Match Thread Sheffield United v. Everton - 2nd September 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
EVER
EVER
EVER
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1693525124466.png vs. 1693525131654.png

Premier League Matchweek 4 - Saturday 2nd September 2023 - 12:30 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-everton.660/

Officials:

Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Harry Lennard, Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Jeremy Simpson
VAR: Simon Hooper
Assistant VAR: Akil Howson

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 00.38.10.png

Better performance today, Hecky is managing with one arm tied behind his back. A glimmer of hope. UTB.

That was written about being a 6 pointer but to be honest on this performance Everton aren't going to be at the bottom so a point is a very good point, the positives are, mcburnie was my mom he was terrific, archer is a player and his partnership with mcburnie looks good even at this early stage, harmer is such an upgrade on Berge and Thomas looks the best lwb we've got even after just 20 minutes of seeing him, the negatives are our defence and in particularly Egan, I know he was carrying a knock in the second half but he's not began the season very well, but overall an excellent performance and I believe we will get a lot better when they learn more about each other

McBurnie a performance to remember and Archers finishing is superb. Some defending has to be dramatically improved . Lucky bastard Pickford
Would have preferred Archer not to have been subbed

McAtee would have loved the empty space in midfield

Thomas for Larouci was an improvement. Larouci was all over the place.
Anel has to get his shit together.

The attack looks so much better with McBurnie and Archer. Traore is too lightweight for Premier League football. Everytime he has the ball it's gone 3 seconds later.
Looking forward to see Hamer and McAtee together.

Defensive blunders cost us again today,failure to win a header,deal with a second ball,missed tackle,problem we are going to have is finding teams with more mistakes in them than us on the day.
Most of the time they had acres of space to build attacks,they pressed us right back into our half and made us fight for every inch

Battling performence for the opening game of the season!! Two, three, shit a ron of tough games coming up. Remember, just have to be higher than Burnley, Luton and one other. So far 2nd in the bottom six table.

The attack looks so much better with McBurnie and Archer. Traore is too lightweight for Premier League football. Everytime he has the ball it's gone 3 seconds later.
100%

Defensive blunders cost us again today,failure to win a header,deal with a second ball,missed tackle,problem we are going to have is finding teams with more mistakes in them than us on the day.
Most of the time they had acres of space to build attacks,they pressed us right back into our half and made us fight for every inch
Everton do have muscle up front, back 5 did well.... Overall. Need to improve. Spurs won't be as generous in front if goal

Everton do have muscle up front, back 5 did well.... Overall. Need to improve. Spurs won't be as generous in front if goal
Well,we are going to face more physical teams or more technical teams,or both,almost all season,it's already been noted that we are vulnerable in the air at the back and down the sides for pace and trickery,all the PL have this mixture to throw at our weaknesses,and target it they will.

Give Traore 3 months to bed in, get to grips with the pace and physicality, and he'll be an asset later into the season.

Thomas could be the answer to our left back conundrum. Looked very good and unlucky not to get a debut goal.

A good 2 weeks to develop more understanding and get more tight as a unit, hope Egan is ok, looked like a knee though ffs….

Promising up top tho, and I’m more optimistic than I was a week or so ago.

Defensively, Trusty needs to be involved, looks like he may now get his chance.

Better performance today, Hecky is managing with one arm tied behind his back. A glimmer of hope. UTB.
What the fk you on about he's got nearly all the players he wanted his tactics leave a lot to be desired there's everyone saying what a window we've had not one player on bench to improve the eleven on from ko, imo I think we're gonna be in bottom five or six all season but have a chance

First half we were decent. I thought we were going to go up a gear in the 2nd but sadly not. I think we were way short of quality and composure in the 2nd half and annoyingly gave to much respect to everton who we allowed to play. They won most of the 2nd balls, pressed well and tried to control the game more. We went into a frenzy of hot potato football and just trying to clear the ball or forcing the killer, hollywood pass that most the time gave the ball back.

At this level we need to be more composed. Opposition know that we panic when they press us and we will launch a 50/50 ball up to be won. Some positives though.

• Mcburnie unreal
  • Archer looked V good as well
  • Thomas was impressive also in his short cameo.
  • 1 point

that was bloody stressful, im don't think i can take another 34 games like that. i wouldn't survive. but point is better than nothing but it shouldve been 3pts, i thought we were better team & got into the lead after conceding. but we were so slow to start that 2nd half, only everton came out for the 2nd half & we got overwhelmed & it was inevitable at the time

but on the good point onwhat a debut, has a blade ever repaid a transfer fee so quickly. outstanding debut from archer

Back
Top Bottom