Worst 2 Centre Backs in a long time !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Greenblades

Reaction score
I have held back on this for a long time as I have been super critical of the 2 in front of them but today was the final straw.
We simply get bullied every week and Egan and Davies are so weak it’s untrue. They don’t win any tough battles at all and they look so poor. Look at how many goals we have conceded this year due to weak defending. The two in front don’t help at all but seriously these two are woeful in a 4. The goal today was like kids football. Centre half and indeed captain jogging out. We blamed Robinson and for good reason at times. Davies ?

I thought Davies had a good game today and there were a couple of times in the second half where he outmuscled Madine. Egan had some communication with him too. For one of Blackpool's corners Madine peeled back from Egan as the ball was about to be struck. He turned and told Davies to pick him up. He did just that and won the ball.

For me Fleck and Davies were of our best two players today,

It's been as obvious as the cock on Gary Megsons forehead, that we have needed a couple of big hard no nonsense centre halves at the back to defend. Egan isn't the biggest or the most dominate himself at centre half so what do we do.... Bring in another ball playing weak as piss in the air centre half to play alongside him, probably on high wages. Fuck me sideways. When will we fuckin learn that we need big aerially dominate lads at the back who will kick and head clear and defend well? Leaders of men, thats what we need, we don't have any. Example at Barnsley last week, after they pulled what should have been a mere consolation back on 75 mins, where was the leaders in the team, talking to their team mates and calming them down. There wasn't any and it was a leaderless rabble.

I thought Davies had a good game today and there were a couple of times in the second half where he outmuscled Madine. Egan had some communication with him too. For one of Blackpool's corners Madine peeled back from Egan as the ball was about to be struck. He turned and told Davies to pick him up. He did just that and won the ball.

For me Fleck and Davies were of our best two players today,
All about opinions. Fair play. Madine nailed Davies at least 3 times today for me but more importantly are we any better ? We concede every week and the back 4
Is to blame nearly every week. Today was another example. Two centre halves jog out whilst full backs run out. ? No communication , leadership or indeed common sense. That’s my view and I totally respect yours. Either way it’s bloody annoying !

I'm not saying he was perfect, but I saw more good from them but today, than bad. They took Yates out of the game, who is Blackpool's in form top striker, and contained Madine to not doing much all game. He may have hassled them and given them a physical game, but it amounted to nothing for Blackpool.

Likewise to you, I respect your opinion too.

I disagree, our midfield simply don’t offer the defence any sort of protection whatsoever. Our first line of defence should be at the least 30 yards further up the pitch. Today Norwood spent most of his time stood between Egan and Davis.
I agree with you. ! West Brom Away ? Barnsley away? Birmingham are home ? Huddersfield at home? Millwall at home? They win nothing from set pieces and your right the two in front are useless as well in a 4.

Every single team with a back 4 that is successful has a defensive minded midfielder, without this we will not be successful, zero support from a midfield that by definition should be BOTH WAYS

I have held back on this for a long time as I have been super critical of the 2 in front of them but today was the final straw.
We simply get bullied every week and Egan and Davies are so weak it’s untrue. They don’t win any tough battles at all and they look so poor. Look at how many goals we have conceded this year due to weak defending. The two in front don’t help at all but seriously these two are woeful in a 4. The goal today was like kids football. Centre half and indeed captain jogging out. We blamed Robinson and for good reason at times. Davies ?
They had 2 shots on target today. Didn't create a decent chance all game.

Don't need to with our defence. One is normally enough. Olsen made 3 saves - same as their goalie.

We had the better chances but not sure we had any absolute sitters outside the Ndiaye one on one. Still good chances definitely but we showed no composure at all for all the kudos Ndiaye and Gibbs White get for being our 2 best players.

Egan and Davies look exposed.

Baldock and Stevens looked exposed.

Fleck and Norwood look exposed.

The lone striker looks ineffective.

3-5-2 resolves all of the above. Or sign players who are not drilled to this style.
Cheers for putting it into simply terms for people who don’t understand our pitiful plight...Please send a copy of your post to Slavisa Jokanovic.

3-5-2 resolves all of the above. Or sign players who are not drilled to this style.
Can’t disagree at out how poor they all look. It’s not saying much for championship ( x prem) players though is it ? I am ok with the manager, and hope he gets the time he needs, because the squad is poor and the money wasted criminal.

Never been right since joc was there to tell em what to do where to stand and who to watch.....

Said it from first time I saw him and every game since, Davies is crap! Can’t defend, can’t tackle, positional sense is poor. But he is good on the ball which for some reason makes him good for some blades. That’s not what we need, we need a brute.

Quite. Madine did nothing of note all game. Neither did his striker partner. We absolutley battered them, their keeper had a blinder to go along with our poor finishing. The goal is a shocker and you can debate who's to blame for it all day long but I'm not sure how we conclude that our centre backs are shit from watching that game.

So you’re saying we looking better at the beginning of the season playing 3-5-2, when we couldn’t even get to the opposition area?

It's been as obvious as the cock on Gary Megsons forehead, that we have needed a couple of big hard no nonsense centre halves at the back to defend. Egan isn't the biggest or the most dominate himself at centre half so what do we do.... Bring in another ball playing weak as piss in the air centre half to play alongside him, probably on high wages. Fuck me sideways. When will we fuckin learn that we need big aerially dominate lads at the back who will kick and head clear and defend well? Leaders of men, thats what we need, we don't have any. Example at Barnsley last week, after they pulled what should have been a mere consolation back on 75 mins, where was the leaders in the team, talking to their team mates and calming them down. There wasn't any and it was a leaderless rabble.
lopata

we showed no composure at all for all the kudos Ndiaye and Gibbs White get for being our 2 best players.
Little bit harsh when Blackpool’s keeper pulled off a fabulous save from Gibbs White early in the second half.

Back
Top Bottom