Match Thread Sheffield United v. Hull City - 15th February 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
HULL
HULL
HULL
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1644877411197.png V. 1644877419639.png
Championship Week 30 - Tuesday 15th February 2022 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-hull-city.576/

Officials:

Referee: Oliver Langford
Assistant Referee: Paul Hodskinson
Assistant Referee: Steven Meredith
Fourth Official: Darren Bond

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1644877534491.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 22.26.11.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

If the manager made 4 changes for the Huddersfield game, just think what tempting options he has for this one, at home to Hull?

Should be playing our strongest team week in and week out

instead more chance of picking the starting lineup out of a hat.
I think rotation of players is expected and necessary under the current circumstances. Who knows, those on the verge of the first team might be match fit when they are really needed. While I agree with the principle of picking the best players, we need to use the full squad. Picking the best every game might tip our hand to the sides above us, who we still have to play?

Love a good overreaction me. Regardless of who he picks in midfield I think Baldock needs to play in his preferred position instead of Bogle. Bogle's looked good recently but I'm sure he's trying to play through an injury and it showed at Huddersfield. RND to play on the left.

Love a good overreaction me. Regardless of who he picks in midfield I think Baldock needs to play in his preferred position instead of Bogle. Bogle's looked good recently but I'm sure he's trying to play through an injury and it showed at Huddersfield. RND to play on the left.
With RND we looked more balanced
Lets see how Baldock is in his preferred position

Expecting us to rotate again. Can see Bogle getting a rest, aswell as Sharp. Norwood and Ndiaye certainly will comeback in.

Wes
Baldock Bash Egan Robbo RND
Norwood Berge
MGW Ndiaye
Mcburnie

Expecting us to rotate again. Can see Bogle getting a rest, aswell as Sharp. Norwood and Ndiaye certainly will comeback in.

Wes
Norwood Berge
MGW Ndiaye
Mcburnie
Only reason he'd drop Sharp is if he's knackered. I hope he starts with BS and gives him 60-70 mins.

Only reason he'd drop Sharp is if he's knackered. I hope he starts with BS and gives him 60-70 mins.

I'd have no issues in resting him and if he needs to come on, then do it as an impact player with half hour remaining.

For his age, Sharp has fantastic fitness.... but he is our main man at the minute. We can't burn him out!

Should be playing our strongest team week in and week out

Unless you see the players training and have an eye on more than one match how can we say what the strongest team for any one match is.
He is generally using only 15 players most of the time, injuries permitting.

Wes
Norwood Berge
MGW Ndiaye
Mcburnie
I'll be surprised if Hourihane doesn't start tonight

Yes agree. Don’t think Billy would admit to it but reckon it’ll be taken out of his hands. Especially with this being the easiest on paper of the next 3 home games

Billy looked fit enough at Huddersfield, so would think he’ll be in …. unless somethings happened since then. I’d give McBurnie a start too, with MGW sitting just behind. Bring Jebbo and/or Ndaiye on as impact subs. Norwood and Berge in midfield. Same back 5 as last game.
The good thing is that we have options.

Foderingham
Baldock
Robinson
Egan
Basham
Bogle
Norwood
Hourihane
Ndiaye
Gibbs-White
Sharp

I have a sinking feeling that Fleck will start ahead of Hourihane so it's 10 men Sheffield United v Hull.

Back
Top Bottom