Match Thread Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BRI
BRI
BRI
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1582198445715.png v. 1582198449296.png
EPL Week 27 - Saturday 22nd February 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-brighton-hove-albion.491/

Officials:

Referee:
Graham Scott
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: David Webb
Video Assistant Referee: Darren Bond
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Beck

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-02-20 at 11.33.29.png

Wonder if Maupay plays! I think he was on the bench recently. Will be interesting to compare with McBurnie. I was one who wanted Maupay. Now I'm thinking maybe we got the better player.

Just a reminder that Brighton is a town full of retirees, holidaymakers, artists and creative types and occasionally mods and rockers. I'm having nightmares about us being docked points.

And no more 5-4, Forfar East Fife next week. Must be their turn.

Anyone heard owt regards to team news?
Who would you start?
Unchanged team for me. Although I'm looking forward to seeing Retsos play it's still Bash. Berge preferred to Lunny or Besic. And Sharp over Didzy and Mousse (although a fully fit Didzy starts for me)

Who's in Sheaf Island tomorrow? I'll be in from c11:00am as flown in to UK tonight. Be good to meet S2 4SU fellow Blades. If not any other pub in the area after 13:30. Out on the beers with my lad pre match.

It might sound ridiculous I know but I’ve got the same butterflies in my stomach tonight ahead of tomorrow’s game that I used to get the night before games when TC and Woody turned out for us 50 years ago. Ok I’ve had them at various times in between, but nowhere near the same as then and now. Wilder really has brought back my misspent yoof bless him.⚔️

for me im intrigued because i think this is an interesting game as this is the 1st game players might feel the pressure. because i know they dont say it & wilder expects the best no doubt. but for the 1st time this season we now have something tangible to lose. we are on the brink of not just history that Sheffield united fans will talk about. we are talking Leicester levels & we are talking going from county to global recognition in 4 yrs. people still talk about ipswich side of 00/01, everton team of 05/06?

for most the season barring a few everything been a great bonus. & best way i can compare it is to F1. max verstappen is great driver but its different pressure to racing in a title battle where every result matters. to going race by race. if you lose you go again next week

So back in action at last after the 'winter break'. Even more annoying than an international break. So this afternoon we welcome Brighton to BDBL, for what turns out to be the first ever top flight meeting at Bramall Lane. Until today I've felt pretty confident about the result of this game, with Norwich concerning me more... illogical really. But Brighton definitely need the points and this will not be another Burnley style result IMHO...

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fully fit squad?

McBurnie leading the line?

In fact is there any need to change anything?

Perhaps McGoldrick getting the nod?

I'm looking forward to us getting back in action, but the nerves are really going to be tested in these last 12 games. It wasn't supposed be this way. Safety is a superb achievement, why did that chance of Europe have to come up...lol. Anyway we go game to game and achieve what we can. Particularly want us to beat Brighton, and in contrary to my earlier statement... 3-0 Blades victory. Berge scoring today....

UTB

Make the most of it Blades. One paltry prem game in 4 weeks between Bournemouth and Norwich. No wonder it's a sellout. Hope the players are as stoked for this as we supporters. Reckon if lundstram gets on he will work like a mad man and that's how we feel. Mcburnie is about to tear some defence a new one. Cmon Eags and Jack time to head those bloody corners down into the net. Cameo for mcgoldrick to get us purring with satisfaction with classy domination when game already won. Setting off now. 3-0. COYRAWW ⚔️⚔️⚔️👍

Just have a feeling in my water that Zitco will play a part today.

Back
Top Bottom