McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FFS.
May as well been sat next to me last home game first despite crap spoken about him,.
First time he moved in more than a dozy jog when he F! up that 5 yard pass 40 minutes in and 'ran' 30 yards to dive in - for once not getting booked.

To anyone with eyes and a brain, it’s clearly not an ability issue.

When Oli is fully fit and on form he’s a handful in the Premier League and a top striker in the championship.

He’s been mostly shite for us owing to his injury record and never getting properly fit

A few have mentioned his purple patch, where he was frankly unplayable. Surprisingly this coincided with a period of starts and fitness. Imagine there’s a mentality/confidence piece at play as well.

The question is whether McBurnie is too injury prone or being the victim of our generally awful conditioning and fitness record, remain up for debate.

One thing I’m pretty sure of, for all the dogs abuse he gets from some and the opinion he’s generally awful - he will not be short of interest and the majority of Championship teams, and a couple of PL teams would be thrilled to sign him.

Your opinion, like mine is open to interpretation.

My interpretation, based on pretty much every single minute of his pitch time with Utd over 5 years is that Swansea had our pants down. And even that’s an understatement.

Out of curiosity, which bit of “I’ve been wank” are you not convinced about ?

UTB
I’ll gladly answer your question when you’ve answered mine so I’ll ask again. Name me one no. 9 (or 24) in the championship who is within our budget who is better than McBurnie?
We aren’t paying 20 million this time round so that’s irrelevant now.
It’s difficult to take you seriously when with the exception of Sharp you’ve slagged virtually every striker off we’ve had for as long as I can remember

To anyone with eyes and a brain, it’s clearly not an ability issue.

When Oli is fully fit and on form he’s a handful in the Premier League and a top striker in the championship.

He’s been mostly shite for us owing to his injury record and never getting properly fit

A few have mentioned his purple patch, where he was frankly unplayable. Surprisingly this coincided with a period of starts and fitness. Imagine there’s a mentality/confidence piece at play as well.

The question is whether McBurnie is too injury prone or being the victim of our generally awful conditioning and fitness record, remain up for debate.

One thing I’m pretty sure of, for all the dogs abuse he gets from some and the opinion he’s generally awful - he will not be short of interest and the majority of Championship teams, and a couple of PL teams would be thrilled to sign him.

With Oli Mac he seemed to fitness issues pre-Hecky. He hits form like now then he gets an injury or some sort of niggle which sets him back again.

I’ll gladly answer your question when you’ve answered mine so I’ll ask again. Name me one no. 9 (or 24) in the championship who is within our budget who is better than McBurnie?
We aren’t paying 20 million this time round so that’s irrelevant now.
It’s difficult to take you seriously when with the exception of Sharp you’ve slagged virtually every striker off we’ve had for as long as I can remember
Your perception is evidently distorted from the reality.

I’ll challenge YOU to find posts with the exception of your twatter pal where I have “slagged” any of our other strikers ?

I’ll give you Henderson & Hansen cos they were in fact, waaaank 😂

Leon I’ve made my peace with and we’ve since kissed and made up ❤️

Constructive criticism is not slagging. Let’s be clear on that.

So go ahead. Knock yourself out. Prove to me that your perception of me and my views on any of our other strikers is even remotely accurate ?

Then I could perhaps take you seriously 😉.

UTB

I’ll challenge YOU to find posts with the exception of your twatter pal where I have “slagged” any of our other strikers ?

So go ahead. Knock yourself out. Prove to me that your perception of me and my views on any of our other strikers is even remotely accurate ?

Then I could perhaps take you seriously
so everyone has an opinion but yours is reality? 🤣🤣
Still waiting for the list of 24 you claim are better options than O.B.
Obviously just your opinion of course 😉

so everyone has an opinion but yours is reality? 🤣🤣
Still waiting for the list of 24 you claim are better options than O.B.
Obviously just your opinion of course 😉
You have had my list.

See #861.

Just pick one of them. Plenty to choose from 😃.

