Outgoing? Slav to Levante

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jimmy Fleck

Reaction score
Heard if we don’t get promoted Slav is going to levante at end of season.

lives in Spain doesn’t he?

I think he has a place there, some of the back room staff have got places in Valencia (where Levante play) and Levante have just sacked their manager. They are 3rd from bottom in La Liga. You'd have thought that they'd appoint their 1st choice now, and not arse about until the end of the season & risk relegation. 🤷‍♂️

Wishful thinking, the curse of the terminally demoralised. You can't blame us I suppose, promotion has been the pinnacle of our ambition, lengthy stretches out of the top tier, little wonder we've embraced the mindset of miserablism as our badge of (dis)honour. A relatively rich man's play thing, considered as a vanity acquisition to impress those other tossers who exist to enhance their own relatively moderate ambitions.

Jeez, it's so fuckin' depressin' if you allow yourself time to look back. Yep, there have been moments of intense happiness, TC at his best, beating the unclean in their own backyard, I could almost convince myself that these moments alone made it all worthwhile. The joy I received from watching Colin Morris skip past another wooden lump, watching the wonderful Paul McGrath put on those red and white stripes even for just a few games, exactly how good was that guy?!?!

Of course it's been worth it. I'm one of those outsiders who caught the Blade's bug at an early age, and ever since I've dreamt and hoped, hoped and dreamt, if only, what if, asking every question that supporters everywhere have asked at one time or another. Will we ever decide to hold onto a promising youngster rather than temporarily fill our current account? My passion for the Blades has and will never diminish. This is it, a lifetime relationship whether I like it or not.........but those moments when ecstasy takes each and every one of us to levels we've rarely experienced, these are the reasons being a Blade is worth it.....and yes, I can hear the occasional cryptic comment about it's the hope that kills you. Difficult sometimes to disagree, but it's probably just as well that I take what I can only describe as a perverse pleasure in watching us through thick and thin.

If Levante end up relegated then would Slav still want to manage them down in the Spanish second division?

I know he's managed in our second tier before and is back in it again but I think the Championship has more prestige than in other countries' second divisions.

On the other hand if they stay up then presumably they'll want to keep whoever has kept them up unless it was strictly until the end of the season.

Well Slav would be better think of staying and calm down over Spain, as we aren't getting anywhere near promotion, especially if he keeps playing Norwood, and Fleck.

I think he has a place there, some of the back room staff have got places in Valencia (where Levante play) and Levante have just sacked their manager. They are 3rd from bottom in La Liga. You'd have thought that they'd appoint their 1st choice now, and not arse about until the end of the season & risk relegation. 🤷‍♂️

recall an interview earlier in the season where someone from radio Sheffield was wanking on about him or us in the British press and he said something about not reading the British press and that he gets his news from the Spanish press where he’s based

Wishful thinking, the curse of the terminally demoralised. You can't blame us I suppose, promotion has been the pinnacle of our ambition, lengthy stretches out of the top tier, little wonder we've embraced the mindset of miserablism as our badge of (dis)honour. A relatively rich man's play thing, considered as a vanity acquisition to impress those other tossers who exist to enhance their own relatively moderate ambitions.

Jeez, it's so fuckin' depressin' if you allow yourself time to look back. Yep, there have been moments of intense happiness, TC at his best, beating the unclean in their own backyard, I could almost convince myself that these moments alone made it all worthwhile. The joy I received from watching Colin Morris skip past another wooden lump, watching the wonderful Paul McGrath put on those red and white stripes even for just a few games, exactly how good was that guy?!?!

Of course it's been worth it. I'm one of those outsiders who caught the Blade's bug at an early age, and ever since I've dreamt and hoped, hoped and dreamt, if only, what if, asking every question that supporters everywhere have asked at one time or another. Will we ever decide to hold onto a promising youngster rather than temporarily fill our current account? My passion for the Blades has and will never diminish. This is it, a lifetime relationship whether I like it or not.........but those moments when ecstasy takes each and every one of us to levels we've rarely experienced, these are the reasons being a Blade is worth it.....and yes, I can hear the occasional cryptic comment about it's the hope that kills you. Difficult sometimes to disagree, but it's probably just as well that I take what I can only describe as a perverse pleasure in watching us through thick and thin.
miserablism. Good word that.
In fact, should this Keystone cops football club of ours we all love ever win a proper trophy we should downright refuse to accept it.
Then tell the tale for years to come, to all who will listen.
And we could have signed Maradona tha knows.

Was funny in their game against Mallorca last week last game before ex manager got sacked. He was sent off in tunnel at half time for smacking one of the Mallorca players. They were arguing about an incident and the Mallorca player told him to calm down, he was getting sacked in the morning. Mallorca player was right.

Surely with any sport, whether participating or watching, it’s only the small number of highlights that make it worthwhile and give us the memories that we cherish.
In over 60 years of watching/supporting the Blades I have had many great times, not least in the last few years !
The real bad times seem to fade away, other than the Wembley disaster against Huddersfield which I think I am stuck with forever !!

Surely with any sport, whether participating or watching, it’s only the small number of highlights that make it worthwhile and give us the memories that we cherish.
In over 60 years of watching/supporting the Blades I have had many great times, not least in the last few years !
The real bad times seem to fade away, other than the Wembley disaster against Huddersfield which I think I am stuck with forever !!
You're obviously a glass half full type, and after watching the Blades for as long as you have, to remain so fuckin' optimistic is something I wish you could bottle, you'd make a fortune.

Of course there have been highs, for me, and we're talking recent history, beating wendy at their own ground was right up there. We'd had six dreadful seasons in Div 1, and to go to that shithole and watch their deluded fans go from raucous optimism to stoney silence was about as good as it gets, and let's not forget that sublime nutmeg by Brooks on Hunt, which alone warrants a replay over and over and over and......

You're obviously a glass half full type, and after watching the Blades for as long as you have, to remain so fuckin' optimistic is something I wish you could bottle, you'd make a fortune.

Of course there have been highs, for me, and we're talking recent history, beating wendy at their own ground was right up there. We'd had six dreadful seasons in Div 1, and to go to that shithole and watch their deluded fans go from raucous optimism to stoney silence was about as good as it gets, and let's not forget that sublime nutmeg by Brooks on Hunt, which alone warrants a replay over and over and over and......
Were we in League one recently ? I must have forgotten !!
I have written off this season re promotion, but hope to see a steady increase in performance / excitement with new signings ready to have a real go in 2022/23.

Were we in League one recently ? I must have forgotten !!
I have written off this season re promotion, but hope to see a steady increase in performance / excitement with new signings ready to have a real go in 2022/23.
I hope you're right, but following the Blades has taught me one lesson, that's not to assume the club will do what the supporters hope for. Given the lack of preparation before the season began I won't hold my breath expecting significant signings any time soon...hope I'm wrong of course.

I've heard that when Blades get promoted this season, Slav will wear a jesters hat and sing EEIIIIEEEIIIIEEEEEIIIIOOOOOOOO UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO

Heard if we don’t get promoted Slav is going to levante at end of season.
Shouldn't that read, if he doesn't get us promoted Slavs going to jump ship at the end of the season, which will do wonders for his reputation

Levante Beach maybe, for a bit of sun, sea and egg and chip?
During the lockdown Levante played their home games in La Nucia stadium which is basically a posh suburb of Benidorm about 4 miles from Levante Beach. They played some of the top Spanish teams there, all behind closed doors. Police were stationed on the nearby hill to stop anyone watching.

Funnily enough we were driving past Levante's stadium yesterday, which has just been renovated. I was wondering about Slav's Spanish home, whether it was near Valencia, but according to FB it is in Madrid. He definitely has Valencia connections though, and he speaks good Spanish. I could see him returning here at some point.

Back
Top Bottom