We have to change formation...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cannot change formation. It’s all we have.

I am sick of seeing the 'overlapping centre backs' system. It was exposed in our relegation season. It was useful in our promotions and our first season back when it took the PL by surprise. But that's when we had Jack, and peak Bash and Egan. With a midfield who knew the system and full backs who could play the system. Not now. It's tired, useless. I'm behind Hecky but don't be like a bad gambler. Change the system FFS. How could it be worse playing 442 or any other combination. Let's be honest Bash should not have been starting today.

No chance, he will go with Robinson, Ahmedhodzic and Trusty with U21 players on the bench. 3-5-2 is ingrained in this club. We cannot play 4-4-2. We do not have the personal to play it and remember when Slav tried it - disaster. Fact is Hecky will always stick to 3-5-2 - he thinks it makes us compact and compete.

He will still be doing the same thing come Christmas if he survives and will play players out of position rather than change. He’s not very good.

Wilder did the exact same in the last relegation season, but some want him back. 🤷‍♂️

4-1-3-2

Norwood sits as the deep playmaker.
Souza, Hamer and McAtee provide the energy in front to try and break up attacks, with the latter two carrying the ball forward to link with the strikers.
Fuck it, can't be worse than what we are currently seeing.

----------------------Wes------------------------
Bogle-------Anel---------Trusty----------JLT
--------------------Norwood---------------------
---------Hamer----Souza-----McAtee-------
----------------McB------Archer---------------

Hecky won't drop the back 3 though, even if we only have 3 fit CBs in the whole squad.

No chance, he will go with Robinson, Ahmedhodzic and Trusty with U21 players on the bench. 3-5-2 is ingrained in this club. We cannot play 4-4-2. We do not have the personal to play it and remember when Slav tried it - disaster. Fact is Hecky will always stick to 3-5-2 - he thinks it makes us compact and compete.
Why does it have to be 4-4-2?

It could be 4-5-1, or 4-1-3-2, or 4-2-3-1, or 4-1-4-1. There are plenty of variations that could suit our squad.

What is clear is that the old tried and tested system doesn't work anymore and Hecky will play it anyway and see it as working until we concede, and then he hasn't got a clue what to do. In his post match interview he claimed that the plan was working today. There was a plan? What the hell was it?

We need to do something different. For all the talk of wanting the players to be brave, it's now Hecky's turn.

Midfield is being over run and the strikers are isolated. I can't see the point of playing two up front with nothing linking them when we are hardly getting a shot in.

I would be going 4-4-2 home and 4-5-1 away (Hopefully Baldock is back soon, so him and Robinson at full back and Trusty and Anel in the middle). Souza and Davies as a shield. Slim (away), Hamer and Macca in front and McBurnie and Archer/Brewster (home).

Whatever we do, we can't stick to a plan that just isn't working.

We need to do something different. For all the talk of wanting the players to be brave, it's now Hecky's turn.

Midfield is being over run and the strikers are isolated. I can't see the point of playing two up front with nothing linking them when we are hardly getting a shot in.

I would be going 4-4-2 home and 4-5-1 away (Hopefully Baldock is back soon, so him and Robinson at full back and Trusty and Anel in the middle). Souza and Davies as a shield. Slim (away), Hamer and Macca in front and McBurnie and Archer/Brewster (home).

Whatever we do, we can't stick to a plan that just isn't working.

Like the sound of all of that. Unfortunately Davies is our for a few months as well, so might have to stick Norwood, Hamer or Souza in alongside Souza.

Like the sound of all of that. Unfortunately Davies is our for a few months as well, so might have to stick Norwood, Hamer or Souza in alongside Souza.
Bugger - I had completely missed that. Serves me right for living on the other side of the world.

Bugger - I had completely missed that. Serves me right for living on the other side of the world.

The rest of us only found out just after the match today mate. Hecky just came out with it.

Unbelievable really, or at least it would be for any other club.

It seems Archer isn’t the player Hecky thought if he imagined he’d fill Ndiaye’s shoes.

In games like the one just gone I’d feel no shame in playing 5-4-1.

For those saying 4 at the back, I don’t see us having 2 central defenders right now who are good enough without the insurance of an extra centre back. We’ve been bad enough with. Imagine without.

Playing two up top is largely redundant when we can’t get get the ball enough.

For that reason I’d just have McBurnie up top and play 4 in midfield. Maybe we can potentially turn to McAtee to play the Ndiaye role linking the two but until we get hold of the ball better and cut down the shots against, having a second out and out striker is a luxury we simply cannot afford.

Sick of making this point. We spent all summer recruiting for 3-5-2. We have played this system for years. We can’t just drop it because our players aren’t good enough, they’re not good enough in any system, formation is totslly Irrelevant. Yea we are shit but 3-5-2 is the best with what we have available to us, like it or not.

We went to a back 4 at HT against Newcastle look how that went. If we went 4 at the back we would be exposing our weaknesses even more. We’re just shit, no use trying to play football manager, 3-5-2 is still the best we have with the players available, the quality of the personnel is the problem

I’d like to see a 4-3-2-1 with:

Baldock/Bogle Anel Trusty/JLT Thomas/Larouci
Hamer Souza/Norwood Slimane
Archer McAtee
McBurnie

It can’t be any worse can it?!

Sick of making this point. We spent all summer recruiting for 3-5-2. We have played this system for years. We can’t just drop it because our players aren’t good enough, they’re not good enough in any system, formation is totslly Irrelevant. Yea we are shit but 3-5-2 is the best with what we have available to us, like it or not.

We went to a back 4 at HT against Newcastle look how that went. If we went 4 at the back we would be exposing our weaknesses even more. We’re just shit, no use trying to play football manager, 3-5-2 is still the best we have with the players available, the quality of the personnel is the problem
Just to your point about recruiting for 3-5-2, literally none of the players we’ve signed this summer played 3-5-2 at their old clubs. I hate that narrative that players can’t play in certain formations. If we lose 1 more centre back who do we bring in? We’d have to go 4 at the back, there’s no other choice. When we played 4 at the back against Newcastle we still had that horrendous flat 3 that offers literally fuck all. I’d rather us take a punt and get someone in who’s got 2 weeks to try and start getting these players play a different way. Can’t just stick with 3-5-2 forever, got to be a point where we phase it out

Back
Top Bottom