Tommy Doyle joins on season long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AdamSufc1997

Reaction score

Never heard of him to be honest, but he appears to be very highly thought of.

His Grandfathers are Mick Doyle and Glynn Pardoe from Man City’s team of the 70’s.

He’s played a few games for City, trained with and been around the first team, captained England at every youth level, he’s a very good player, always looking to get involved and not short of confidence. If he was at any lower prem or Championship club he’d have been a regular starter by now.

Given Sheffield’s proximity to Manchester would be a good deal for everyone.

Sheffield United are amongst 10 Championship clubs interested in signing Tommy Doyle on loan from Manchester City, a source has exclusively revealed to Football League World.

Slavisa Jokanovic is looking to evolve his Sheffield United squad this summer, with the midfield an area that needs work.

Doyle, 19, has seven senior appearances under his belt at the Etihad Stadium and could be an ideal option for Sheffield United. City are expected to make a decision before August, as they weigh up what’s next for the teenager.

FLW

i think weve a good chance of getting this guy if slav wants him pep likes us 😉

Must admit I would prefer James garner who had a successful spell at forest. Doyle has not been on loan before so concerned he would be more of a Woodburn compared to a Henderson who had a successful loan spell before he came to us.

Must admit I would prefer James garner who had a successful spell at forest. Doyle has not been on loan before so concerned he would be more of a Woodburn compared to a Henderson who had a successful loan spell before he came to us.
I’ve seen them both several times, IMO Tommy Doyle is a better player than Jimmy Garner and would be a great asset. One things for sure, he wouldn’t hide like Woodburn did, whenever he got a game for us.

We’d be lucky to get him which probably means he’ll go elsewhere 😬

Doyle looks like a miles better version of Lunny. More of an older school midfilder (ping it, pass in, run with it).

Doyle > Hourihane
yeah these could be the 2 that are coming in and i wouldnt be adverse to it youth and pace experience and goals and still wouldnt be suprised at another midfielder coming in as well as these 2 if berge is sold

Back
Top Bottom