My final Take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

His ego coupled with incredibly thin skin were always going to be his downfall

There was a thread somewhere where another veteran expressed an anti war stance, and Pommpey properly laid into him and ending up accusing him of lying about his service history. As if being in a war couldn't possibly turn someone into a pacifist. One of the most unedifying things i've ever seen on here

Having FF on ignore l hadn’t seen that thread. Only going to end one way.

Which other members are ware of FF’s identity and why did they care enough to search him out? Weird.
Sorry my post is poorly written. It was Pomps who’s identity/another forum alias was identified. I can’t really remember the exact ins and out but I think there was some hypocrisy in play and he was being a prick in some Navy forum but Pomps threatened to report it to the admin when the poster suggested he could “out” him.
Out of the two I personally found some of Pompeys posts and comments distasteful whereas Fallowfield was just a WUM who got too many bites. Funnily enough Pompey seemed an entirely different person if you were discussing in the TV threads. He clearly had a big love of Star Wars but he really generous around advising what niche things to read/watch. All that said, I generally ignored both, certainly in recent times.

FF was an 'ok' WUM who only ever excelled at it when his target was Pommps who fell for it every. single. time. It was the classic battle of someone who had to get the last word vs. someone else who had to get the last word.

I'm sure Pommps is reading this now, writing up the retorts in his mind against all the people slagging him off on this thread. Something sharp, with about 500-700 words, to convince each of his naysayers how wrong they are 📖

That said, I hope he returns for the new season as I do enjoy the armchair opinions of a part-time fan 🙂

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Pre-Season friendly tour of Jamaica in 2000, begfriending off the shoulder of Paul Devlin.

I watched Ollie Norwood glittering 40 yard balls in the dark of a night match against Hull City from an IPTV stream wearing a replica kit from DHGate.

All those pointless "My Takes" will be lost in time, like tears in rain...

tenor.gif

blocked Fallow and I thought pompous was right up is self righteous arse, so I never read any of his self importance threads. Which is weird as when he was on the SUway he came across decent, just turned into a bit of a twat behind the keyboard.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Pre-Season friendly tour of Jamaica in 2000, begfriending off the shoulder of Paul Devlin.

I watched Ollie Norwood glittering 40 yard balls in the dark of a night match against Hull City from an IPTV stream wearing a replica kit from DHGate.

All those pointless "My Takes" will be lost in time, like tears in rain...

tenor.gif
Two fucking likes? You heathens!

Last edited:
Sorry my post is poorly written. It was Pomps who’s identity/another forum alias was identified. I can’t really remember the exact ins and out but I think there was some hypocrisy in play and he was being a prick in some Navy forum but Pomps threatened to report it to the admin when the poster suggested he could “out” him.
Out of the two I personally found some of Pompeys posts and comments distasteful whereas Fallowfield was just a WUM who got too many bites. Funnily enough Pompey seemed an entirely different person if you were discussing in the TV threads. He clearly had a big love of Star Wars but he really generous around advising what niche things to read/watch. All that said, I generally ignored both, certainly in recent times.

No I fully understood what you said. The doxing issue was a bit playground stuff IMO and unnecessary.

As for FF as a wum , l thought it was based less on United, player knowledge than a misplaced opinion on his own perceived intelligence and superiority over other members - he became very defensively self important after his earlier ban for example - but l don’t recall any run in with him. I put him on ignore because he was a boring cunt.

Pommpeys My Takes covered serious debate, fun and the odd wind up and will be missed.

Can’t say I’d lose any sleep over this.

I appreciate that he has his mates on here, and some people enjoyed these ‘takes’, but I found him excessively abrasive. I even felt at times he genuinely made this forum an unpleasant place to be.

His condescending tone towards anyone with differing opinions, and as someone mentioned earlier, complete inability to not have the last word was utterly farcical at times. This recent crusade against the irritating nuisance that is FallowfieldBlade was testament to this. There couldn’t be a more obvious troll (except maybe a certain dinosaur themed poster), but so many threads became bloated with a pointless insult slinging match between them- it was equal parts tedious and baffling.

I don’t know him in real life, and I imagine he’s a completely different person to how he presented himself on here. But, over the past few years on these forums he’s come across as such a toxic combination of arrogance, stubbornness and, at times, intolerance.

Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise for him anyway- with all this newfound free time he might get chance to go to a couple of matches this year 😜

Tbh I'm away from reading the forum like I usually do, but I'm sad to see pompey banned, where you watch and follow from shouldn't be a factor, it's well clear that pompey was 100% blade but they both had enough time to stop the argument spiralling down..

