CONFIRMED Slaviša Jokanović

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Do you really beleave the board are passing on information to the Athletic and totally ignoring local sources?.
Rather short sighted of the board really as most fans are local and ignoring local journos would be a bit silly.
Not sure where this belief that The Athletic isn't local journalism comes from ? It's just a different form of distribution...and one that people pay for so tends to attract a better journalist than all the free rubbish.

The Athletic's journalist who covers us goes to all the games and seems to write solely about us. For me hes a local journalist but with a much wider distribution network as The Athletic is read worldwide. The articles are far more in depth than anything in The Star including one today on United World and the French club we recently bought.

Not sure where this belief that The Athletic isn't local journalism comes from ? It's just a different form of distribution...and one that people pay for so tends to attract a better journalist than all the free rubbish.

The Athletic's journalist who covers us goes to all the games and seems to write solely about us. For me hes a local journalist but with a much wider distribution network as The Athletic is read worldwide. The articles are far more in depth than anything in The Star including one today on United World and the French club we recently bought.

True that. Nancy Frostick is a piggy writer for both Athletic and Star

My counterpoint to this is the wages will automatically reduce due to relegation clauses so should be half that at least. That being said I won’t complain if we sell

Interesting point.

However I didn't read PA's interview as this end of the spectrum on transfers

Wilder was one extreme, seemingly wanted full control of recruitment. Whereas from brief reading, I'm led to believe it was the other end of the spectrum at Fulham where recruitment was through DOF / board and manager had little involvement

I got the feeling PA wanted compromise / input / collaboration / flexibility on recruitment, which I'd suggest was pretty common place and a much better model than either of the extremes?

Don't see this as a stumbling block as I'd wager no other manager in the top couple of leagues would have had the control Wilder had / wanted.

One other point is that he's "expensive"... Again not sure that's an issue, if we take tabloids as gospel we're to believe Wilder was on 80k / week and SJ wants 40k? In one fell swoop you've potentially taken couple of million quid off the wage bill?
Last I read,Wilder was earning 675,000 pa,3 times less than what Jokanovic is on now.

Whoever is selected whether it be Jokanovic, or Blessin, or Uncle Tom Cobly, I hope he is appointed before the end of the season, ideally later this week or next. However, whoever it is they start their employment by working in the background studying the present players, U23's, getting to know the club without the need to see out the remaining games as manager. Keep Hecky on for those duties. Can you imagine the meltdown if he takes charge of say the remaining 2,3 or 4 games not picking up one single point. The guy would get crucified and he himself would start to question his own ability. Get this season out of the way and start afresh the day after the season ends with a new leader not connected in anyway to this horrendous season.
If it is Blessin , and he signs some of his Leipzig youngsters, coupled to our 5 3 2 style, it would be exciting if nothing else. We might might have more than 1 in the box and score more than once in a game..
Scoring at all would be an improvement.

That and the manager saying “get me any of these 5 midfielders” for example not “get me that one midfielder at any cost”
.......... and instead we then went, and overpaid mightily, for a forward we didn’t even need.

it was reported that the board had told wilder that 40m had to be raised from transfers before any new players came in and i can believe that most clubs that get relegated sell 3 or 4 of their best assets think berge and egan are certs to be sold and possibly a couple more as well as half a dozen being released
“it was reported” but was it true?
As you say, “most clubs that get relegated sell 3 or 4 of their best assets” so nothing new there and no reason for any manager to get their knickers in a twist over such an idea.
If it was true seems a pretty normal, if not expected, way to proceed.
Why is so much being made of it, I wonder?

.......... and instead we then went, and overpaid mightily, for a forward we didn’t even need.
Because the manager at the time was speaking about him by name to the media before we had even signed him when we could’ve got a loan to buy deal

Because the manager at the time was speaking about him by name to the media before we had even signed him when we could’ve got a loan to buy deal
I am not convinced that is a sufficient reason to buy someone we didn’t need when we were crying out for someone in midfield.
I blame the manager.

“it was reported” but was it true?
As you say, “most clubs that get relegated sell 3 or 4 of their best assets” so nothing new there and no reason for any manager to get their knickers in a twist over such an idea.
If it was true seems a pretty normal, if not expected, way to proceed.
Why is so much being made of it, I wonder?
maybe the board just making it clear to supporters that sales are inevitable which they are when you get relegated from the premier league theres been posters on here saying we should be keeping the likes of berge and egan but it aint going to happen im afraid

How anybody can justify the sort of remuneration coaches and players command, and demand, is beyond me. These people are existing in a parallel universe.
Agreed, and that's whats wrong with today's game. Look at the debacle ESP, and the likes of Paul fecking Pogba demanding £500k a fecking week! Its gone to hell in a handcart......but I still love it

Back
Top Bottom