Ball Sup Blog... SUFC U23 Academy v Peterborough United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
I'm putting this up early. In case it helps any forum readers who live in the neck of this wood. The U23s are away at Peterborough United on Tuesday 8 November at 1pm. Scheduled at the main stadium. Obvs, the Carrier Bag Firm are awaiting confirmation that it isn't behind closed doors, but hopefully the CBF will be there Mob Handed.

And ... Peterborough confirm fans will be let in.

I can't make afternoon reserve games unfortunately as the criteria is to be,

1: Unemployed or retired
2: Single
3: Unable to drive, encyclopedic knowledge of rail and bus times
4: An avid collector of team sheets
5: Likes posting on S2 to show how I'm a bigger Blade than most by going to these games.

Think that's it covered 😏

5: Likes posting on S2 to show how I'm a bigger Blade than most by going to these games.

All a bit unnecessary wasn’t it. some people are interested in the U23 fixtures and find their match details useful. You obviously don’t, but so what?

Incidentally I think you’ve missed out a couple of personality criteria that you clearly do meet,

All a bit unnecessary wasn’t it. some people are interested in the U23 fixtures and find their fixture details useful. You obviously don’t, but so what?

Incidentally I think you’ve missed out a couple of personality criteria that you clearly do meet,
Someone’s clearly pissed on his cornflakes recently. I personally can’t be arsed with youth games, I just follow these threads to see what Phil’s been drinking

So. There was a smiley face thingy. I'll take it in spirit. I quite like the stereotypes. Write about them myself. As a fucking parody....

Not going to descend a level. Except ... I do not collect fucking teamsheets. Mugs game...

As I've said before, all welcome, but you wouldn't last five fucking minutes son 🤓

Any chance that this will be screened somewhere?

I've always had a soft spot for Peterborough as it was Jimmy Hagan's first managerial job after he retired as a player.
Streaming needs John Cutsbushes permission I'm afraid. But, he's too busy working, shagging & driving 🤓

(ps doubt it will be streamed)

You missed the carrier bag 🛍️

So. There was a smiley face thingy. I'll take it in spirit. I quite like the stereotypes. Write about them myself. As a fucking parody....

Not going to descend a level. Except ... I do not collect fucking teamsheets. Mugs game...

As I've said before, all welcome, but you wouldn't last five fucking minutes son 🤓
F***ing teamsheets. o_O. How dare you:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Scouting notes on trialist Miguel Freckleton
Injury updates on Ayari & Slater
News on Sydie Peck's feet
They've gone three at the back, don't tell Slavisa
Gravity Pub Klaxon

Ssssssshhhhhh. Apologies for the late Blog. I'm hoping to sneak it out nice and quietly while you know who is still at work. Particularly as I've mentioned him & his attitude in it. Ssssssshhhhhh.

Sorry, as this has no doubt been asked and answered before but is Joe related to Phil Starbuck? It's a relatively unusual surname that's all.
Thanks

Great report, thanks Phil. Interesting that we went 3-5-2. Wonder if Slav may opt to do the same?
I've had spats with people on here before about all this guff that the first team, the 23s & the 18s all play the same system. Sure, there's a basic consistency. But, development teams do just that, develop players. So no - I wouldn't read anything into the fact the U23s decided to go 3-5 in the moment. Lester is on record saying he likes putting Academy players under pressure and doing things that players don't expect, to see how they cope.

It's not his phrase, but Academy Coaches will sometimes do things to try and lose games, to make it more difficult for their own players, to see how they cope.

Anyway. Ayari got a whack. Heckingbottom had already brought one midfield sub on. There was only 15 mins left. He decided to bring a CB back on and reshuffle. I think that's it really.

The selfish thing for me was to try & think it through in my head why & how that made our trialist look a bit better. (At first team matches, I feel I'm too invested to really make sense of the tactical side of games).

Back
Top Bottom