The Sheff United Way

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

S64 Blade

Reaction score
Not sure on it being a podcast per se, but pleased for them nonetheless, as I enjoy the interviews.

Seen a few Blades getting their knives out already, on social media, about it. What’s wrong with some of our fans? Meant to stick together…

From the pig end

Reaction score
Not sure on it being a podcast per se, but pleased for them nonetheless, as I enjoy the interviews.

Seen a few Blades getting their knives out already, on social media, about it. What’s wrong with some of our fans? Meant to stick together…
Eh? About what?
Whats not to like?

S64 Blade

Reaction score
Eh? About what?
Whats not to like?
Personal digs at Hal and Nick. Seen it for the last few weeks, on match days especially .

Some of our fans with nonsense insecurities about how big of a Blade they are, I suspect. Seems to be a narrative that because they both didn’t rollerblade it to watch us play in Piacenza in the Anglo-Italian cup, they’re opinions aren’t valid (may be embellishing this, but you get my point).

Deadly_D'Jaffo

Reaction score
Deserve a congratulations 👍👍

YorkBlade

⚔️

Congratulations Hal & Nick.

In the last 6-12 months I've gotten into Podcasts and listen to a variety of shows namely Talking Sopranos, Joe Rogan, 83 Weeks and our very own SheffUtd Way.

I've shed a few shows where the host(s) don't strike the balance of letting the guest speak vs. adding personal insight which can grate a bit (worst offender is UndrTheCosh). Hal & Nick are up there with the best when it comes to asking the right questions and having an authentic Blades voice during conversation.

Well earnt lads 👏🏽

Snowflake

Reaction score
Well done !
If I knew what a podcast looked like I would be even more impressed !!!
Don’t worry about criticism from those who are probably jealous and from whom you would not wish to take advice.
Keep up the good work and let’s hope the team follow you to the top !!

Roygbiv

Reaction score

They get a ridiculous amount of stick given all they do is offer free content. If you don't like them then don't watch. I don't see why you need to publically post that you aren't a fan. It's not like they are clickbait or shit stirrers from what I have seen. They give an opinion but it never seems to be come with any bias.

Well done to all at Sheff U Way.

Paisley Blade

Reaction score
They get a ridiculous amount of stick given all they do is offer free content. If you don't like them then don't watch. I don't see why you need to publically post that you aren't a fan. It's not like they are clickbait or shit stirrers from what I have seen. They give an opinion but it never seems to be come with any bias.

Hear hear 👍

Sheffsteel

Reaction score

Maybe it’s an English culture thing where people just love to complain and mock others.
They are jealous of the success of others because they have sad life’s and haven’t achieved anything.

I’ve subscribed on YouTube on both Sheffield United Way and Shoreham View
and both are really good making an attempt to use a more professional format and production level.

S64 Blade

Reaction score

Spot on and the easy thing with social media is you're not forced to follow them.

As I say, I think it's some people's sense of insecurity and jealousy; sadly something of a local trait that many exhibit when they see others doing well.

mattbianco1

Forum Influencer
Reaction score
worst offender is UndrTheCosh
That's mainly down to the loud one. The one who's not an ex-pro.

The amount of times he questions the guest in a tone of voice like he knows the story and remembers it well is ridiculous. It's usually followed by the guest correcting him saying he was playing for a totally different team or sumat.

If it was just Brown & Parkin, that would be great that show.

Deadly_D'Jaffo

Reaction score
That's mainly down to the loud one. The one who's not an ex-pro.

The amount of times he questions the guest in a tone of voice like he knows the story and remembers it well is ridiculous. It's usually followed by the guest correcting him saying he was playing for a totally different team or sumat.

If it was just Brown & Parkin, that would be great that show.

He is one of the worst offenders. I think between the 3 of them there is 1 good presenter but Chris Brown offers little insight, Parkin does do this but in a way that talks over/distracts the guests and the other lad is good at keeping it moving but I get the impression he tries too hard to 'keep up' with the ex-pros. Too many cooks perhaps.

Wrestling is a niche subject (I say niche, but I bet they aren't skint off their podcast) but Conrad Thompson who hosts 83 Weeks with Eric Bischoff is a prime example of a top quality podcast. Eric is an interesting character and Conrad knows when to enter conversation, when to digress (plus how long for) and when to keep it moving.

Last edited:

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
great work and congrats to the lads.

I think these guys are seen as "fair game" to the keyboard warriors thanks to some of them getting almost "celebrity" status, particularly the Arsenal one plus a few others...

I should coco

A little harsh on a well meaning body of men
Reaction score
They get a ridiculous amount of stick given all they do is offer free content. If you don't like them then don't watch. I don't see why you need to publicly post that you aren't a fan. It's not like they are clickbait or shit stirrers from what I have seen. They give an opinion but it never seems to be come with any bias.

I really couldn't agree more.

Those lads, you Beans, Deadbat (and the Tufty Club/Blades in a pub), shorehamview and the 2 Yank Blades all give up their time to produce excellent FREE pods/videos.

A big thank you to all.

HVR

Reaction score
Out of interest - genuine question - was the Award given to the one with most external votes by fans, or was it a panel who watched them all and decided?

Started watching it recently and have subscribed and really enjoy it - congratulations!

YorkBlade

Hal
Reaction score
Out of interest - genuine question - was the Award given to the one with most external votes by fans, or was it a panel who watched them all and decided?

Started watching it recently and have subscribed and really enjoy it - congratulations!
It was down to votes 50% from viewers/listeners and 50% from a panel of judges.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom