Solid backs to striped kits..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
UEFA have now changed their ruling on this so if you have stripes or hoops on the front, they have to continue on the back, however, it seems a block for the number will be required.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/09/uefa-bans-striped-shirts-with-solid-backs.html?m=1

uefa-bans-striped-shirts-with-solid-backs-2.jpg
This probably explains why some of the big clubs who often have solid backs, have got full on stripes this year. Milan and Inter for two and then Juve have gone for the block approach...

8688b488f590.jpg nike-inter-18-19-home-kit-3.jpg puma-ac-milan-18-19-kit-font (11).jpg

An exception to this I noticed however, is that Olympiakos who have the same template as us, does indeed have a solid back which I don't understand...

olympiacos-18-19-home-kit-4.jpg olympiacos-18-19-home-kit-3.jpg
Anyway, this hopefully puts an end to Adidas doing this kind of thing.

UEFA have now changed their ruling on this so if you have stripes or hoops on the front, they have to continue on the back, however, it seems a block for the number will be required.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/09/uefa-bans-striped-shirts-with-solid-backs.html?m=1

This probably explains why some of the big clubs who often have solid backs, have got full on stripes this year. Milan and Inter for two and then Juve have gone for the black approach...

View attachment 43868 View attachment 43869 View attachment 43870

An exception to this I noticed however, is that Olympiakos who have the same template as us, does indeed have a solid back which I don't understand...

View attachment 43872 View attachment 43871
Anyway, this hopefully puts an end to Adidas doing this kind of thing.

I'd be all about it if our kits started to look more like this from the back

506.jpg

_20180903_200940.JPG

Not sure I agree that if the front of the shirt is striped then the back MUST be striped too. I hate our home shirt but I do actually quite like that template and wouldn't be against seeing it used as an away shirt, perhaps with thicker stripes. I've mentioned before but I'd be quite happy to see us copy Fenerbahce. Yellow & navy blue stripes on the front, plain yellow on the back. Great shirt.

I much prefer the clean stlye of red only stripes without the fussy black pin-stripe - kicking towards me in BLUT we look brilliant. If we had red stripes on the back, the current strip + fantastic football + promotion would make this season an all time classic. But I HATE the white back.

Never mind winters nearly here, at least we can wear an open cardigan to hide the plain white back(and door deals). Unfortunately the players can’t

Cannot believe a few saying they like it more now, its growing on them etc. Its not a Sheffield United shirt. End of for me, cannot stand it! Don't even like it from the front (white sleeves), let alone the back!

Great that the ruling has come in though. Hopefully next season we'll get our stripes back.

Cannot believe a few saying they like it more now, its growing on them etc. Its not a Sheffield United shirt. End of for me, cannot stand it! Don't even like it from the front (white sleeves), let alone the back!

Great that the ruling has come in though. Hopefully next season we'll get our stripes back.

This ruling won't affect us next season unless we win the FA Cup though.

I imagine we'll get them back anyway. Adidas don't stick with concepts long.

i wonder if it makes them easier to see (having a white back).. there's a reason zebra's have stripes ;)

Back
Top Bottom