Incoming? Siriki Dembele

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You mean a majority of our first team.
Aye, but we dont have the time to develop these lower league signings (like our current lads) when we are competing in the prem. Before any signing like this we need to sign more quality capable of competing and creating chances to a premier league level straight away.

Really are scraping barrel if we are after players like this

I'd take a punt on Toney if I was having anyone from Peterborough

5 goals in a decent league one outfit.

If this is the market we're shopping in after finishing top half of the prem deary me...

Our squad is about to shrink massively and we didn't have any didn't have much depth to begin with (and it's feasible we lose Lundstram, L Freeman and C Robinson in the next few weeks), we're going to have to take a few punts to fill out the squad with 3rd-4th-5th-choice players. I have absolutely no idea what this lad is like, I've never heard of him until now, but I guarantee we will sign a couple of players in the next month or so like this that make people go "wtf was the point in that" - but they'll be low risk gambles.

Wonder if any of you are the same people who's posted this on twat book.

I said there and I'll say it here.

1) It's likely a load of bollocks
2) He's only just 22
3) That meagre output in league 1 actually equates to a goal contribution every 90mins if you can actually be arsed to dig into it.
4) Plenty of decent players in lower leagues.
5) Even if true, he's not going into the first XI ffs, we need a squad.

We do need to bring in development players. We can't just keep buying first team players every year as we're far too reliant on Wilder pulling rabbits out of hats. I've honestly never heard of this lad though.

Our squad is about to shrink massively and we didn't have any didn't have much depth to begin with (and it's feasible we lose Lundstram, L Freeman and C Robinson in the next few weeks), we're going to have to take a few punts to fill out the squad with 3rd-4th-5th-choice players. I have absolutely no idea what this lad is like, I've never heard of him until now, but I guarantee we will sign a couple of players in the next month or so like this that make people go "wtf was the point in that" - but they'll be low risk gambles.

Exactly this.

By my calculations we currently have the following 1st team squad after departures.

GK: Moore?, Verrips, Foderingham.
DF: Baldock, Stevens, Egan, JOC, Basham, Jags?, Robinson.
MF: Berge, Norwood, Fleck, Osbourne, Freeman?, Lundstrum, Rodwell?
ST: McBurnie, Moose?, Sharp, Didzy, Robinson?

I know we have quite a few players that can play several positions but our squad is worringly thin at present.

We currently have 22 in the 1st team squad which is already 3 short of the 25 you name for The Prem season. Add to that the 5 I have put a question mark to above and we may need as many as 8 or 9 this close season.

I personally think we'll see 3 or 4 to straight away challenge the 1st choice 11 but we'll also need 3 or 4 squad fillers as well IMO.

What is the harm in taking a punt on the lad he has bags of pace and a really skilful player and taking on players.

Remember the last young lad that we took a punt on the last time we were in the premier league Colin-Kazim-Richards.

The lad showed no fear and didn't care who he was up against and did really well hence he earned his move to Fenerbahce.

Not saying he would take to the premier league like CKR did but he should be given a chance if we do sign him.

I all for taking a punt on pacey young skilful players especially for bargain prices as we have nothing really to lose and everything to gain because if he is successful his price will skyrocket.

I thought young hungry players is part of what most Blades wanted to see at the lane or am I wrong 🤔

This lad would be a gamble for the 25 this year. I guess signing him and loaning to a championship side next season would make sense.

After a good chat with a Posh mate I like the characteristics this lad possesses but along side any signing like this I would like to see another McBurnie or Berge level signing upfront for a player that can take on the opposition and give them a reason to sit back. That is if our budget allows for it.

we're going to have to take a few punts to fill out the squad with 3rd-4th-5th-choice players.
What is the harm in taking a punt on the lad he has bags of pace and a really skilful player and taking on players.
Totally disagree with the take a punt view, if we're going to do that let's use our own players such as Smith and Norrington-Davies to pad out the squad. We've also had a good eye for freebies in the past. 'It's just a few quid here and there', is the attitude that ends up making clubs without a money tree to go bust.

Totally disagree with the take a punt view, if we're going to do that let's use our own players such as Smith and Norrington-Davies to pad out the squad. We've also had a good eye for freebies in the past. 'It's just a few quid here and there', is the attitude that ends up making clubs without a money tree to go bust.

What if we already know Tyler Smith isn’t currently even close to Premier League level (as all the evidence suggests, otherwise he wouldn’t be on loan to league one again) but think this lad could be with the right coaching / development?

(I say this fully accepting that this story might be bullshit, but the overall point still stands)

I don't think the 5 goals last season tells the real picture. He's mainly been used as a winger but post Christmas has played up top and since then has excelled and assisted or scored most of their goals. He's the sort of player fans love to watch. The question is, obviously, can he make the jump up in standard but he has all the two attributes we really lack: pace and creativity. I work in Grimsby and I remember their fans saying he was quality then, Posh have unearthed a few gems as we know from the non-league and the lower leagues.

