Incoming? Ronaldo Vieira

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

First highlights reel I've ever seen of a player, "getting a foot in" for 4 minutes. A long overdue replacement for Monty?

Absolutely shit hot at Leeds wasn’t he then faded?

played Sunday league with this lad and his brother, who I'm sure was called Rivaldo or Romario. he was obviously a good player but even so I couldn't believe it when I saw he signed for Leeds. he did really well in the champ and most Leeds fans I know were gutted when they sold him. not followed his career since he went to Italy but if he's still the same player I'd take him at the Lane

I actually signed him on FM20 for United, so I'm all for this.

If we can somehow also manage to bag Justin Kluivert on loan from Roma as well...

Would like to have someone athletic and combative like him. But we need to focus on our creativity first. ⚔️

Seems Sampdoria are trying to get rid. His loan loan to Verona had an option to buy - which obviously wasn’t exercised. Only managed 45 appearances for anyone since 2018.

If available at a good price for (relatively) low wages, then it’s worth a punt. Otherwise I reckon we should be looking elsewhere.

Proved himself in the Championship, we are desperate for athleticism in midfield, young - yes please

So he's been offered to Utd (and a host of other clubs) as Sampdoria want him (and his salary) off their books. He played 2 games last season due to injury.

I'd say there is as much change of him pulling on the red & white next season as there is one of us doing so.

Do we know if there were any non-footballing reasons for Leeds selling him? I remember it being a bit of a surprise at the time.

Do we know if there were any non-footballing reasons for Leeds selling him? I remember it being a bit of a surprise at the time.
Just asked a leeds mate the same question and he said Bielsa just preferred Klich and Phillips when he came in but he was well liked at Leeds and the fans didn't want rid.

The lads got 63 Championship appearances and 41 in Serie A, he's clearly not able to perform at the top level as yet but he is only 23 and was clearly comfortable in the Championship.
This is from Richard Sutcliffe, so not to be brushed off as nonsense but he is being shipped round for offers so it's not us who have identified him.
However he looked a proper talent as a kid at Leeds and you don't lose that technical ability, he's got league experience but likely to have higher wage demands which will put rivals in the same league off aside from those relegated teams.

It's an interesting option should the price be right and he has the right attributes of the type of players we should be looking at but there is a long long way to go in this transfer window and it's not even simmering yet, nevermind coming to the boil.

We need a proper ball winner, and this lad would tick a few boxes. Add in 2 CAMs (or 1 if Didsy and young Ndiaye can provide competition in that position) and midfield looks a lot healthier.

As others have said he’s an interesting player with good experience at a position where we need a bit of depth. As reclamation projects go he’d certainly be worth a punt but it’s a very tenuous link that’s been reported.

He always looked a decent player at Leeds to me whenever I saw him, But that recent Injury record would be a serious concern.

Back
Top Bottom