 no keeper on the planet would have saved it.

Conclusion - He's a very poor keeper and he cannot be part of the rebuild.

Last edited:
Goal 1 an average keeper would have saved that, deflected but near the keeper, his reaction to this was slow motion.
Goal 2 he dived before the shot was taken, if he stood up it was a routine save, instead all he could do was stick out a leg.
Goal 3 would have beaten most keepers, the fact he dived after it went in makes it look worse.
Goal 4 no keeper on the planet would have saved it.

Conclusion - He's a very poor keeper and he cannot be part of the rebuild.

Goal 1 wasn’t at all near him. It went in right in the bottom corner. It was a massive deflection. The view on the replay doesn’t do justice to how badly it deflected.

Goal 2. I thought this was possibly the only one he could’ve done better with but I didn’t see the deflection at the time. Since seeing the replay the deflection obviously makes a big difference. The biggest problem is the defence parting like the Red Sea and giving their lad a free shot from 8 yards out.

Goals 3 and 4 he couldn’t have been expected to save.

Have we seen Grbic play in front of a stable and confident defence yet?

Goal 1 wasn’t at all near him. It went in right in the bottom corner. It was a massive deflection. The view on the replay doesn’t do justice to how badly it deflected.

Goal 2. I thought this was possibly the only one he could’ve done better with but I didn’t see the deflection at the time. Since seeing the replay the deflection obviously makes a big difference. The biggest problem is the defence parting like the Red Sea and giving their lad a free shot from 8 yards out.

Goal 1 was very saveable.

You think he does better with a better defence? Sure they would mask his deficiencies but they won't make him a better keeper.

He's rubbish, admit it.

Goal 1 was very saveable.

You think he does better with a better defence? Sure they would mask his deficiencies but they won't make him a better keeper.

He's rubbish, admit it.

What was your view of goal 1 in regards to where you were sitting in the ground?

I’m not sure whether he does any better with a better defence, I’m just asking if you think we’ve seen him playing with a stable defence in front of him. One that doesn’t allow the opposition to have very easy shots on target.

What was your view of goal 1 in regards to where you were sitting in the ground?

I’m not sure whether he does any better with a better defence, I’m just asking if you think we’ve seen him playing with a stable defence in front of him. One that doesn’t allow the opposition to have very easy shots on target.
Goal one was saveable. Not the easiest but in theory Grbic is paying for the 20th next team in England so difficult saves should be possible.

The second for me is squarely on Brereton-Diaz who didn't want to be defend a one v one and so didn't defend at all.

The third is on Osborn who's miles out of position in central midfield and Trusty who's just plain nesh.

The fourth is on the central defence and midfield (Hamer in particular) who strength interested in closing down.

The problem Grbic has its that if he didn't concede a soft first then arguably the others don't go in either. I want the best for every player who pulls on our shirt but Grbic is shot. Wilder needs to swallow his pride and take him out of the firing line.

I’ve been holding off because I refuse to believe he’s as bad as his form. You don’t get to play for Atletico Madrid playing like this. In fact, you don’t get to play anywhere…
He played in 12 league games for them. And as far as him being an international keeper, he’s played two more games for Croatia than I have.

Let’s face it, he is not Premier League standard. Maybe next season will be his time to come good, but I sincerely doubt it. He’s definitely not an upgrade on Wes.

I very rarely admit my mistakes, but about 3 months ago I said Wes was one, if not the worst keeper we've had as number one in my lifetime.

Wes actually looks like Lev Yashin compared to Grbic. How he's ever gained a professional contract is baffling but it gives me hope that I could one day play for a Real Madrid and I'm 36, fat and can't run more than 5 yards without dying.

I very rarely admit my mistakes, but about 3 months ago I said Wes was one, if not the worst keeper we've had as number one in my lifetime.

Wes actually looks like Lev Yashin compared to Grbic. How he's ever gained a professional contract is baffling but it gives me hope that I could one day play for a Real Madrid and I'm 36, fat and can't run more than 5 yards without dying.
But do you have arms like a t rex and the reactions of Stevie Wonder?

If so, this could be the Summer for you!

Goal one was saveable. Not the easiest but in theory Grbic is paying for the 20th next team in England so difficult saves should be possible.

The second for me is squarely on Brereton-Diaz who didn't want to be defend a one v one and so didn't defend at all.

The third is on Osborn who's miles out of position in central midfield and Trusty who's just plain nesh.

The fourth is on the central defence and midfield (Hamer in particular) who strength interested in closing down.

The problem Grbic has its that if he didn't concede a soft first then arguably the others don't go in either. I want the best for every player who pulls on our shirt but Grbic is shot. Wilder needs to swallow his pride and take him out of the firing line.
I've not seen either again, but notwithstanding the deflection, the Muric save from Brereton-Diaz when he accidentally played it to him seemed to require similar skill, only he was far more agile.

I must admit, we made Muric looked good, because we completely failed to exploit his obvious weakness. I found it borderline negligent not to have Holgote in the team and have him throwing the ball towards the goal every time we had a throw close to the penalty area. It may seem rudimentary as an approach but it would have been a legit approach to getting at them and for reasons only known to Wilder he left it aside. It's not as if Holgate would have been a downgrade on either Anel or Trusty or is Wilder back having that OCD thing where a shit left footed centre back on the left is much more preferable than a decent right footed one?

I am not advocating anything radical, because you can't have much faith in getting the right manager but I lay some of the blame of yesterday on Wilder too, in terms of team selection, formation and tactics. Not being wise after the event, I posted this as soon as I saw the team.

Wes would have saved the first

Also not all of gribic's comedy play lead to goals. He should have gifted them a 5th but for some woeful finishing. He ran out waved a leg at it at it landed straight at their midfielders foot with him miles out of his goal. It should have been an easy chip into the goal but the burnley player made a mess of it and chipped it wide.

His kicking and dallying on the ball was shockingly bad, to the extent that you could tell our defence would rather kick it anywhere than back to him

Goal one wasn’t saveable once he’d moved to stop the initial shot. His momentum was completely on the wrong side meaning it was impossible to get back over in time. Whoever it was doing the Sky replay comms agrees with me anyway 😉

I agree he needs taking out of the firing line.

Goal one wasn’t saveable once he’d moved to stop the initial shot. His momentum was completely on the wrong side meaning it was impossible to get back over in time. Whoever it was doing the Sky replay comms agrees with me anyway 😉

1713682486648.png

Still on his way to his left here..

Has anyone got a replay or good angle of that first goal? My initial reaction was that it was bad keeping (very slow reactions, near side as well), the TV replay made it look worse but a few on here saying it was deceiving. Happy to be proved wrong but can’t find a link.

Rematch the third and watch Souza.

He's never in the firing line - his anticipation isn't good enough.

Difference with the two keepers yesterday is that the save Muric made early in the second half when he tipped the shot over the bar that was going into the top corner, would no way be saved by Grbic.

Couple that save with the Hamer goal straight after and it could have easily been 2-2. That’s how Muric keeps their side in the game with just that one save.

Back
Top Bottom