Jagielka

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You're right mate. He owes us nothing and that's precisely what he's given since his departure. In return we owe him nothing, least of all hero status.

I've far more time for lesser players like Bob Booker, Nick Monty, Paul Devlin, Danny Webber, Neil Shipperley, Curtis Woodhouse, Kyle Walker (a better player as it happens) and many others who continue to follow us and attend matches when they can...

That's all fair, and I agree that it's great to have players like the aforementioned who still have an interest and can occasionally be spotted at the lane.

You may feel you don't owe him hero status, which is fine, our heroes are personal to ourselves. But personally, he is one of my blades heroes.

I don't know how old you are, I'm assuming over 22 (my age), if so, you'll probably have plenty of better players to choose from to make it into your personal hall of fame. People my age though, probably haven't seen a better player than Jagielka for United.

Perhaps the fact that he's probably the best United player of my generation, says more about our plight in recent years, than it does about Jagielka himself.

I can name two players who have stupidly handled the ball in the past few months. Dumb mistakes, not Machiavellian conspiracies.

I've heard that silly accusation levelled at Jags a few times.

He didn't need to "engineer" a move from Sheffield United. Whether we had stayed up or not, Everton would have got their man regardless because they're a bigger club, and if memory serves, they were in Europe the following season or the one after.

I'm also fairly sure his contract stipulation about being allowed to talk to anyone with a bid over £4m didn't depend on what division we were in.

Was always gunna happen. Unfortunately 2 years too late. I doubt he will displace Egan or JOC.

So, as opposed to absolute rubbish, there is no rubbish at all?

The only person who can tell us why he did it, that is the Everton player, never has. He should have. It mattered to us. We were not assured of an immediate return to the Premier League; He was.

No nauseating sycophancy and "Jags" shit from me. Never been a Blade.
Does that infer that YOU are not in a position to explain “it” then ?

Only “The Everton player” capable of that ?

Kinda pisses on 12 years of your own work if so !

Maybe the “soon to be Sheffield United” player will do you the service !!!

I’d recommend, for your own good health and BP, you let it go.

Maybe ;)

UTB

Can’t really see Jags getting up and down the pitch as Wilder likes his centre backs to do.

You start with JOC Egan and Bash and have back up for Bash in Jags.

Perfect sense to me. Won't have broken the bank either.

Being a Blade will get an extra 10% out of jags when he does play too. He'll be brilliant for the younger lads and the dressing room and I hope to god we offer him a coaching role should he want it. Blades behind the scenes everywhere is a very good attribute to have in modern football.

Being a Blade will get an extra 10% out of jags when he does play too. He'll be brilliant for the younger lads and the dressing room and I hope to god we offer him a coaching role should he want it. Blades behind the scenes everywhere is a very good attribute to have in modern football.

Alot of sense in this post.

What evidence do you have to suggest he has any aptitude for coaching?

Remember Chris Morgan? I don’t doubt you’d have said much the same about him. He was appalling.

Bladey Claptrap.

You might be right.

But make no bones, it’s Bash that is under most “threat” by this.

IMHO.

UTB

Jags will almost certainly be back up for Egan mainly, but I'd guess the other two at a pinch, also decent back for Simon Moore, what more could you want.

Jags will almost certainly be back up for Egan mainly, but I'd guess the other two at a pinch, also decent back for Simon Moore, what more could you want.
And as a dm when we invert the midfield to see a game out.

Does that infer that YOU are not in a position to explain “it” then ?

Only “The Everton player” capable of that ?

Kinda pisses on 12 years of your own work if so !

Maybe the “soon to be Sheffield United” player will do you the service !!!

I’d recommend, for your own good health and BP, you let it go.

Maybe ;)

UTB
let-it-fucking-go.jpg

Against the top 6, it's fair to say our CB's won't be marauding anyway. I predict Wilder will play a more 'solid' RCB in those games if not all season.

Jags what a wonderful player he was. Note I said “Was.” In 2007 he moved on, in 2019 we moved on. There is no time for nostalgia in the premier league. Sorry jags but no

What evidence do you have to suggest he has any aptitude for coaching?

Remember Chris Morgan? I don’t doubt you’d have said much the same about him. He was appalling.

Bladey Claptrap.

I don't have any evidence. Should he want it, should he be qualified then let's try and nurture him. Why not?

Pinchy by name......twat by nature.

Can’t see a lot wrong with this to be fair.
CW has always said he won’t be silly with money, so we know Jags will be within the wage structure
We need back up and with a limited budget a freebie is perfect.
I suspect some games (or last 10mins holding a lead) we will be more defensive minded and not use overlapping CB’s - so who else can we get with 300 games prem experience, no fee and fits the wage bill?

He gave everything for the Blades when he was here, please don’t be one of the throbbers who say he intended to handle the ball to give a pen - flawed on so many levels. What if the ref didn’t spot it, what if the pen was missed, what if we went up the other end and scored?
Type of shite I would expect the grunters to trawl out if they lost one of their best players

If he wants to go into coaching who better to learn off than a ex defender and award winning manager that played at BDTBL?

Welcome home Jags, hope it comes off for him and us.

Why offer him a coaching role what badges does he hold, and I'm not including Gloops and Milky bar Kid badges?

Jags is surely back up for Egan, and may get some starts against the big boys when the CBs can’t get forward?

Jags what a wonderful player he was. Note I said “Was.” In 2007 he moved on, in 2019 we moved on. There is no time for nostalgia in the premier league. Sorry jags but no

Totally agree but I don’t think we’re pinning our hopes on him being the linchpin of our defence.
Reckon he’ll mainly be cover and won’t play that much BUT I really believe that his daily influence will improve and reassure the inexperienced Egan, OConnell and Stevens.

Jags will also help maintain our fantastic team spirit. He’s genuine, down to earth, a fantastic pro and role model. You never know working with the likes Jags, Sharp, Norwood, Stearmsn etc on a daily basis might just bring out the very best in Ravel Morrison because he enjoys his time at Bramall Lane.

Another factor with the Jags appointment is that he could become part of our backroom and potentially a future manager.

Back
Top Bottom