As for fallowfield I had him on block almost instantly after our first tit for tat..

Anybody calling themselves a blade and having the Seaman save as an avatar should raise a red flag straight away, matched with his negative opinions it spelled trouble, so that was goodbye from me.. Wish pomps had done the same.

What creases me up, stegosaurus is still here, I'm guessing I'm not in on the joke (on who he really is) 😉.

Ps, I don't want to know who anybody is, I love the mystery that I could be in a pub pre match stood next to a forum heavyweight and not know it... 🤣🤣

Pommpy was correct in his prediction of Fallowfield being banned before the start of the season then....just didn't factor himself into the prediction. I may be a bit naive with internet shit but don't get the big drama about your identity being exposed on here.

The problem with pomps is that he always MUST have the last word.

Fallowfield is a WUM that quickly got old but he knows exactly how to get under people's skin.

Lessons to be learnt all round me thinks!
Yep, found that out with the Dozy thread. Was fascinating to watch him use every narcissist technique to derail the conversation rather than just pause and consider they might have got something wrong.

Ps, I don't want to know who anybody is, I love the mystery that I could be in a pub pre match stood next to a forum heavyweight and not know it... 🤣🤣
I sat next to raul once before I knew who he was so it does happen ☺ And I've been in Bert 's presence too.

Hark at me, name dropping....actually, along with others on here, the old BU sponsored a game and I met pommpey and Mrs pommpey and he seemed sound and I'm surprised at how he turned out on here, being opinionated and thin skinned isn't a great mix.

That was the occasion when our table won the quiz and the prize was a copy of Greenwich Blade 's book and we asked if we could swop it for the second prize ☺

I sat next to raul once before I knew who he was so it does happen ☺ And I've been in Bert 's presence too.

Hark at me, name dropping....actually, along with others on here, the old BU sponsored a game and I met pommpey and Mrs pommpey and he seemed sound and I'm surprised at how he turned out on here, being opinionated and thin skinned isn't a great mix.

That was the occasion when our table won the quiz and the prize was a copy of Greenwich Blade 's book and we asked if we could swop it for the second prize ☺

Was Greenwich Blade in attendance lol?

As an ex-serviceman myself, Pommpey amazed and perplexed me at times. He is/was obviously very senior in the Navy - I doubt very much an officer though, by his tone and very thin skin, but I would imagine the Navy equivalent of an Army Garrison Sergeant Major or RAF Station Warrant Officer. These people are Gods in the military world. Even Junior / Middle ranking Offices will bow to them at times.

So, what I am saying is, Pommpey is very used to having his own way and people not saying boo to him. He is very well written and extremely knowledgable in many areas, so can easily hold his own in forum discussions/arguments. His achilles heel though ................ his incredibly thin skin and the almost psychotic need to 'have the last word'.

This makes him easy meat to WUMs. Even a feable and half arsed WUM such as Fallowfield, could get under his skin.

I always enjoyed Pomps, even when he was being arsey. I shall miss his posts and the banter then inevitably followed. Whereas that other one, Fallowfield? Nothing of merit imho.

But Forum rules is rules… fly (sail) too close to the flame and get burned.

Hopefully this saga ends in redemption and forgiveness. 🙏🏻

As an ex-serviceman myself, Pommpey amazed and perplexed me at times. He is/was obviously very senior in the Navy - I doubt very much an officer though, by his tone and very thin skin, but I would imagine the Navy equivalent of an Army Garrison Sergeant Major or RAF Station Warrant Officer. These people are Gods in the military world. Even Junior / Middle ranking Offices will bow to them at times.

So, what I am saying is, Pommpey is very used to having his own way and people not saying boo to him. He is very well written and extremely knowledgable in many areas, so can easily hold his own in forum discussions/arguments. His achilles heel though ................ his incredibly thin skin and the almost psychotic need to 'have the last word'.

This makes him easy meat to WUMs. Even a feable and half arsed WUM such as Fallowfield, could get under his skin.

He was a reservist Warrant officer ( 2 years ago at least). I get the impression from some of his more recent posts that he'd left and was now some sort of consultant. (second link a good example of how colossal his ego is)

Last edited:
I posted a couple of years ago or so that I thought that Pompey was the lad who would ring radio Sheffield after a game and would alway end with 'COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZZZZZZZARDS!'
I forget his name but when I posted it Pomp's gave it the thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom