When the year ends in 1

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cheets

davetheblade
Reaction score
Generally this seems to coincide with a significant season for us, for good or ill:

1961: Defeated in FA Cup semi-final after 2nd replay, when we should have arguably won the first match
1971: Promoted to top flight and then unbeaten and top of Division 1; the glorious Woodward and Currie era
1981: The darkest year in our history? Relegation to division 4 against Walsall, but year zero for the club and the start of a rebuild.
1991: The Great Escape under Bassett
2001: Meh
2011: Relegation to League One under Mick Adams
2021: ?
(If I'd gone back further I could have mentioned the 1901 Cup Final Replay defeat to non-league Spurs)

(Igf

Just googled it ,Yiddish origins with a splatter of American sitcom ....every day is a school day

Generally this seems to coincide with a significant season for us, for good or ill:

1961: Defeated in FA Cup semi-final after 2nd replay, when we should have arguably won the first match
1971: Promoted to top flight and then unbeaten and top of Division 1; the glorious Woodward and Currie era
1981: The darkest year in our history? Relegation to division 4 against Walsall, but year zero for the club and the start of a rebuild.
1991: The Great Escape under Bassett
2001: Meh
2011: Relegation to League One under Mick Adams
2021: ?
(If I'd gone back further I could have mentioned the 1901 Cup Final Replay defeat to non-league Spurs)

(Igf

we were also promoted in 1961.

Spurs win the league/fa cup double. Except 71, 81, 91, 2001, 2011

Back
Top Bottom