Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Bromwich Albion - 9th February 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WES
WES
WES
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1644325763747.png V. 1644325768122.png
Championship Week 28 - Wednesday 9th February 2022 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-bromwich-albion.582/

Officials:

Referee: Leigh Doughty
Assistant Referee: Nick Greenhalgh
Assistant Referee: James Wilson
Fourth Official: Rebecca Welch

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1644325909280.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

TO BE UPDATED:

Screenshot 2022-02-08 at 13.12.26.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Hopefully MGW is at least on the bench. Will be tough but they've lost the last couple haven't they?

STEVE BRUCE CONFIRMS WEST BROM INJURY CONCERNS AHEAD OF SHEFFIELD UNITED TRIP​

Unfortunately we have a couple of issues in terms of fitness ahead of the game. We might have lost Kyle Bartley because he is sick and Matty Phillips because he has a foot injury. We don’t know the extent of it at this moment in time.”

FLW

Reminds me of the game against Wednesday in early 2019 when Bruce had just taken over so I'll go for the same score.

Blades 0-0 WBA

It's so important that we get the first goal and inside the first 15-20 minutes or Cabbage Head will park the bus, like he always does against us, and take a boring 0-0 draw, or an undeserved snatch and grab flukey win.

The crowd and ball boys need to play their part when it comes to set pieces, try and disrupt anything they get
Agreed but would also like to see (most not just a few in…) the crowd “at it” vocally from the start. No reason why it shouldn’t be one of those electric nights under the lights at BDTBL from the off - the team has done enough under Hecky to deserve that. That’s want home advantage is really all about . Otherwise the “advantage” of 12/19 games at home really isn’t, is it? Team would probably rather play away where they can be guaranteed committed vocal support rather than playing in The Library of most of this season. So come on those of you lucky enough to be able to attend most games in person - feckin’ pull your finger out (or whatever Delia might have uttered if she was a Blade…😊)

There were 3 big problems at the Hawthorns:

1. Sub standard players/players in poor form in the team. Verrips is long gone, and hopefully we will not be using Robinson (or he plays better), and we are in much, much better form.

2. Dealing with long throws. This has not really been a problem recently though both Luton and Brum tried it. WBA are better at it but I anticipate we will be better at defending it too.

3. We had terrible trouble coping with WBA's really aggressive pressing. Of course, Bruce plays the opposite game, so we may not see this at all.

Therefore it is possible that all of the things that killed us in the 0-4 game will be either absent or have less of an impact.

Still a tough game to call with the Bruce factor, and accounting for the fact that WBA do have a good team (albeit with injuries). If we keep up recent standards, though, I fancy us to win a close one.

Just looking at WBA's team... they have an enviable squad, close to PL standard i reckon... That midfield is brilliant for this level, Gardner-Hickman seems to be their wonderkid midfielder, and they've got a lot of experience elsewhere. Will be a tough game managed by cabbage head too. I'd take a draw

Johnstone

Furlong Ajayi Bartley Townsend

Livermore

Diangana Mowatt Gardner-Hickman Grant

Carroll​

Just looking at WBA's team... they have an enviable squad, close to PL standard i reckon... That midfield is brilliant for this level, Gardner-Hickman seems to be their wonderkid midfielder, and they've got a lot of experience elsewhere. Will be a tough game managed by cabbage head too. I'd take a draw

Johnstone

Livermore

Carroll​
Bruce said Bartley might miss out.

Arguably, Hecky's buggest test yet, considering our struggles against BIG teams. Anything from this will ve good.

I'd be happy seeing

GK Foderinghan
LW Norrington-Davies
CD Goode
CD Egan
CD Basham
RW Bogle
CM Berge
CM Hourihane
AMC Ndiaye
ST McBurnie
ST Sharp

If Bruce comes to park the bus, which he inevitably will, then we need to take advantage of set pieces, hence the inclusion of Goode, Berge, McBurnie and Hourihane to take them, as his corners are far better than Fleck or Norwood.

I must be frank, the results are surprising me and I'm still waiting for both the wheels and entire chassis to come off this particular team's bus.

However, should Hecky actually manage to turn this season around and qualify for the play-offs, I'll have some serious humble pie to eat come May.

Considering our terrible record of only ever achieving elimination or relegation via the play-offs, I for one won't be judging him on games 47, 48 or 49 of the season ;) 🤣

Tonight's a big test and Middlesbrough will be an even bigger one mentally for players and manager.

UTB

Johnstone

Livermore

Carroll​
Why does the very mention of Carroll as a lone striker look ominous?!?

Back
Top Bottom