The Sheff United Way - Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure on it being a podcast per se, but pleased for them nonetheless, as I enjoy the interviews.

Seen a few Blades getting their knives out already, on social media, about it. What’s wrong with some of our fans? Meant to stick together…

They get a ridiculous amount of stick given all they do is offer free content. If you don't like them then don't watch. I don't see why you need to publically post that you aren't a fan. It's not like they are clickbait or shit stirrers from what I have seen. They give an opinion but it never seems to be come with any bias.

Well done to all at Sheff U Way.

They get a ridiculous amount of stick given all they do is offer free content. If you don't like them then don't watch. I don't see why you need to publically post that you aren't a fan. It's not like they are clickbait or shit stirrers from what I have seen. They give an opinion but it never seems to be come with any bias.

Hear hear 👍

Seen a few Blades getting their knives out already, on social media, about it. What’s wrong with some of our fans? Meant to stick together…

Maybe it’s an English culture thing where people just love to complain and mock others.
They are jealous of the success of others because they have sad life’s and haven’t achieved anything.

I’ve subscribed on YouTube on both Sheffield United Way and Shoreham View
and both are really good making an attempt to use a more professional format and production level.

Spot on and the easy thing with social media is you're not forced to follow them.

As I say, I think it's some people's sense of insecurity and jealousy; sadly something of a local trait that many exhibit when they see others doing well.

worst offender is UndrTheCosh
That's mainly down to the loud one. The one who's not an ex-pro.

The amount of times he questions the guest in a tone of voice like he knows the story and remembers it well is ridiculous. It's usually followed by the guest correcting him saying he was playing for a totally different team or sumat.

If it was just Brown & Parkin, that would be great that show.

The amount of times he questions the guest in a tone of voice like he knows the story and remembers it well is ridiculous. It's usually followed by the guest correcting him saying he was playing for a totally different team or sumat.

He is one of the worst offenders. I think between the 3 of them there is 1 good presenter but Chris Brown offers little insight, Parkin does do this but in a way that talks over/distracts the guests and the other lad is good at keeping it moving but I get the impression he tries too hard to 'keep up' with the ex-pros. Too many cooks perhaps.

Wrestling is a niche subject (I say niche, but I bet they aren't skint off their podcast) but Conrad Thompson who hosts 83 Weeks with Eric Bischoff is a prime example of a top quality podcast. Eric is an interesting character and Conrad knows when to enter conversation, when to digress (plus how long for) and when to keep it moving.

Last edited:
great work and congrats to the lads.

I think these guys are seen as "fair game" to the keyboard warriors thanks to some of them getting almost "celebrity" status, particularly the Arsenal one plus a few others...

They get a ridiculous amount of stick given all they do is offer free content. If you don't like them then don't watch. I don't see why you need to publicly post that you aren't a fan. It's not like they are clickbait or shit stirrers from what I have seen. They give an opinion but it never seems to be come with any bias.

I really couldn't agree more.

Those lads, you Beans, Deadbat (and the Tufty Club/Blades in a pub), shorehamview and the 2 Yank Blades all give up their time to produce excellent FREE pods/videos.

A big thank you to all.

Out of interest - genuine question - was the Award given to the one with most external votes by fans, or was it a panel who watched them all and decided?

Started watching it recently and have subscribed and really enjoy it - congratulations!

Out of interest - genuine question - was the Award given to the one with most external votes by fans, or was it a panel who watched them all and decided?

Started watching it recently and have subscribed and really enjoy it - congratulations!
It was down to votes 50% from viewers/listeners and 50% from a panel of judges.

When Parkin’s put his teeth in properly and isn’t just a slavering dingle idiot he’s quite funny, his “no dough, no go” and insistence on talking about Christmas parties is annoying though

When Parkin’s put his teeth in properly and isn’t just a slavering dingle idiot he’s quite funny, his “no dough, no go” and insistence on talking about Christmas parties is annoying though

I think he's worn it thin with the self deprecating over his weight, teeth and 'I was a rubbish journeyman' shtick but with a bit of media training I think he could run that Pod on his own.

Not sure on it being a podcast per se, but pleased for them nonetheless, as I enjoy the interviews.

Surely not? Why on earth would anyone bother commenting on someone’s success if it’s not to praise them. So much jealously in this world.

Well done Sheffield United Way. Nick & Hal are now blades celebrities, up there with Sean Bean, Paul Heaton & Mick Foley

Tell you what would be nice is for them to get one or two of here on there pod cast lol UTB
We've already had lots of people from here on our YouTube channel and anyone is welcome, as I always say just DM me.

We plan to get even more fans on the channel for a range of opinions. The most important thing is a forum with no agenda that allows Blades to have their say. We already have Fans React, Fan Cams and Fans Forums. Please know you don't need to be a viewer, you don't need to like us. The channel is open to everybody (you just need to be a Sheffield United supporter). Whether you go home and away or haven't been in years, we value your opinion. Get in touch to be involved.

The audio podcast is for interviews with players current and former as well as staff.

Just the way I expect you would want it Hal, recognition from your peers and recognition from Blades/listeners?

Well done to you both, richly deserved. Nowt but good quality content, driven by a love for the Blades.

Also, on a side note - that original pic, HOW BIG ARE NICK'S HANDS?!

Thanks for the reply. That's even more congratulations then! Sometimes these things are swayed only by how many people log in and vote, so the fact it was judged as well by a panel makes it even more worthy!

I've gone right off it tbh. Started out as a great listen and an insight into the world of Champ/League one level footballers that you rarely hear. Some interesting stuff on mental health as well.

They don't seem very selective with the guests though and it just became an endless trudge through Xmas Party/Magaluf/Las Vegas stories with football taking a back seat.

I've gone right off it tbh. Started out as a great listen and an insight into the world of Champ/League one level footballers that you rarely hear. Some interesting stuff on mental health as well.

They don't seem very selective with the guests though and it just became an endless trudge through Xmas Party/Magaluf/Las Vegas stories with football taking a back seat.
They’ve had a few decent guests recently, Downing was good. Wheater was as well.

The middling journeymen who just pissed a career away are the boring ones now. Shitting in someone’s boot before a match is only funny the first time you hear about it.

Just the way I expect you would want it Hal, recognition from your peers and recognition from Blades/listeners?

Well done to you both, richly deserved. Nowt but good quality content, driven by a love for the Blades.

Also, on a side note - that original pic, HOW BIG ARE NICK'S HANDS?!

"Fucking hell Kermode, your hands are massive"

It's quarter to five now and I'm still waiting for the Stoke match preview!Oh well,whilst I've got time on my hands I suppose I'd better add my congratulations.Well done Nick and Hal.Came across you when you had a natter with the Prince and enjoyed the various podcasts since,particularly those with Jim Phipps and Pesky.

Massive congrats to (now 'the award winning') Nick and Hal.

It's not just the match stuff either. They do a fucktonne of other accessible and easily watchable output for SUW as well.

Richly deserved and pleased to have been a small atom in the greater working universe of their content.

Up the Blades

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom