Underwhelming

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jon P

Magherafelt Blade
Reaction score
I don’t mean to be ungrateful but the lads we’re being linked with - Morsy, Guedioura and Hourihane are hardly going to transform our side into a promotion contending side

Not saying they are bad players - in fact I think CH is a huge improvement on what we have seen

but does seem a tad strange to Slate wilder for not taking all these exotic recruitment suggestions from the board and then to end up with a transfer window of literal textbook wilder signings.

hope tomorrow throws some more scoring wingers / creativity out as that’s what we are crying out for.

Do the players you have listed potentially improve what we have in the current midfield, offer more drive, threat, and tackling ability?
I don’t have a list, not my job. But would’ve expected better than a lad we wanted 5/6 years ago and a 36yo

I don’t have a list, not my job. But would’ve expected better than a lad we wanted 5/6 years ago and a 36yo
Yes you do have a list,, You listed the players your underwhelmed with, do they potentially improve our current midfield?

I don’t mean to be ungrateful but the lads we’re being linked with - Morsy, Guedioura and Hourihane are hardly going to transform our side into a promotion contending side
But what about Connor H and Davies??

You may or may not be right, but sadly, we are where we are.... for lots and lots of reasons.

Is Slav trying to bring in players to turn things around? Yes, of course he is.

2020 - Young Exciting striker from Liverpool for £20+ Million - its not worked out
2019 - Mousset for half that, he scored a lot more goals
2018 - Didsy Helped us to promotion and has scored 20+ goals
2016 - Leon Clarke 29 goals and left us having got two promotions...

I don't know what you want, i don't know what you expect, but we can chuck big money around and get shite.

Hourihane is an experienced creative midfielder coming into a side struggling for creativity and confidence.
Ben Davies is a Left sided centre half, again with experience at this level.

Its probably not enough but the two loanees so far have added depth and experience to the squad.

Time will tell if the signings are enough and whether they're good enough for what Slav wants to do.

Sorry to say but this will take at least 2 years to sort out

Yes you do have a list,, You listed the players your underwhelmed with, do they potentially improve our current midfield?

But what about Connor H and Davies??
Davies 12 months late, better late than never I guess. Hourihane yes an improvement (e.g set pieces) but still lacking creativity, width and someone who’s going to run at defences and cause problems. It’s frustrating when you see Fulham, WBA, Forest doing good business / linked with better, younger players (see between the lines on twitter). Anyway I guess some people are more easily pleased than others

Davies 12 months late, better late than never I guess. Hourihane yes an improvement (e.g set pieces) but still lacking creativity, width and someone who’s going to run at defences and cause problems. It’s frustrating when you see Fulham, WBA, Forest doing good business / linked with better, younger players (see between the lines on twitter). Anyway I guess some people are more easily pleased than others

For me our creative players capable of beating a man are: Freeman and Berge. If a couple of more defensively capable midfielders allows them a bit more freedom, then I'm all for it.
Just now we're so poor at winning the ball back in midfield, hopefully they'll improve us in that regard.

Fresh faces and new ideas in the training ground/ dressing room can only be a positive right now.

We've so far signed Davies, recognised as the best LCB option in this division and Hourihane, who is a creative, goalscoring set piece taker.

Both will be on a very good wage and we may well see 2-4 more.

Honest question; who are you expecting us to be in for?

Let's go through this again for the 1001st time, why not,,Fulham and WBA both have mega rich owners, Fulham the added pull of living in playing inLondon, as for Forest, presume you mean they beat us to signing Garner, a player they had on loan previously that played the best football of his career so far, and yet its an absolute mystery to so many people why he chose Forest over us, going back to a Club, City, players and manager he knows, rather than a team and manager he doesn't know.

Have a day off lad or get back to Champ Manager.

Our MF at the moment is utterly fucking atrocious, and I include Berge in that as well.

If Hourihan, Guedioura and Morsy come in and replace all 3 then IMHO we will have upgraded that area of the pitch in one fell swoop!

Let's go through this again for the 1001st time, why not,,Fulham and WBA both have mega rich owners, Fulham the added pull of living in playing inLondon, as for Forest, presume you mean they beat us to signing Garner, a player they had on loan previously that played the best football of his career so far, and yet its an absolute mystery to so many people why he chose Forest over us, going back to a Club, City, players and manager he knows, rather than a team and manager he doesn't know.
Don’t understand why you need to be passive aggressive just have the debate it’s a forum

Back
Top Bottom