The Jags discussion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mancunianblade

Reaction score
It would appear he was the highest-paid player last year by some margin and apparently has halved his wages to stay on this but still has him quite high up the list, is his experience around the place really going to be that valuable to us in hindsight or would we have been better served using his wages elsewhere.

Do you know he wasnt?
No. Do you know he was? If the answer is also No, then the Rumour Mill is the place to be.

What I have gleaned from all non-bullshit public sources though is that we don’t pay high wages, and have a generally sensible approach to what we do pay. It seems a large reason as to why we are often out-offered by other sides in this division. The likelihood that he was the highest paid player last season in my opinion is low. That he was paid £50k/week as some fan-fiction sites have him listed as is, in my view, even less likely.

Money could have been better spent whatever his wage was/is as he rarely gets a game.

We'd have to be in the shit for him to play.

When he did last season he hardly covered himself with glory or aged like a Zlatan fine wine. I hope he's having a positive influence though considering he's played near enough as many Premier League games as the rest put together and has something to offer in that sense.

Question: Why would Sheffield United pay someone double the wage of our 2nd highest earner, when we knowingly signed them to be an experienced substitute?
Answer: We absolutely wouldn't AND DIDN'T. Unless we are secretly funded by careless billionaires.

Where does this stuff even come from? He might well have been on £50k as a 35yr old at Everton. He'll be on a relative pittance for us, plus maybe sorting coaching badges for him.

It would appear he was the highest-paid player last year by some margin and apparently has halved his wages to stay on this but still has him quite high up the list, is his experience around the place really going to be that valuable to us in hindsight or would we have been better served using his wages elsewhere.
Where did you get this information from ?

Where does this stuff even come from?
Basically this.

Do people seriously believe this sort of utter fiction? No wonder Enda is off form if Jagielka is earning more than ten times his salary, and basically the same as Kean Bryan.

Or alternatively, it’s all bullshit.

It’s a real brain teaser this one...

E3A93B08-4FA7-40F6-91A6-CDF45B555CD4.jpeg

Basically this.

Do people seriously believe this sort of utter fiction? No wonder Enda is off form if Jagielka is earning more than ten times his salary, and basically the same as Kean Bryan.

View attachment 95679
That's insanely bad 😂😂😂Those figures are clearly nonsense. Does make me wonder why I listen to footballing opinions of some fans.

SpotTheCracks is actually quoted by some tabloids in their estimates on our wage bill incidentally.

A complete guess on the totals, but I’d suggest the likes of Lunny and Osborn would be the lowest paid to regularly feature in the squad, say £12k-14k per week. Most regulars then would be £14k-18k a week, up to £20k a week for some of last year’s record signings, and perhaps just shy of £28k-30k a week for our top earners.

I really should take that 2 minute thought exercise and turn it into a full webpage for the clickbaiters to quote from. It’s probably not accurate, but it’s probably a lot more accurate than what’s being quoted.

SpotTheCracks is actually quoted by some tabloids in their estimates on our wage bill incidentally.

A complete guess on the totals, but I’d suggest the likes of Lunny and Osborn would be the lowest paid to regularly feature in the squad, say £12k-14k per week. Most regulars then would be £14k-18k a week, up to £20k a week for some of last year’s record signings, and perhaps just shy of £28k-30k a week for our top earners.

I really should take that 2 minute thought exercise and turn it into a full webpage for the clickbaiters to quote from. It’s probably not accurate, but it’s probably a lot more accurate than what’s being quoted.
Certainly more accurate. Personally reckon £25k p/w might be our ceiling, but only based on my own logic.
Was thinking McBurnie is known factually to have £20k basic.
Berge, Fleck, O'Connell, Egan at £25k maybe

Jags on about £2k p/w...

Well I for one consider it to be true, I mean Verrips should definitely be one of our highest paid players, he is worth more than Fleck, Egan, Baldock put together. People say we are being well run, they do not know what they are talking about.

Basically this.

View attachment 95679
What absolute twaddle!

Not only this but Jagielka's value has fallen dramatically since he signed for us, according to Transfermarkt! (In fairness that's an accurate guess).

Look at him, spending his definitely-50k-a-week wages on a pair of flash new boots. Poor old £4k a week George (now we know why he’s so angry all the time) can only watch in awe.

Bet George is saying "bags getting your old ones!"😉

Bizarre resigning In Jagielka, bet he don't even get a game all season at 37. Would've preferred a younger CB from the lower leagues.

I can't believe anybody thinks we're paying Jagielka that sort of money. A club in our position... that pays our £20m record signing (at the time) a basic of £20k a week.

Look at him, spending his definitely-50k-a-week wages on a pair of flash new boots. Poor old £4k a week George (now we know why he’s so angry all the time) can only watch in awe.

I'd be laughing at that snood tbqf.

Dont beleave we would pay a bigger wage to Jags! He hardly had a game and he new he was coming in as back up ,would have been daft to break the wage structure for a player .
Jags is way past his best as his performances showed.Wilder would have been a fool to bring him in on such terms.

Free agent after having Derby contract blocked by EFL. Bonus he can’t play against us tomorrow.

Gerrimin- good cover for Egan

Is that correct?

Derby fans, on their forum, were saying tomorrow is his last game, and wouldn't it be great if he stopped us scoring and scored against us, or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom