Incoming? Tyrese Campbell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"Sheffield United will try to gazump Celtic and Rangers by offering Tyrese Campbell a move to the Premier League.

The Blades have now entered the fight for the Stoke City striker who added to his reputation by opening the scoring in a 1-0 win against West Brom in the English Championship on Monday night.

The 20-year-old then limped off with a hamstring injury but United are willing to pay a significant fee to sign him this month."

We don't have "significant" money. This is just paper talk.

Significant money probably isn’t what you're thinking it means, especially as he can go to Scotland for 400k

Thats because they're classed as overseas, doesn't apply to us. Stoke can ask what they want, they have no choice with Rangers/Celtic though.

He has a cross border release clause.. is it that hard to understand? Were in England therefore we dont get the same option.... read the article.

If they HAVE to accept 400k from one team, they’re not going to ask the other team for several million. They’ll just be happy to get more.

If they HAVE to accept 400k from one team, they’re not going to ask the other team for several million. They’ll just be happy to get more.

I dont think it works like that.. the 400k is compensation, not sure if they have to 100% accept it. It seems like a contract they gave him before he broke through.

400k isnt significant, like they quote in the article.

I don't he'll move to Utd or anywhere else whilst his hamstring is still damaged. With only 10 days left in the JTW, the chances of him regaining full fitness to enablehim to pass a medical must be low.

I don't he'll move to Utd or anywhere else whilst his hamstring is still damaged. With only 10 days left in the JTW, the chances of him regaining full fitness to enablehim to pass a medical must be low.

You dont have to be fully fit to pass a medical.

A medical is more about un-earthing potential recurring injuries or long term damage. It's less of a fitness test and more of a screening.

You dont have to be fully fit to pass a medical.

A medical is more about un-earthing potential recurring injuries or long term damage. It's less of a fitness test and more of a screening.

A fair shout but very few players are transferred whilst injured. Darren Randolph was the other week but that was a huge risk on West Ham.'s part.

Rangers and Celtic have made offers to the England Under-20 international whom they could sign for less than £400,000 in the summer on a cross-border deal.

But Blades boss Chris Wilder said: “I believe we will get one or two in definitely in the next week.

“As we all know it is a moving market.”

What the fuck do those quotes have to do with this story. It's as though that's his answer to being asked about campbell.

Scummy journalism.

A fair shout but very few players are transferred whilst injured. Darren Randolph was the other week but that was a huge risk on West Ham.'s part.

Very true, signing a player with am injury is certainly a risk. I was just pointing out that him being injured isn't necessarily a barrier for him switching clubs this january.

Thats because they're classed as overseas, doesn't apply to us. Stoke can ask what they want, they have no choice with Rangers/Celtic though.
What the fuck are you on about?

His contract is up in June which means that, now it's January, he is now allowed to talk to "Foreign" clubs and sign a pre-contract with them to sign on 1st July. Because of his age, compensation would be due to them which appears to have been set at £400k.

For United to buy him, we need to buy him NOW, we can't discuss pre-contract terms with him. So, if we bid £1m, Stoke may accept it and lose him now.

We signed Lavery when his contract had run down and had to pay Pigs some compo due to his age. I think it's under 24s!?

His contract is up in June which means that, now it's January, he is now allowed to talk to "Foreign" clubs and sign a pre-contract with them to sign on 1st July. Because of his age, compensation would be due to them which appears to have been set at £400k.

For United to buy him, we need to buy him NOW, we can't discuss pre-contract terms with him. So, if we bid £1m, Stoke may accept it and lose him now.

We signed Lavery when his contract had run down and had to pay Pigs some compo due to his age. I think it's under 24s!?
Stop talking sense.

Would be a great signing. I would buy him and loan him back.

or maybe forest have a 6th choice striker they need us to take

Can't believe he's not even in the squad for them. Is he injured or what

Can't believe he's not even in the squad for them. Is he injured or what

Not been involved since Michael O`Neill took over, not going to play.

Blackpool were interested at the start of the window, but their interest seems to have cooled.

Back
Top Bottom