UTB

You have had my list.

See #861.

Just pick one of them. Plenty to choose from 😃.

UTB
Your cop out list? Where the majority aren’t no 9s and some midfielders in there? How about putting some real thought into it rather than a generated list then admitting you may be wrong? Maybe not.
Tell me, how did McBurnie play today? Surely that has more relevance than how much he cost 5 years ago

Your cop out list? Where the majority aren’t no 9s and some midfielders in there? How about putting some real thought into it rather than a generated list then admitting you may be wrong? Maybe not.
Tell me, how did McBurnie play today? Surely that has more relevance than how much he cost 5 years ago

Because if he answered the question with some specifics rather than the usual waffle it would be even more obvious that he has absolutely no idea.

He was bobbar in the first half. As he was in the first half against Fulham.

Marked improvements in the 2nd half in both these games.

He does win headers. Especially in our own box. He doesn’t win nearly as many when he’s in the oppos half of the pitch and, when he does, they rarely come to anything.

His ability to turn over possession in even the most straightforward situations is unbearable at times.

He is, and you can quote me on this, the slowest player on the pitch every time he pulls the shirt on. I reckon you’d have to drop to L1 or L2 to find a slower #9 across the grass.

When was the last time you saw him contribute to a high press ? I’ll save you the trouble. He just doesn’t and it’s a frustration when everyone else around him does.

He is all too frequently outmuscled. Watch closely to ALL duels and don’t be selective. Way less than 50%.

He doesn’t offer much as an out ball when we are under pressure defensively and NEVER runs the channels. Not his job I hear you say and to some extent I agree.

But fuck me, offer something more than being a static lump that we all too often aim high hopeful balls to which almost always turnover possession.

He’s in a rich vein of goalscoring form which IS to be applauded. Nice one OM 👏.

This ultimately is what grabs the headlines and leads to all the social media MOM congratulations. The “Billy Sharp” syndrome where our goalscorer is automatically the “door deals motm”.

Highly amusing to me when I have sufficient in depth understanding to know better 👀.

One last thing. A Gervaisism if you will. Being offended DOES NOT mean that you are right 😉.

UTB

Ps - I’d take Lee Gregory who ranks next to last on this less than scientific list. There are boatloads of others 👍

Last edited:

Then I could perhaps take you seriously 😉.

UTB
You sir are an idiot.

He was bobbar in the first half. As he was in the first half against Fulham.

Marked improvements in the 2nd half in both these games.

He does win headers. Especially in our own box. He doesn’t win nearly as many when he’s in the oppos half of the pitch and, when he does, they rarely come to anything.

His ability to turn over possession in even the most straightforward situations is unbearable at times.

He is, and you can quote me on this, the slowest player on the pitch every time he pulls the shirt on. I reckon you’d have to drop to L1 or L2 to find a slower #9 across the grass.

When was the last time you saw him contribute to a high press ? I’ll save you the trouble. He just doesn’t and it’s a frustration when everyone else around him does.

He is all too frequently outmuscled. Watch closely to ALL duels and don’t be selective. Way less than 50%.

He doesn’t offer much as an out ball when we are under pressure defensively and NEVER runs the channels. Not his job I hear you say and to some extent I agree.

But fuck me, offer something more than being a static lump that we all too often aim high hopeful balls to which almost always turnover possession.

He’s in a rich vein of goalscoring form which IS to be applauded. Nice one OM 👏.

This ultimately is what grabs the headlines and leads to all the social media MOM congratulations. The “Billy Sharp” syndrome where our goalscorer is automatically the “door deals motm”.

Highly amusing to me when I have sufficient in depth understanding to know better 👀.

One last thing. A Gervaisism if you will. Being offended DOES NOT mean that you are right 😉.

UTB

Ps - I’d take Lee Gregory who ranks next to last on this less than scientific list. There are boatloads of others 👍

Lee Gregory…

Now I know you’re trolling.

I mean really….. this sums you up 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom