Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U23 v Cardiff City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
The U23s are away at Cardiff City this afternoon, Tuesday 21 September at 1pm
Here is a list of reasons why the Carrier Bag Firm will not be repping.

It's been switched from the original venue, which would have been a ground tick, to the main stadium

The CBF Ticket Gangmaster has spent all morning in the ticket office fiasco & it's too late to get to Cardiff now.

We've got Southampton at home anyway.

Thanks, at home today following a rough night with fever and a positive LFT. It is on now and ready with the countdown.

No the YouTube stream is someone's betting app graphics not the match.

Gaxha seems to have been around for a very long time.

No Brunt tonight then. He’s gone from starting the last first team cup match to on the bench for 23’s. Strange.

No Brunt tonight then. He’s gone from starting the last first team cup match to on the bench for 23’s. Strange.

We’ve signed some new midfielders since then - even though Hourihane is cup tied tonight, he’s ostensibly taken minutes that might have gone to eg Luke Freeman in the last couple of games. Might also see Norwood start tonight after he didn’t play Saturday. Suddenly we actually have some options in midfield, quite nice really

Entertaining.

Points of note-

Passing not crisp enough around the back.
Lots of long balls forward. Couple of good
Chances missed unfortunately.

Best player on the park the Cardiff goal scorer. Strong, powerful and a great early strike for their goal. Looks very dangerous and our back line have really struggled to deal with him.
Their centre halves also look more commanding than ours.

Interesting to see how we pick this up.

Honestly. I've been recently lectured about my lack of knowledge of the apparently deep rooted strategy of no Academy team in the history of the world ever playing a player who hasn't signed an extended contract. Have you never heard of George Hirst? Yet people won't even bother to click a link to see Brunt is on the bench. I genuinely don't know how much more I can give.....

Entertaining.

Points of note-

Passing not crisp enough around the back.
Lots of long balls forward. Couple of good
Chances missed unfortunately.

Best player on the park the Cardiff goal scorer. Strong, powerful and a great early strike for their goal. Looks very dangerous and our back line have really struggled to deal with him.
Their centre halves also look more commanding than ours.

Interesting to see how we pick this up.
Don't forget this is Development Football. Coaches will occasionally change shape & personnel at HT to make it more difficult for THEIR OWN TEAM. Rather than change things to make it more difficult for THE OTHER TEAM. One aspect of player development is to put them out of their comfort zone, see how they react, and help them with advice & guidance.

Didn't Ajax play one junior team the wrong way round with attackers in defence and visa versa so they had a bit of experience in doing what their markers had to do.

Honestly. I've been recently lectured about my lack of knowledge of the apparently deep rooted strategy of no Academy team in the history of the world ever playing a player who hasn't signed an extended contract. Have you never heard of George Hirst? Yet people won't even bother to click a link to see Brunt is on the bench. I genuinely don't know how much more I can give.....
Don't bother then

Back
Top Bottom