Slav will now know ........................................................................................................

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pedro Verde

Reaction score
This could be Slavs Wilder moment and the pasting West Brom have given us will no doubt focus his mind and if he didnt know before he will certainly know it now we need a complete overhaul in midfield some creativity and until he gets the players he wants / needs we really need to play with a back three. At least he knows now some of these arent good enough

Verrips has had a very hard introduction to Championship football against probably the worst side he could have wished for

Defence Showing our frailty in the air against a side that will put you under immense pressure I do feel as I have said before I think Slav should have stuck with three at the back to start with, the players know how to play it and its a shame we lose Bashams attacking instincts down the right flank as we are certainly short of attacking options

Midfield Totally anonymous tonight out of their depth physically, creatively (no surprise) and defensively weak Osborn did ok and Freeman when he came on at least put a few challenges in

Attack Struggled as usual due to no creativity from mid field but also from wide areas again think wing backs were / are our best option at the moment due to the lack of attacking input from midfield. When we do get a chance superb ball from Sharp Didzy misses a sitter

Manager / Tactics Should have known the way WBA would play high press in your face hoof ball. They closed us down when Verrips had the ball then long ball up to Sharp who had little chance in the air so the ball came straight back exactly the same thing happened 2nd half in the cup against lesser opposition Carlisle. We need to find a way to counter act this either big man up front or again the wing back option or a midfield that can turn and run and attack with the ball

Luckily we wont face WBA every week and our next few fixtures look easier than the first three but confidence will be low
Slav will hopefully know what he needs now up to him and the board to sort it in the next couple of weeks

Verrips - not good enough
Baldock - love the guy, one of very few to always put a shift in.
Egan - No protection in front of him so gets turned a lot, and his turning circle is like a bus.
Bash - in a back 4 he needs to be in DM screening.
Robinson - needs dropping
Osborn - energy but not a starter. Off the bench only
Norwood - needs dropping
Fleck - needs dropping
Berge - needs to toughen up, could be good alongside Bash in DM
Didzy - hit it first time you twat (could have had two first half if he had)
Sharp - Never going to score if we don't get up the pitch, ans lumping it to him is never going to work.

Subs - more energy from Burke (still shit), McBurnie (stop trying to get booked every game), and Freeman.

V Hudds I'd go...

New keeper (haha)... suppose it'll be Verrips.

Baldock
Egan
Davies
RND

Berge
Basham
Freeman

Didzy

McBurnie
Sharp

This could be Slavs Wilder moment and the pasting West Brom have given us will no doubt focus his mind and if he didnt know before he will certainly know it now we need a complete overhaul in midfield some creativity and until he gets the players he wants / needs we really need to play with a back three. At least he knows now some of these arent good enough

Verrips has had a very hard introduction to Championship football against probably the worst side he could have wished for

Defence Showing our frailty in the air against a side that will put you under immense pressure I do feel as I have said before I think Slav should have stuck with three at the back to start with, the players know how to play it and its a shame we lose Bashams attacking instincts down the right flank as we are certainly short of attacking options

Midfield Totally anonymous tonight out of their depth physically, creatively (no surprise) and defensively weak Osborn did ok and Freeman when he came on at least put a few challenges in

Attack Struggled as usual due to no creativity from mid field but also from wide areas again think wing backs were / are our best option at the moment due to the lack of attacking input from midfield. When we do get a chance superb ball from Sharp Didzy misses a sitter

Manager / Tactics Should have known the way WBA would play high press in your face hoof ball. They closed us down when Verrips had the ball then long ball up to Sharp who had little chance in the air so the ball came straight back exactly the same thing happened 2nd half in the cup against lesser opposition Carlisle. We need to find a way to counter act this either big man up front or again the wing back option or a midfield that can turn and run and attack with the ball

Luckily we wont face WBA every week and our next few fixtures look easier than the first three but confidence will be low
Slav will hopefully know what he needs now up to him and the board to sort it in the next couple of weeks

Your right we won’t play WBA every game .. but the leagues full of big physical sides .. Boro , Stoke , Cardiff , Millwall , QPR etc will ge rubbing there hands looking at that shower of shit tonight

If the manager doesn’t get his first choice targets this is what happens

I really hope so but hearing his end of match interview didnt give me that hope. ( perhaps he s just got a good poker face!)

