That "Pen"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Having seen it again it looks not only outside but Stevens got the ball

He did and after Enda’s made his challenge, fair or unfair, Solanke’s still outside the box

I’m also curious about the rule that says a player who’s been treated has to go off, is that applied selectively? Fair play to Solanke though, he recovered from his near death experience very quickly.

I’m also curious about the rule that says a player who’s been treated has to go off, is that applied selectively? Fair play to Solanke though, he recovered from his near death experience very quickly.
Just had to check this from the FA rules:
Exceptions to the requirement to leave the field of play are only when:
a goalkeeper is injured
a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need attention
players from the same team have collided and need attention
a severe injury has occurred
a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly
a penalty kick has been awarded and the injured player will be the kicker

The ref is in a terrible position to see the tackle 3 players between him and the ball. How can he justify not going and consulting with his linesman who was closer and had a clear view of the incident .................... just how can he justify that? More to that why can't today's linesmen man up they always go along with the ref's decision in the past they would keep waving the flag until the ref went over and had a word. Now if the lino did put the flag across his chest the he needs to walk about with a fucking guide dog, probably both ref and lino equally at fault which in itself beggars belief.
VAR you say that penalty would never have been given even for Man Utd. Those officials need demoting. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hope he makes a full recovery from the horror injury sustained 🙏🏻

My days, that's more embarrassing than when David Haye cried about a broken little toe. I once had my cock cut open by a flying boot against nettleham in 1991. I carried on without moaning, blood pissing down my legs...and that jesse tweets about a scratch on sowanky's leg 🤣🤣

Tackle starts outside the box and then carries on into the box where there is further contact. It’s a pen.

I agree with your view, but do not know the interpretation of the the foul rule. The second part of the contact looked to be in the goal area. Whilst the referee was completely unsighted I do not know why he didn't ask for help from the linesman?

Maybe he only had sight of the second part of the challenge, which was inside the area?

It has gone now, still poor play from Edna. Ridiculous tackle, sliding in, asking for trouble.

HH

If that decision happens with VAR, then 100% the penalty gets over ridden, but I also think VAR then checks for a red card and potentially advises Enda be sent off.

Shocking decisions from both Enda and the Ref, no idea what either were thinking.

Back
Top Bottom