Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U23 v Barnsley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
Heads Up
The Under 23s next game is at home, Bramall Lane, tomorrow, Tuesday 11 January at 1pm in the afternoon. Obviously, we're living through disrupted times, but the usual routine for U23 afternoon games is season tickets free, £3/£1 everyone else, entry via and seats in the South Stand Platinum Suite. I'll post on here if the club confirm anything.
There are a few Professional Development League games this afts that could impact on league positions. But, as I write, United are second in the table (effectively Academy Division THREE North remember). Barnsley are fourth, but way behind. Coventry, Hull and us are looking like a breakaway group.

If you want the latest on our Academy, I recommend.

www.twitter.com/sufcdevelopment

Screenshot_20220110-121405_Chrome.jpg

I try and go as often as i can but i've not been able to get to any u23 games since before the pandemic so i'm going to try and get to this one, its been a while.

So, Crewe Alex beat Hull City 4-1 & Sheffield Wednesday beat runaway leaders Coventry City 4-2. Both results doing us a favour. A win tomorrow will put us ever closer to Cov at the top.

Screenshot_20220110-213008_Chrome.jpg

Seems bullen leaving has had a positive effect on our neighbours

YouTube ready. Interesting names in that line up. Confidence booster for Brewster to hopefully bag a few! Guedioura getting a run out also as well as Eastwood. COYRAWW U23's.

Strong line up hopefully the senior players that are playing as part of their recovery approach it with the right attitude and give their all for the youngsters alongside them

Brewster trying too hard to create the perfect angle there 8 yards out to then shoot and have it blocked would’ve been better taking it first time

1-0 Barnsley against the run of play.

1-1 Brewster from a corner although he’s looked sharp thus far probably should’ve scored earlier

2-1 united Ayari from the spot after some discussion with Brewster over who was taking it

Putting Eastwood in the shop window or minutes for his upcoming appearance at derby ?😅

Barnsley pulled it back to 2-2 with an 86th minute pen, Blades went straight back up the other end and made it 3-2 through a lovely solo goal from Leo Gaxha....just going into 5 mins added on

Do the CBF bring their own filing wallets to file meaningless bits of paper into binders as soon as they receive them? Incredible work if so, plus stops them getting beer soaked at the pub after
I mean, let me disclaim, as I have done many times before - I do not, myself, collect any bits of paper as memorabilia, I collect memories, ticks on spreadsheets & black eyes. Any pictures of teamsheets you see on my posts will invariably be photos by me of teamsheets & other shit bits of paper already snaffled by the Carrier Bag Firm. Their usual greeting is - Alright Phil, need a picture. That said...

I'm amazed you ask that question. Yes. Yes. Yes. Of course the CBF bring a variety of plastic wallets to every game. It's Rule One in the playbook. I've seen colour coded wallets. Wallets for programmes. Wallets for teamsheets. Wallets for tickets. Sadly, there was no appropriate wallet for the seat they unscrewed in Portugal (v Maritimo). But, here it is on the luggage carousel anyway.

IMG_20180722_222855.jpg

Brooks, Ayari and gomis looked quality today. Still potentially worry that Ayari isn’t physically developed enough but feel like brooks and osula are more than ready for a loan. No question that they can compete physically

Liked Brewsters attitude in those highlights wanting the ball, celebrating when he scored even though no fans and only U23 game, also if like someone said he had a bit of discussion about the pen nice to see him congratulate the lad when he scored.

Bit of a long (Beerless) Blog on this one. But, there's a lot to cover. A new CEO, a new Head Of Department & A Consultant appointed 11 minutes before kick off. Who's in the Shop Window? Who needs Game Time? It's time for you to vote off the Weakest Link. Ayari pulls rank on Brewster an' tells him to fuck off back to the first team (or did he?). And. Glorious Gaxha. Fill your boots...

And you may also like to catch up with recent SUFC, Academy & Hallam Blogs here.

Back
Top Bottom