Who Do We Trust

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeByChoice

Reaction score
Way to early for this thread but here goes.

Suppose Slav does his thing and we get promoted back to the PL.

Question 1: do we (the fan base) trust Slav to do a ruthless job and release the players who are clearly championship level and not give his ‘golden boys’ long contracts, and to spend wisely on incoming transfers and loans.

Question 2: if Slav fucks up in the PL next season, do we trust the club to make the right decision and get shut early doors (late October / early November) to give an incoming manager time to assess and make his changes in the JTW.

I’m thinking I trust Slav, but not the club.

Its a weird time to ask questions like that, absolutely.
I think Slav would have upgraded on some of our dross this season if that's what you mean, let alone if we went up.

Lets not forget, Lundstram, Bryan,Lowe and Burke have been binned off even though we couldn't get any money for them.

Don't forget, when he got Fulham promoted they spent 100m+ on players he didn't want. Then sacked him. If, and that's a big if, we get up this year, then trust him in the market.

I think in our 5th season under Slav when we've been promoted and relegated followed by promoted again, I think we'll challenge for the title but we'll get beat 2-1 by Tottenham to get 2nd place. Jim Phipps will buy the club in anger on the condition that he can sell Berge to build a statue of John Brayford. Already fuming about it

HMS piss the league hasn't set sail yet 😂

Yeah too early.. Way too early..

I think Slav would have upgraded on some of our dross this season if that's what you mean, let alone if we went up.

Lets not forget, Lundstram, Bryan,Lowe and Burke have been binned off even though we couldn't get any money for them.
I thought we still had Burke?

If Slav does get us promoted, he will inherit a shed load of problems. Can’t keep MGW, has to sell Berge and possibly Ndiaye. Might get lucky with Davies.
Brewster hits form and gets sold back to Liverpool.
No player purchase dividend from the board, based on sales.

Just sayin’ like :)

If Slav does get us promoted, he will inherit a shed load of problems. Can’t keep MGW, has to sell Berge and possibly Ndiaye. Might get lucky with Davies.

A United manager inheriting a shed load of problems? There's a first! 😄

Question 1: do we (the fan base) trust Slav to do a ruthless job and release the players who are clearly championship level and not give his ‘golden boys’ long contracts, and to spend wisely on incoming transfers and loans.
You didn't have to start another thread to have a veiled dig at Wilder, there's plenty already.

We've just had one game in christ knows how long that we've all enjoyed and makes the future start to look promising again and then this, some folk seem to enjoy looking for negatively.

Lundstram and Bryan binned us off. Lowe played well yesterday and got a cracking assist, we will get money for him I reckon.

only chance of MGW is if wolves get relegated however i could see someone like arsenal or tottenham go for him

its not a given that we would sell berge or ndiaye if we did go up, both young players who need lower PL experience before making any kind of leap. Berge more likely but we would want proper £££ in this circumstance

if brewster gets sold to Liverpool then we should be over the moon, £40m in the bank for a player who looked like a flop - this wont happen though much more likely to go to Crystal Palace or Newcastle after us if hes any good

basically we could be in for a huge windfall if we went up and our young players came good, it could fund a huge rebuild project, not just on the pitch but with bdtbl, academy and training facilities

This is a problem we are deffo not certain to have. Worry about this if we are successful enough in promotion!

Hi Stegosaurus here

Slav is tougher than Wilder. Slav wouldnt keep playing Lunstram while he plays silly babies over his contract.

I expect him to whip Moose into shape too or kick him to the curb.

Wilder was a pushover. He lost the lockerroom after Leicester with his bonehead comments and lost it further by not getting Lundstram and Moose in line.

There' a 'triple drop' too. Not sure to post on that or the 'if we get promoted' thread.

Let's give it a while for either !

Hi Stegosaurus here

Slav is tougher than Wilder. Slav wouldnt keep playing Lunstram while he plays silly babies over his contract.

I expect him to whip Moose into shape too or kick him to the curb.

Wilder was a pushover. He lost the lockerroom after Leicester with his bonehead comments and lost it further by not getting Lundstram and Moose in line.
I don't agree with any of that.

But Slav isn't a pushover too.

Don't forget, when he got Fulham promoted they spent 100m+ on players he didn't want. Then sacked him. If, and that's a big if, we get up this year, then trust him in the market.
Spot on. Seen many people on here saying he's as bad in the market as wilder. The only player he wanted was Mitrovic, all the other players were bought without his input.

only chance of MGW is if wolves get relegated however i could see someone like arsenal or tottenham go for him

its not a given that we would sell berge or ndiaye if we did go up, both young players who need lower PL experience before making any kind of leap. Berge more likely but we would want proper £££ in this circumstance

if brewster gets sold to Liverpool then we should be over the moon, £40m in the bank for a player who looked like a flop - this wont happen though much more likely to go to Crystal Palace or Newcastle after us if hes any good

basically we could be in for a huge windfall if we went up and our young players came good, it could fund a huge rebuild project, not just on the pitch but with bdtbl, academy and training facilities
It was posted tongue in cheek as a future prediction worst case scenario. :) sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom