2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Huddersfield Town - 10th December 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
HUDD
HUDD
HUDD
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1670626818761.png vs. 1670626827438.png

Championship Week 23 - Saturday 10th December 2022 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-huddersfield-town.626/

Officials:

Referee: Darren Bond
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Assistant Referee: Jonathan Hunt
Fourth Official: Ross Joyce

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1670618541687.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (to be updated):

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 20.41.34.png

Last edited:

Supposedly the game's available on NowTV but can I bollocks find it on their website. Anyone want to help me out?
On Red Button if that's any help. Also no geo restrictions so you can buy a match pass. There should be a few free streams too.

Its great to see players coming back, it's been a struggle without them

On Red Button if that's any help. Also no geo restrictions so you can buy a match pass. There should be a few free streams too.
Only got access to my laptop right now. Their website is awful for finding anything. I've already got NowTV so just trying to avoid paying twice.

Supposedly the game's available on NowTV but can I bollocks find it on their website. Anyone want to help me out?

if its anything like the app the red button streams are right at the bottom of the page.

I can't get the red button on the playstation but are you saying I could with now TV on the playstation?

decent first half. We need to tighten up a little at the back as they got forward far too easy a couple of times but look comfortable. Just need the second.

Reactions: SLB

Very slow ponderous start to the second half, just the kind of attitude that gets us punished by a shit team

Another CLEAN SHEET for Foderingham Well done. Very little to do this afternoon with how poor the Terriers were

Like walking dead after a months rest. And nearly got punished.
Taking a full minute to ninety seconds to take a throw, free kick or corner, game played whilst walking around, absolutely no desire to add to the score and just for once give the fans a few minutes to actually enjoy a game.

Just thankful we got away with it, a better or more confident team would have buried us

Khadra did well when he came on
Another performance proving he should be gett more minutes. We were very safe and boring, then he comes on and made things happen, scaring the shite out of the Hudds defence. I love how direct he is and while it doesn't always come off, at least he stretches the opposition, makes them sit a little deeper, and gives them a lot to think about when they're already tiring

I’m happy with the 3 points but blimey. That little dink through in the last minute and their player was inches away from touching it in past Wes.

Can we kill games off please!

A very strange game. The break played a lot in that. They all looked shattered after 60 minutes. Very scrappy and no one really getting their foot on it ball. Equal in many ways but they hardly created anything. We were more lively first half but both teams equally drab in the second. The thing we really lack was the first time balll. It was all a little too slow going forward. Still, 3 points and a good start after a break for once.

Defensive heading though. Why do we always just head free headers anywhere? Half the time we just head it straight to an opponent. Been bugging me for the season. Like the headed hoof.

Wes - 7 - Really solid. Only had one save but his handling was solid from set pieces and distribution good. Tried to bowl the ball out quickly after collecting it.
Stevens - 6 - Decent first half. He's lost his legs so struggles badly to get back but helps makes things happen going forward. Happy to come inside and quite a lot of our attacks involve him even if it's not the final ball. Surprised he stayed on but no idea how fit Lowe is.
Clark - 6.5 - Ok. In fact, looked quite solid and no nonsense.
Egan - 6.5 - Had a fight on his hands and did pretty well.
Anel - 6 - Ok. Delays a bit going forward and a little rash in defence, but ok
Baldock - 7 - Looked a threat first half with Norwood's diagonals but seemed to fade out as the game went on
Osborn - 7 - Thought he was probably our best player. Just because he was constantly buzzing around showed good energy. When it was flat he was there to give it a little burst. Seemed to be all over the pitch, while the quality wasn't always the best.
Norwood - 7 - Mixed. Some beautiful diagonal ball first half but also some sloppy passes. Put a shift in defensively with not the greatest support from the right hand side.
McAtee - 6 - Made some good runs going forward and looked lively but the defensive side wasn't the best. Struggles, understandably, on his wrong foot. Seemed to fade and maybe had an injury? Went straight down the tunnel.
Ndiaye - 6.5 - Looked half his usual self. Ran into trouble far too often. Created the goal though and always a threat.
Sharp - 5.5 - Took his goal really well but otherwise looked off it. Kept going and putting the effort in, to be fair.

Subs

Berge - 5 - Great to have him back but thought he looked half asleep. The highlight wasn't the Crossfield ball to their right back!
McBurnie - 5 - Didn't really get involved
Khadra - 7 - Looked lively when he came on. Gets the ball and looks to take his opponent on. The problem is he seems to be a heads down type of player. It kind of came off for him today but equally he needs to make much better use of the ball. His energy was a big plus when he came on though.

Hecky - 6.5 - Got the 3 points after a the break. That's the most important point. We looked better first half with a few nice moves first half. Faded in the second. I though the Berge sub was well-timed but we could probably have brough McBurnie and Khadra on 5 minutes earlier and maybe have bought on Bash and or Lowe for extra legs.

Huddersfield - They looked more solid without really creating anything. They rely on Thomas and he's not that good. I fear for them if they don't bring a couple in the JTW. Offered little today for all their workrate.

Glad this didn't go to script - inability to break weak teams down then throw it away at the end. A really good 3 points at the end.

A special yah boo hiss to Huddersfield for poor away support - poor turnout for a game in the same county.

Back
Top Bottom