Got to be the first for the highlights video! haha! He's young and from the Ivory Coast also! What's not to like! As an alternative that's played in the Championship Bright Samuel is worth a look also and I think we've already talked about him also on here, or maybe that was just from me!

Finally, I've heard a few of our fans saying we need to capture these young promising players before they hit the headlines at a Championship club and cost £20m plus i.e Watkins. Well maybe this is the time since our budget is cut to take a gamble for £5m or so on a promising player and take that risk, no signing is ever certain to succeed and this would be a relatively small gamble.

Last edited:
Missed that Smith was loaned out again (although this isn't always the right decision: Brooks) but the point I'm making is there is no point buying players where we're just hoping they'll step up as the club is wasting money. I appreciate there is a dearth of goalscorers capable of playing in the Premier League since anybody who bags a few goals is bought at the end of the season but we need to look elsewhere for proven at a level closer to EPL (other top tiers in Europe) over buying somebody who 'hopefully' will step up 2 leagues.

we need to look elsewhere for proven at a level closer to EPL (other top tiers in Europe) over buying somebody who 'hopefully' will step up 2 leagues.

0fc.gif

Looking at the bigger picture I think your spot on Beans.We will try to pick up some bargains allied to players who can step into the first team .
A lot of blades seem to think we can just go in and sign players unfortunately our big problem is the wage structure ( I agree with the clubs stance on this) we are a low wage club we are not alone in this Burnley do it in a similar way,dont run before you can walk .
As Wilder says they reward players according to success ,we have a nucleus of players who have come through the divisions with us and they have been rewarded accordingly what comes first? chicken or the egg.
Its obvious our wages have to grow or we will never bring in quality players.
We will improve the squad but it will drag on into the season .
Going to be an interesting bunch whoever's we bring in , CWAK have always made us competitive in whatever division we are in ! cant see it being any different this season

Reactions: CW7
We'll see how this pans out, whatever is discussed here will have no bearing on what happens.

Having seen the video I would love to sign him.
Pace
Skill
Two feet
Most importantly he appears to have a great brain and sense of awareness
Young and can only get better
We would not lose money on him if he is coached correctly and as has already been stated we need squad fillers who can improve not just pad out the squad .

I don't think the 5 goals last season tells the real picture. He's mainly been used as a winger but post Christmas has played up top and since then has excelled and assisted or scored most of their goals. He's the sort of player fans love to watch. The question is, obviously, can he make the jump up in standard but he has all the two attributes we really lack: pace and creativity. I work in Grimsby and I remember their fans saying he was quality then, Posh have unearthed a few gems as we know from the non-league and the lower leagues.

Got to be the first for the highlights video! haha! He's young and from the Ivory Coast also! What's not to like! As an alternative that's played in the Championship Bright Samuel is worth a look also and I think we've already talked about him also on here, or maybe that was just from me!

Finally, I've heard a few of our fans saying we need to capture these young promising players before they hit the headlines at a Championship club and cost £20m plus i.e Watkins. Well maybe this is the time since our budget is cut to take a gamble for £5m or so on a promising player and take that risk, no signing is ever certain to succeed and this would be a relatively small gamble.

The next Brian’s Deane or dare I say Mané

I like him.

As stated above. It’s a squad thing we need to look at. Think of him as swopping Leon’s place and it has more potential to it and I’m fine with it.

The next Brian’s Deane or dare I say Mané

In terms of style he's probably most similar from our ex players to Peter Ndlovu - I would guess! I do hope we can sign someone who does have that x-factor and quality. We saw what Nathan Redmond could do for Southampton and how we couldn't handle him. Granted Dembele isn't likely to be as consistent as the likes of a player at Redmond's current status, but he could be a real find and one to develop.

I’d deffo get Toney in hes rumoured to be off to Brentford It wouldn’t suprise me if he scored more goals than Watkins has done this year for them he looks a better player than Watkins all round albeit in the league below

Agree Ben, and I can't see why some on here reduce it to a case of either or........it seems that there are those on here who haven't read the Prince's recent interview which stated that it's not a case of spending for the sake of spending, but that we spend intelligently. Overall, we've bought well, and I'll trust Wilder to consider anyone he feels might be a positive for this club.

It’s the only slight concern of the CWAK tenure - a lack of academy development coming through. That would make these types of punts less necessary. Hopefully the upgrade plans will start to address the issue.

Looks a dynamic player, in keeping with a lot of players we’re being linked with. It seems CWAK are looking to inject a bit of an explosive element into the team.

Recruiting a player from L1 to play in the PL? Madness! Oh hang on what about Enda Stevens. WeLL no he came from L2 actually. OK so that just leaves Fleck, Baldock, Lunny but I could mention JOC from Brentford reserves and Bash from Blackpool. Not sure what Division they were In when we signed him. And of course there’s also Maguire, Walker, Naughten, Rams dale all signed from a L1 club who have done alright in the PL.

I've decided I would like Toney and Dembele please.

Get it sorted Betty.

Back
Top Bottom