Ryan Allsop/Kelle Roos

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Micky Narker

Reaction score
Allsop and Roos have conceded fewer goals than a bunch of teams in the top half this season, with Allsop between the sticks recently getting clean sheets against Fulham and West Brom. The uncertainty around Derby could make a punt on one of them worthwhile if Olsen goes.

Roos is a bombscare with the ball at his feet. Watched Derby quite a bit this year as my gf supports them. He shits me up and I don’t even support them.

Not seen too much of Allsop tbf.

Allsop tried giving Ndiaye the ball within the first 5 mins on Saturday and looked pretty crap with his feet. I'd appraise his shot stopping ability but as we didn't bother having any it was hard to make a call one way or the other.

Allsop looked a lot less steady than Wes at the weekend.

Roos can makes some great saves but he's a liability.

Always have to have a rye chuckle when people suggest players to buy from teams who have just beaten us.

Don't forget these two keepers have had a very good centre half pairing in Jags and Davies in front of them. Decent centre halves can make worse than average keepers look like world beaters.

Wouldn't be interested in either of these. We're already supposedly signing a back up keeper to replace our current back up keeper so... 🤷‍♂️

Always have to have a rye chuckle when people suggest players to buy from teams who have just beaten us.

Don't forget these two keepers have had a very good centre half pairing in Jags and Davies in front of them. Decent centre halves can make worse than average keepers look like world beaters.

Wouldn't be interested in either of these. We're already supposedly signing a back up keeper to replace our current back up keeper so... 🤷‍♂️
So we will have three back up keepers only ?

So we will have three back up keepers only ?
That's the way I see it.

As much as I like Wes, he's not a number 1. Eastwood is older than Ramsdale and has never even really been given a look-in. And Dewhurst? Well, he is nowhere near ready to be playing in The Championship.

The opposite is equally true: a decent keeper behind a porous defence will look average at best. Case in point: Ramsdale in the first half of last season.

The opposite is equally true: a decent keeper behind a porous defence will look average at best. Case in point: Ramsdale in the first half of last season.
I don't disagree to a huge extent, but Ramsdale was awful in the first half of last season.

Back
Top Bottom