Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U23 v Crewe Alexandra

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
Heads up for those of you who can juggle this in. The U23s are scheduled to play Crewe Alexandra tomorrow (Tuesday 7 Dec) at 7pm at Chesterfield FC. The usual drill is Season Ticket Holders free, others a few quid (?£3).
Utd lie second in Professional Development League North.
20 points from 10 games. No chance of going top though, as Coventry City are on 25 points. Crewe are second bottom with 9 points from 11 games.

Heads up for those of you who can juggle this in. The U23s are scheduled to play Crewe Alexandra tomorrow (Tuesday 7 Dec) at 7pm at Chesterfield FC. The usual drill is Season Ticket Holders free, others a few quid (?£3).
20 points from 10 games. No chance of going top though, as Coventry City are on 25 points. Crewe are second bottom with 9 points from 11 games.
What’s the weather forecast Phil? Is storm Barra likely to impact

The stream cut off a few times, so I missed some of it, but a good performance where we could have scored a few more. Crewe were not bad at keeping some possession, but rarely threatened.

Some random thoughts:

Great to see Belehouan and Osula back, both did well. Belehouan looks like a big spider all over his poor victim the way he closes down. Ky Gordon faultless as usual; strong holding performance from Neal, he wins a lot of challenges and is always there to help out the centre halves. Reminds me of Vinny Jones, his shirt tucked in and all. Thought the trialist at left wing back looked quick and capable. Not Ndiaye's best match, trying to do impossible things, but he may benefit from a couple of games at this level where he's seeing a lot of the ball and is allowed to try things. Sydie Peck looked clever and direct when he came on. Only seen minutes from him, but I think he's got a big future. He messed up a shot and could have been given the ball more, but he looks like he wants to create things all the time. Some better stuff from Ayari, but he blows hot and cold. Brooks looked more comfortable in 3-5-2. Starbuck and Cullinan were steady. Osula is big and athletic and not bad on the ball, always wants to have a shot and he finished well for his goal.

The stream cut off a few times, so I missed some of it, but a good performance where we could have scored a few more. Crewe were not bad at keeping some possession, but rarely threatened.

Some random thoughts:

Great to see Belehouan and Osula back, both did well. Belehouan looks like a big spider all over his poor victim the way he closes down. Ky Gordon faultless as usual; strong holding performance from Neal, he wins a lot of challenges and is always there to help out the centre halves. Reminds me of Vinny Jones, his shirt tucked in and all. Thought the trialist at left wing back looked quick and capable. Not Ndiaye's best match, trying to do impossible things, but he may benefit from a couple of games at this level where he's seeing a lot of the ball and is allowed to try things. Sydie Peck looked clever and direct when he came on. Only seen minutes from him, but I think he's got a big future. He messed up a shot and could have been given the ball more, but he looks like he wants to create things all the time. Some better stuff from Ayari, but he blows hot and cold. Brooks looked more comfortable in 3-5-2. Starbuck and Cullinan were steady. Osula is big and athletic and not bad on the ball, always wants to have a shot and he finished well for his goal.
Really impressed by Neal, seemed to show great composure and reading of the game. Enjoyed the match.

What's happened

Any idea what's happened to Lankshire Phil ! he was scoring for fun?

Some random thoughts:

Thought Gordon, Osula and Brooks looked ready for men’s football tonight all three were physically dominant and composed on the ball. Really liked the look of the trialist seems there’s a lot of interest in him and you can see why.

Must be carrying an injury having said that isn’t he still only 16

Back
Top Bottom