Selling to reinvest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wizard

Reaction score
Looking back at Brentford's 19/20 window and it seems to be a good comp for our current situation.

OUT: Maupay & Konsa

IN: Mbeumo, Jansson, Jensen, Norgaard, Raya, Pinnock

Remains to be seen what our hit rate is but will be interesting at the very least.

1000004490.png1000004491.png

Brentford have one the biggest and most advanced scouting networks in football so not really comparable. Like SUFC323 said we’ve Paul Mitchell who’s stood at Warminster Road on a Sunday morning in his long coat looking for Jimmy Muir

Looking back at Brentford's 19/20 window and it seems to be a good comp for our current situation.

Remains to be seen what our hit rate is but will be interesting at the very least.

View attachment 167428View attachment 167429
I guess the difference is that Brentford sold players for good money. Whereas we’re having to cut our losses

Brentford have one the biggest and most advanced scouting networks in football so not really comparable. Like SUFC323 said we’ve Paul Mitchell who’s stood at Warminster Road on a Sunday morning in his long coat looking for Jimmy Muir
Did they when they got promoted though? I'm not trying to be a smart arse, I genuinely don't know.

Business Model mk 2 FC

unfortunately our business advisor seems to be this guy..

IMG_6874.jpeg

Yes and have for years. They developed a model based mainly on stats with a massive group of scouts and back room staff. It’s where we picked up O’Connell and Egan - they picked them up when others probably wouldn’t have

Are you seriously comparing how our club is run to Brentford?

We could not be two more different clubs. Brentford plan years ahead for their squad turnover. We don’t even have a fucking plan for the next 3 months.

Yes and have for years. They developed a model based mainly on stats with a massive group of scouts and back room staff. It’s where we picked up O’Connell and Egan - they picked them up when others probably wouldn’t have
Someone has told me this previously. If this model works so well then why are we not getting in on it?

If only we had some sort of scouting network, or otherwise had the technology to identify players of value. The S24SU scouting network of "players who played well against us for at least 70 minutes", "players who played for the Pigs" and "bring them all back!" is likely more extensive than what we have

Someone has told me this previously. If this model works so well then why are we not getting in on it?
Cos it’s Utd. I take it you are 10 years old and haven’t seen how this club is behind others and as for years!

I'm not saying we're Brentford or that our incomings will be as successful but I don't think that means the strategy is bad.

I also don't think our scouting network isn't as non-existent as people seem to think. We've brought in Ahmedhodzic, Traore & Slimane who are hardly household names.

We gambled on being able to tempt Ndiaye to sign a new deal which he had agreed to before changing his mind again and joining Marseille. If we were going to let Berge go maybe we'd have been better doing it earlier but Slimane was first through the door and fills the same position in our team.

Ultimately would we rather keep Ndiaye & Berge and go into next year with McBurnie + Robinson + no midfield.
Or sell them and start 24/25 with Trusty + Traore + Slimane + Souza? + O'Brien? + Akpom? tied to long term deals

I agree that this hasn't been handled well and it leaves us in a tough situation. Especially with such little time before the start of the season. We've still got enough time before the window closes to get deals done but a slow start in a relatively kind fixture run could be massive and doing late business has been a disappointing trend in our summer over the last few years.

Last edited:
Sorry I asked. We're in the top 20 clubs on the country right now. Maybe we could swap with the some of the other 72 clubs below us that are run so well 👍

Maybe chill out mardy arse.
Maybe you’re the one that should chill sister! It’s called tongue in cheek banter. Sorry I asked if you were 10 years old. What I should have asked is if you were American?

Maybe you’re the one that should chill sister! It’s called tongue in cheek banter. Sorry I asked if you were 10 years old. What I should have asked is if you were American?

Attachments

• banter-great.gif
    banter-great.gif
    179.6 KB · Views: 9
Is there a Brentford equivalent to Godwin's law?

As a transfer discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison to the Brentford model approaches 1.
Was just the easiest comparison to make as I new it was a big window for them.

Maybe Liverpool selling Torres and bringing in Carroll would've been a more accurate comparison.

We’re good at the first part but don’t seem to have the hang of the the second

If only we had some sort of scouting network, or otherwise had the technology to identify players of value. The S24SU scouting network of "players who played well against us for at least 70 minutes", "players who played for the Pigs" and "bring them all back!" is likely more extensive than what we have
In the real world, we’ve signed four players so far this window, who may or may not work out but all of whom were scouted by the scouting network you claim we don’t have.

If players want to move and don't want to sign new deals then I'm fine with the club selling them on for fees, however the problem is were five days away from our FIRST PL game of the season and already before Ndiaye and Berge leaving we needed 5 players to come in.

Since April we knew which league we was going to be in next season, so you do have to question WTF is going on? (Recruitment, contracts and planning)

We have a midfield of Slimane, Norwood and Osborn for Saturday and are still needing 7 players to come in, 5 of them being in midfield areas.

View attachment 167428View attachment 167429
Count up the outs since Hecky came in.

Then count up the ins.

Then see if you still think we're like Brentford (or any other club that's not a complete and utter basket case).

Back
Top Bottom