All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jim_Blades

Reaction score
There are some great free agents who could do much worse to resurrect their careers than join United for the long league 1 season.

Sordell
Hammill

Players to improve further -

Burn
Hammond
Nolan

i think we'll be waiting until Jan now IMO unless we get injuries, i think reading between the lines from what old phippsy said they are keeping there money in there pockets unless its really needed. Can anyone argue with that and do you think the above players are good enough for a good season in the Championship??

I expect a couple of loans tbh. CM and CO.

Oops, make that a CM and CB. Bloody predictive text :mad:

i think we'll be waiting until Jan now IMO unless we get injuries, i think reading between the lines from what old phippsy said they are keeping there money in there pockets unless its really needed. Can anyone argue with that and do you think the above players are good enough for a good season in the Championship??

Worry about the Championship once we get there.

Any one signed in our first two seasons down for the Championship would be long gone now and a waste of funding.

Get a big fucker ch in and sign Championship players if and when we ever get there.

Just logging in to ask if we've replaced "easily replaceable, inconsistent Jamie Murphy" yet?

I was assured by many on here when we sold him that £1.5m was a MASSIVE amount of money for our inconsistent player of the year and that we could easily replace him. A quick query is all.

I don't think we're going to replace Murphy and for the time being it's nowhere near a priority - because we've failed to recruit in so many other more important areas. Adams and Woolford between them should cover the left side and Done could end up playing there too as I don't see the strike partnership being broken up. With Flynn and JCR for the other side we do have a number of decent wide options but none of them fully convince you or guarantee the numbers Murphy produced last season. As the season goes on I actually think Woolford could be our most prominent winger.

We have to speak the language of American commentators now, I'm afraid...

We'll get a Central Upfielder and a Nearside Tackle...

Just logging in to ask if we've replaced "easily replaceable, inconsistent Jamie Murphy" yet?

I was assured by many on here when we sold him that £1.5m was a MASSIVE amount of money for our inconsistent player of the year and that we could easily replace him. A quick query is all.

Afraid not. We've missed him terribly. Our loss has been Brighton's gain as we struggle in vain to create chances and fire blanks, whilst Jamie leads them on to glory...

Yes he's been replaced by a kid who's doing rather well.

What's the panic for another left winger? What we have may not be as good as Murphy was but we've not really struggled without him.

What's the panic for another left winger? What we have may not be as good as Murphy was but we've not really struggled without him.
I think left wing is one of 4-5 positions where we've got few concerns. However, centre half, left back and goal keeper are all major worries, especially if we pick up a few injuries as well.

I think left wing is one of 4-5 positions where we've got few concerns. However, centre half, left back and goal keeper are all major worries, especially if we pick up a few injuries as well.
Agreed mate, which is why I was confused at the "suggested" urgent need to replace Murphy by BMLuke.

signings are best near end of this month so they can stay till new year and if we like them they dont have to return to their clubs , I expect 2 maybe 3 but not till late in the month

Back
Top Bottom