Chris how do you know who Slavs first choice targets are Im sure Davies was one of them
You didnt do too well in your first four games in L1
Well Pedro….. he’s been saying for about 6 weeks he wants 4/5 players and we have 1 in the building.

Unless this is a new tactic. Lose first 4 games and see if we can replicate CW.

Good idea. Have a shite start then the sign the players the manager wants. Good thinking.

The players we are looking at are loans so will be waiting on the parent club
This usaually happens towards the end of the window

We need to spend the Rams money on five players. One needs to be a new goalie.
We desperately need a new athletic midfield. We need to supplement the Rams money with the parachute money to buy new players.
I am already worrying that as I can’t understand a word Slav is saying, how is he going to remotivate United.
I’ve watched United for 65 years. It seems like nothing changes much we always slide back down the tables. Hope I’m wrong though.

Personally I would sell berge as the team is too predictable and slow, turns backwards and cant pick a cutting pass. Norwood's past it for 90 minutes and a new midfield is essential.
Immediately play half of Under 23s with 3 at back which they know and find 3 to 5 new creatives who have confidence to beat a man and skills to play like Fulham did last night.

A friend is a Fulham fan who predicted we’d start slowly while Slav gets the measure of the team. It took some time for him to get Fulham firing but they put five past us at the Lane once he’d got the measure.

Give the man some time and hope we can improve. UTB!

Personally I would sell berge as the team is too predictable and slow, turns backwards and cant pick a cutting pass. Norwood's past it for 90 minutes and a new midfield is essential.
Immediately play half of Under 23s with 3 at back which they know and find 3 to 5 new creatives who have confidence to beat a man and skills to play like Fulham did last night.
Berge should be nowhere near the team. Sell him ASAP. Freeman did more in five minutes than he has since he arrived. Norwood, with some support beside him would be great, based on his current form. I thought Fleck might do that tonight but it never gelled fully. Baldock is wasted at RB. Next few fixtures - If we have to play four at the back, Basham/Egan/Davies/Robinson with a midfield of Baldock/Norwood/Freeman/Osborn and start with a front two of McBurnie and Brewster and MAKE them get a strike partnership together. Burke, Berge, McGoldrick, Verrips no thanks. Who we get in the net i don't know. If Ramsdale has asked for a move, use the money to strengthen. Buy a decent keeper and another striker.

A friend is a Fulham fan who predicted we’d start slowly while Slav gets the measure of the team. It took some time for him to get Fulham firing but they put five past us at the Lane once he’d got the measure.

Give the man some time and hope we can improve. UTB!
We'll have none of that cool headed nonsense on here thank you very much

Egan - No protection in front of him so gets turned a lot, and his turning circle is like a bus.
Norwood - needs dropping
Fleck - needs dropping
Sharp - Never going to score if we don't get up the pitch, ans lumping it to him is never going to work.

Subs - more energy from Burke (still shit), McBurnie (stop trying to get booked every game), and Freeman.

V Hudds I'd go...

Baldock
Egan
Davies
RND

Berge
Basham
Freeman

Didzy

McBurnie
Sharp
Just one thing, Sharp and McBurnie as a pair were one of the most unproductive pairings we used last season.

Norwood - needs dropping
Fleck - needs dropping

V Hudds I'd go...

Baldock
Egan
Davies
RND

Berge
Basham
Freeman

Didzy

McBurnie
Sharp
Didzy and Sharp should be no where near the starting 11 IMO. Need to be bringing through the future which is McBurnie, Brewster, Jebbison (Mousse when fit), even Burke why not lol But Didzy and Sharp have had their day for us

Just one thing, Sharp and McBurnie as a pair were one of the most unproductive pairings we used last season.
Due to the fact their heat maps were in our own half for 90% of the game.

Get the ball in and around the box and they won't be unproductive.

Back
Top Bottom