Prince Abdullah

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The existing deal was significantly more than that if we were promoted. But significantly less than many analysts think we’re worth now.

Just going on what was said to me AB. It was someone really close to the club. There was an article today also saying £115m but we may be both wrong?

PA isn't daft. Look what he did with McCabe. I've been wondering if the whole Dozy situation hasn't just been a convenient arrangement. Has PA been leaned on to sell up now Newcastle are Saudi owned and Dozy was happy to play the role of prospective buyer. Has having a prospective buyer helped stall creditors & force new loan arrangements? Anyway, regardless, times with PA have been generally great. Premier league here we come 🎉🎉 ⚔️

I think the only loans we took out were against parachute money and the Ramsdale fee , there will be some debt but can’t see it being huge???
We still owe £35m on the mortgage for the McCabe assets - that needs paying off before we end up potless like we were recently.
We've escaped financial disaster by going up - let's not risk it again please.

I think the only loans we took out were against parachute money and the Ramsdale fee , there will be some debt but can’t see it being huge???
I thought there was a mortgage against the club when PA borrowed to pay McCabe for the assets?

Have I got that wrong?

We were supposed to be not hearing fuck all from him again according to Jim royale a while back...but now he's back tonight and a few days ago at Wembley... how's he managed that..on the bandwagon.. make you,re fuckin mind up..or are you doing the oke koke.

We still owe £35m on the mortgage for the McCabe assets - that needs paying off before we end up potless like we were recently.
We've escaped financial disaster by going up - let's not risk it again please.
If we can be up, and debt free that would be massive. Tbh PA is probably the man to make that happen, especially after getting his fingers burnt first time.

We were supposed to be not hearing fuck all from him again according to Jim royale a while back...but now he's back tonight and a few days ago at Wembley... how's he managed that..on the bandwagon.. make you,re fuckin mind up..or are you doing the oke koke.
Tbf he would have got slaughtered for not going to either

Should be getting slaughtered for having us under a transfer embargo in January, but seems to have gotten away with it.
Possibly yeh, depends on what we know about what really happened behind closed doors

But in simple terms of a cup semi and then a league game we could get promoted in etc then staying away was only ever going to get negative responses generally

He's been at the helm for 2 promotions to the PL in 4 years. We could have been in the hands of somebody much, much worse. I will only ever look back on his reign with a large amount of positivity.
Correct - getting placed under a transfer embargo and not paying money for a player for 2 seasons. Good times.

We won promotion despite the Prince, not because of him!

Possibly yeh, depends on what we know about what really happened behind closed doors

But in simple terms of a cup semi and then a league game we could get promoted in etc then staying away was only ever going to get negative responses generally
Regardless of what's going on behind closed doors, a well-run club (still receiving parachute payments) should not be getting placed under a transfer embargo.

It is a total shambles behind the scenes!

A seriously rich investor, hopefully, will come in and turn this club into Man City. Or maybe it is the beer talking
Dont want that at all. I’d much rather become a team with similar wealth to a team like Brighton/Leeds/Everton - allows us to keep an identity and establish ourselves as a PL team

Regardless of what's going on behind closed doors, a well-run club (still receiving parachute payments) should not be getting placed under a transfer embargo.

It is a total shambles behind the scenes!
I’m not here trying to defend the Prince and how we ended up under embargo, I’m not sure it’s as easy and black and white as what those who do want to criticise him for it etc, but I don’t know full story

The only point I’m trying to make is even if he didn’t want to be at the last two games, there was nothing to gain from doing that, it would have just been negatively viewed from everyone else outside of the fan base

Correct - getting placed under a transfer embargo and not paying money for a player for 2 seasons. Good times.

We missed an instalment due as part of payment schedule.
" not paying money for a player for 2 seasons" is a stupid comment, even for someone who doesn't know what their talking about.

No confidence with this man in charge.
We've been promoted twice with him as owner. He provided Wilder with tje funds to break our transfer record numerous times. That wouldn't have happened under any of our previous owners.

The embargo was the result of us gambling on promotion by not selling Ndiaye or Berge and that has now paid off. It was said we needed to raise 40m when we went down but we only sold Ramsdale as he wouldnt undersell Berge. Previous owners would have sold Berge for 10m but PA didn't.

WBA came down with us, they are in a financial mess and have massively under performed us in the 2 years since relegation.

It's clear that we need a new owner to take us to the next level but whilst waiting for a buyer PA has done a good job. We are going up FFS what do people want ?

Jesus…. some People still looking for negatives,you lot must be fun to live with.
Memory like goldfish,no afterglow,no honeymoon period,no way to escape your dull existence.
Exiting the back of the stand last night some ‘super blade‘ says to me “All the part timers will be back and it will be rammed like this every match next season” I said “bring it on” He replied “don’t want em” and if your’e reading this you grumpy old git,just stay at home next season.
To the fans who’ve stayed positive all season….well done guys and don’t let the muppets grind you down.

This

I'm not a fan of the Prince, however we must give him some kudos for not selling Ndiaye and Berge in the JTW.
Those decisions have cemented our promotion.

3 promotions, 2 champions league players, some of the best football of my life, an FA Cup semi, most expensive player in our history. Yeah, he's been disappointing 😄.

Edit... also he joined in league 1, by the end of next season nearly half his time will have been in the premier league....

I might be alone in this but has anyone else completely stopped giving a shit about the embargo?

I get that it doesn't look great, and will damage some reputation, but absolutely nothing happened because of it. It was the equivalent of being on the naughty step or having your name written on the board. Unless there is an actual consequence, I couldn't give a shit.

If being put under embargo was the mechanism to allow us to keep our best players and go up, I say bring it on!

Viva la embargo!

Back
Top Bottom