Timings and dates of U18s and U23s games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I notice that the last 2 matches of both the U18s AND the U23s are scheduled for the same dates and times. For those of us that follow these teams and hope to find a live stream it’s really inconvenient and you’d have thought would have been inconvenient for the Club too who will be limited in their choice of players for the teams.

On Tuesday May 4 at 1p.m. the U18s play QPR away and at the same time the U23s play Swansea at home. On Tuesday May 11 at 1p.m. the U18s play Ipswich at home (Norton) and the U23s play Wigan at home (Bramall Lane). Surely the Club could have scheduled these better?

I notice that the last 2 matches of both the U18s AND the U23s are scheduled for the same dates and times. For those of us that follow these teams and hope to find a live stream it’s really inconvenient and you’d have thought would have been inconvenient for the Club too who will be limited in their choice of players for the teams.

On Tuesday May 4 at 1p.m. the U18s play QPR away and at the same time the U23s play Swansea at home. On Tuesday May 11 at 1p.m. the U18s play Ipswich at home (Norton) and the U23s play Wigan at home (Bramall Lane). Surely the Club could have scheduled these better?
Take your point. (Although don't particularly agree). The end of the U18 Professional Development League season always ends in a wonderfully chaotic fixture pile up. 2016 was GLORIOUS. Both Sheffield Wednesday & Coventry City had to field two U18 teams on the same day. Love owt like this me....

20210501_113552.jpg

Indeed. I've just checked the U23 Professional Development League fixtures. (I strongly suspect the requirement is for the main season to be finished by 11 May).
Wigan Athletic (our U23 opponents on the last day), still have four games to play. Four games in eight days. Including two in two days. Lovely.
Screenshot_20210501-114500_Chrome.jpg

I take your point but they could have offset the starting times to say 11am or 3pm. I guess they’re more concerned about getting thru the games than about what the fans might want.

You’ll notice that I wrote fans and not punters. The word punter was used all the time by CW and I for one are glad to see the back of it. I never felt I was a ‘punter’ and I hope I never hear the word again in connection with my club. Rant over.

Given that Utd are renting one of the venues by the hour from the University, maybe they were limited in what time slots were available.
(While still taking your point)

Think problem is loads of U18 matches got cancelled in January so probably have no choice when they play to complete all their games.

Also. I'll be corrected. But, United haven't streamed an U18 home league game this season have they?

Also. I'll be corrected. But, United haven't streamed an U18 home league game this season have they?
Other than the FA youth Cup I can't think of any... Not even all the u23 games are streamed live are they?

Yes you’re right.

But maybe the club should stream all the games. At least then we’d be able to watch and think about a possible brighter future than the current first team. I’ve been watching the blades since 1965 and I can’t think of a time I’ve been less interested in the first team! I for one would like watch either (but better both) the U18s and U23s in their matches today. I hope someone feeds updates on to the forum this p.m.

u18s play away at QPR at 1pm and the U23s play Swansea at home at exactly the same time.

Wigan Athletic claimed the U18 Professional Development League North title for the second year in a row at the weekend. (SUFC currently third).

Back
Top Bottom