Who plays the next game?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
A bit early i know but with poor old Brewsdog out again and McBurnie looking knackered do we give the lads coming back from injury a run? I would suggest playing Bill on his own upfront with Illiman and MacAtee just behind. At the back with Anel suspended should it be Bash Egan and Robinson.? That leave 4 midfielders. Got to start Doyle and Norwood with Stevens and Baldock maybe. Wes back is a huge boost as Davis makes me rather nervous:). Maybe Clarke is fit and could make a comeback.

Anyway top result today lads with lots of grit and determination. UTB.

Wes being back is a major boost, not only is he a good shot stopper his distribution is excellent, not only does this allow us to keep possession but can start attacks, this was noticable today with Davies, every time he got the ball he punted it, and gave back easy possession to west brom

-----------------Davies/Wes (not sure what he'll do there. You could argue Wes' stupidity lost him the shirt)

Baldock - Basham - Egan - Robinson - Osborn

--------Doyle----Norwood-----Fleck

-------------Sharp--- Ndiaye

I suspect we'll have to rest McBurnie. Hopefully Basham was just precautionary. He completely lost a man just before he came off and maybe tired. Seemed to be walking ok at the end. I doubt Ndiaye will be able to play more than 60 minutes. Looked shattered and put a big shift in. Potential that McAtee or Khadra might start next to Sharp.

I can't imagine Stevens will be ready to start, but if Baldock is out he might have to put 60 minutes in.

We're incredibly short of numbers again if Bash or Baldock can't play. I think you play Sachdev if Baldock is out. Senseless risking Enda when he'll be off the pace anyway.

A bit early i know but with poor old Brewsdog out again and McBurnie looking knackered do we give the lads coming back from injury a run? I would suggest playing Bill on his own upfront with Illiman and MacAtee just behind. At the back with Anel suspended should it be Bash Egan and Robinson.? That leave 4 midfielders. Got to start Doyle and Norwood with Stevens and Baldock maybe. Wes back is a huge boost as Davis makes me rather nervous:). Maybe Clarke is fit and could make a comeback.

Anyway top result today lads with lots of grit and determination. UTB.
Baldock n Bash injured today

Mcatee shouldn’t be anywhere near staring 11 right now. He’ll have a great career but needs drop down a level and bulk up.

IMO he should only play in a free role behind the striker/s. Now that Fleck is back I hope we never see him deployed in the flat midfield three again!

Unchanged apart from injuries for me play your best side hecky and don't get an attack of the "tactics". Feel sorry for Brewster but let's be honest we won't miss his goal threat.

Mcatee shouldn’t be anywhere near staring 11 right now. He’ll have a great career but needs drop down a level and bulk up.
We don't have a great amount of choice at the moment. He's done better than Khadra and at least tries to tackle back.

Fair play to the lad wanting first team football, but in hindsight it might have been better for him to remain at City for another year.

Reactions: UTB
Unchanged apart from injuries for me play your best side hecky and don't get an attack of the "tactics". Feel sorry for Brewster but let's be honest we won't miss his goal threat.
Even if it means tucking McB up in bed for a few days , our top scorer must at least start every game - failing to start him , Ndiaye & Doyle was a major mistake v Norwich - with injuries, we haven't got the depth of quality to mess about resting & rotating , if we want promotion.
With Jebbo & Brewster out , we now have just McB , Ndiaye & Sharp and the latter should not be starting.
What's our goal threat without McB & Ndiaye ?
Clue - look at today's scorers + the amount by which Norwood consistently misses the target.

Same side, , maybe be careful with illiman playing all game, but most will have a rest during the world cup

Do we have a young striker we can move up? Marsh, maybe?

-----------------Davies/Wes (not sure what he'll do there. You could argue Wes' stupidity lost him the shirt)

Baldock - Basham - Egan - Robinson - Osborn

--------Doyle----Norwood-----Fleck

-------------Sharp--- Ndiaye

I suspect we'll have to rest McBurnie. Hopefully Basham was just precautionary. He completely lost a man just before he came off and maybe tired. Seemed to be walking ok at the end. I doubt Ndiaye will be able to play more than 60 minutes. Looked shattered and put a big shift in. Potential that McAtee or Khadra might start next to Sharp.

I can't imagine Stevens will be ready to start, but if Baldock is out he might have to put 60 minutes in.

We're incredibly short of numbers again if Bash or Baldock can't play. I think you play Sachdev if Baldock is out. Senseless risking Enda when he'll be off the pace anyway.
Wes comes back in, Davies hasn't impressed

Mcburn and Ndayie apart we don t have much strikers fit.

Agree no where near championship level.

Reactions: UTB
Not every player has to be bulked up.David silva , foden , David brooks all manage just fine.

Wes being back is a major boost, not only is he a good shot stopper his distribution is excellent, not only does this allow us to keep possession but can start attacks, this was noticable today with Davies, every time he got the ball he punted it, and gave back easy possession to west brom

Not convinced. Agree Wes is first choice, agree about the shot stopper part but he does seem to put the ball out into touch a lot.

Still roll my eyes a bit at some of our attempts to play out from the back - though we have improved.

Adam does punt the ball more noticeably often than Wes which suggests Hecky is okay with this. On the plus side going old school does get the ball forward faster and gives us a 50% chance of possession.

Just to confirm... No tactics?!

Back
Top Bottom