Scaling the wall for free entry.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

knowsnowt

Get to fuck!
Reaction score
My dad died before i was conceived, and mum never had much money, bringing 5 of us up plus a goat and the neighbours tortoise, so now and then i'd be proper scally and jump the wall on the corner of John street and Shoreham St to get in. Luckily the stewards back then all smoked capstan full strengths and had gin for breakfast, so i never got caught.
Anyone else done owt a bit scally to see dem Blades?

My dad died before i was conceived, and mum never had much money, bringing 5 of us up plus a goat and the neighbours tortoise, so now and then i'd be proper scally and jump the wall on the corner of John street and Shoreham St to get in. Luckily the stewards back then all smoked capstan full strengths and had gin for breakfast, so i never got caught.
I limped straight in dressed as a pigeon,nobody battered an eye lid.Stayed for 2 weeks,seemed like longer.

Sat in Fatboy Slim’s seat at the Withdean a while back and had some very unhappy neighbours at the final whistle 😂

I pretended to be John Gannon for about 3 years. I just ran around on the pitch, hiding and hoping the ball wouldn't come anywhere near me. It worked a treat until I scored a spozzy 30 yard 'roll-down-leg' at Forest, then people started to expect better things from me and it all went downhill from there.

When we played Fulham away in the old third division the away end was still terracing with the river bank behind. I got lobbed out by a steward. I noticed that there was a lot of vegetation and a couple of tall-ish trees by the side of the river, and with a bit of difficulty I managed to climb back in. I was clocked by the same steward after about five minutes and lobbed back out again.

Also switched ends at away games a few times just by walking at the side of the pitch, looking like I was meant to be there.

I pretended to be John Gannon for about 3 years. I just ran around on the pitch, hiding and hoping the ball wouldn't come anywhere near me. It worked a treat until I scored a spozzy 30 yard 'roll-down-leg' at Forest, then people started to expect better things from me and it all went downhill from there.
Gannon was decent for us and his corners legendary, but he was not great in the promotion season and I still maintain him breaking his arm was a factor in us getting promoted!

Crewe away, 82 promotion season. Over a wall and they sold beer in the bottle.
Nice.

Just remembered another one. Chesterfield away. Big queue for the turnstiles on the away terrace. Queue runs the length of a 12 ft wall. Fans already in the ground are looking down at us from the top of this wall, which forms part of the ground. All of a sudden someone gets a leg up from their mates and grabbed and hauled up by fans above. Then another goes up. Then another. In the end, there are more fans entering the ground this way than there are using the turnstiles.

Sat in Fatboy Slim’s seat at the Withdean a while back and had some very unhappy neighbours at the final whistle 😂

You can't use that language sir!

Ur getting reported to the 'Woke Police'

Turf Moor back in the day to watch Burnley v Hull City.

Pretended to be a Burnley fan that day.

Bull Hull City won two nowt damn.

Oh wait a minute 😉

I remember once sneaking through a rotten turnstile door at Highfield road Coventry in the early 70's. Also in the 70's Blades fans forced the exit gates at the old Baseball ground Derby one of the funniest things I saw was a copper stood behind the gate with arms outstretched as about 1000 Blades ran past him, more chance of King Canute holding back the tide 🤣

Tranmere away in the 80s. I was a kid at the time going through the kids entrance sone bloke with a tache and perm gave me the entrance money and said say two and followed me in.

So suppose I was a minor scaly accomplice.

Reactions: Dkc
At the Lane, as kids, we'd duck under the turnstile or vault over it.

My mate's Dad was giving his brother a shove up the wall, basically breaking in to Wembley in 1977 with about 10,000 Scots doing the same thing.

An unopened can of Tartan Special fell out of said brother's pocket scoring a direct hit on said mate's Dad's brow, resulting in slight concussion and six stiches at Hillingdon Hospital.

Used a ladder to get in to Elm Park Reading back in the day.

I jumped the turnstile on the away end at Highbury, our second leg league Cup with Arsenal when we was a lowly division 4 team.
Climbed up the floodlight to get over the wall on the Leppings lane, I was with my Wednesday supporting mate. We got chased by two Liverpool fans after the game who pulled knives out on us.

Just remembered another one. Chesterfield away. Big queue for the turnstiles on the away terrace. Queue runs the length of a 12 ft wall. Fans already in the ground are looking down at us from the top of this wall, which forms part of the ground. All of a sudden someone gets a leg up from their mates and grabbed and hauled up by fans above. Then another goes up. Then another. In the end, there are more fans entering the ground this way than there are using the turnstiles.
Why? It was loads easier just to crawl through the hole in the fence. 🙂

Similar

Next door neighbour had a st for the millers . He got in at the tivoli end and then lobbed his st over the wall to us

We went in one by one

In the days of a season book 📕- you just had to show the book cover at the turnstile

Similar

Next door neighbour had a st for the millers . He got in at the tivoli end and then lobbed his st over the wall to us

We went in one by one

In the days of a season book 📕- you just had to show the book cover at the turnstile
I was an original share holder with a silver disk. Just showed it at turnstile and they let you in. Quick as a flash pass it back to mate squeezed in behind. Mates dad had something similar for Pigs so int old days when everything were in black and white and KO were alternate Satdis at 3pm we always had a free game to go to.
An do know to save pocket money we would walk from wiswood and Stannington to the match and back. These days kids expect (and get) a door to door chauffeur service at any time of day or night.

Yep, ''borrowed'' a set of ladders from a terraced house close to Elm Park Reading a couple of hours before a game there many years ago and a few of us nipped over the wall......it was so early we got bored and had to use the turnstile to get out and recommence our beverages in the local pub.

I was the “official” league sponsor in 2015/16. In reality I was contracted for a year working for the league sponsors and got free tickets, because no one else supported Sheffield United, so there was no demand. I had the choice to either do sponsorship duties or sit in the Westfield. Westfield every time.

Paid a man on the gate at Oldham to let me in and stood with the Oldham fans on their Kop that season we won 2-0 on the plastic pitch. Celebrated the 1st goal, Oldham fans weren’t happy so just walked through the gate at the front, walked round the pitch and just walked in the away end. Nobody batted an eyelid!

Back
Top Bottom