This is mental… but

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwitchBLADE Smiles

Reaction score
It’s not Heckingbottoms fault. I was very much in the ‘Slav In’ camp, but what’s happened has now happened. We need to back Hecks, the players & the club as much as possible… derision can be aimed at the owner at will.

Thinking critically about it, Hecks is probably the best man for the job (albeit a 5 year contract is very surprising). He knows the club, the players, the ‘system’ which we all know is coming back now & the kids that maybe able to make the step up more than anyone else in football. Short term, I can see performances & results improving, long term… I’m concerned.

I’m not throwing my toys out of the pram just yet, but my arm is very much prepared with my favourite teddy.

It's an absolutely appalling appointment. May as well just say we have no interest in anything other than stating in this league while we sell off anyone we can. Prince has no business using us as his toy. Not got a fucking clue what he's doing. Attendances will start dropping soon after todays nonsense.

It's an absolutely appalling appointment. May as well just say we have no interest in anything other than stating in this league while we sell off anyone we can. Prince has no business using us as his toy. Not got a fucking clue what he's doing. Attendances will start dropping soon after todays nonsense.
And the performances against Coventry, Millwall and just about every game except Peterborough have showcased, fast attacking and exciting football?

that system also got us relegated last season when teams worked it out.
That’s fair, but we were relegated from a far superior league with a squad of (at best) top end championship players.

If the board weren’t willing to back Slav, then I don’t blame him for walking. It makes sense to bring PH in permanently in that respect, but 5 years…. My word.

And the performances against Coventry, Millwall and just about every game except Peterborough have showcased, fast attacking and exciting football?
No. But this manager has 0 chance of getting us promoted ever. We've thrown the towel in after 18 games and accepted half a decade of survival. Just incredibly depressing and boring

It’s awful. He’s proven to be useless as a perm manager. I’m sure he’s a lovely man and you can understand his interviews, but his pedigree is non existent.

I'm more interested in ability than pedigree. Our most successful manager this century had no pedigree.

The whole situation is barking mad though. Give him caretaker, does a decent job, don't give him a two year contract, then give him a 5 year contract.

It's like the Prince is making this up as he's going along.

Not Heck's fault whatsoever. 100% behind my team whoever is managing it but he's shown he can pick up results with a failing squad in the top flight. We're not in the top flight now.

It really says it all about where this club are currently, and the plan for the next 3 years.

WTTWY

I suspect the plan for the next 3 years has little to do with the football and more to do with the football club, specifically selling it

Why such a long contract? Fucking mental descison. Id be surprised if he lasts until the end of the season

SACK THE BOARD!

Well at least he knows the style that WAS successful for around 4 years and I dont subscribe to those that say it was found out in the relegation season.
Its all about players who can fit into a system which was extremely successful for us for those years.

At least the players know him well and maybe they will trust him and of course he knows the U23 side so well so should be able to integrate the right young kids into the side where they are ready.

The last 2 matches have shown that we can be more tight in defence but we need to be much more positive going forward and you never know we could start moving up the table.

The 5 year contract is the mental part. Heckingbottom as a caretaker, I absolutely get it until we get someone in permanently.

Last time round he was quite clear in not wanting the job and going back to the 23's. From his perspective, he's set up financially now where he'll have had a pay rise and when he gets the sack, he's got a long term contract that'll need paying off, no brainer if your PH.

They must have known well before today it took just over 3 hrs to announce his successor took months last time. They didnt just throw that at Hecky this morning its been planned for weeks.

I’m gutted, we replace a proven championship manager and appoint an unproven one. Farke is available too and we do this

One of the few good things about the club in recent years has been the youth set up. Hope removing Heckinbottom from that set up doesn’t cost us.

No. But this manager has 0 chance of getting us promoted ever. We've thrown the towel in after 18 games and accepted half a decade of survival. Just incredibly depressing and boring

We weren't going anywhere under Slav, it just wasnt working, no disrespect to Coventry but they were nothing special, to say we defended well and were building on something doesn't add up, likewise Reading who by all accounts were or are awful, we scraped to a 1 nil win, be honest if we had drawn or lost at Reading and Flecks injury hadnt happened, more people would have been jumping on the Slav out bandwagon.

Hecky knows the club and players inside out, deserves a chance and time to be proved right or wrong.

We weren't going anywhere under Slav, it just wasnt working, no disrespect to Coventry but they were nothing special, to say we defended well and were building on something doesn't add up, likewise Reading who by all accounts were or are awful, we scraped to a 1 nil win, be honest if we had drawn or lost at Reading and Flecks injury hadnt happened, more people would have been jumping on the Slav out bandwagon.

Hecky knows the club and players inside out, deserves a chance and time to be proved right or wrong.
Ye agree about Slav but how anyone can say heckingbottom deserves it is beyond me. Fair enough till end of the season but a 4 year deal is ridiculous. Definition of no ambition

One of the few good things about the club in recent years has been the youth set up. Hope removing Heckinbottom from that set up doesn’t cost us.
Or (glass half full) we start utilising them in the first team a lot more.
He gave a few their chance last season.

Back
Top Bottom