Reasons to be chearful (again)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

varkanoid

Reaction score
Just had a quick read at the
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54854533
article in another thread and read through the latest page of comments.

Here are some I picked out - on the whole generally positive - a kind of view from outside s24su -

Lonster​

11:37
Too early to say, 3 wins from their next 5 games puts them mid table. Wilder is a good manager, the players know the drill, it's not been easy with the fixtures, they will turn it around. My original prediction was Fulham, West Ham and Palace to be relegated...West Brom are definitely in the mix

arfur​

11:45
anyone else noticed how Solskjaer looks like Wilder's mini me !

paul hirst​

12:02
My team Leeds were been given all the praise going by the media after the win at Aston Villa, and then we lose to Leicester and Palace and suddenly we are an average side again ? Football can change very quickly, the blades only lost by a single goal to Man City, and gave a better account of themselves against them than Marseille and Olympiakos , what I'm saying is anything can happen.

idontwantadisplayname​

12:26
sacking wilder would be a disaster. i disagree with a lot of things he's done recently, but there is no doubt whatsoever that he will turn these signings into good players. it's what he does. remember the premier is new to him too. he shouldn't be penalised for the great work he's done in previous seasons. i'm not worried about us going down, i'm worried about all the progress being thrown away.

Julie Noted​

13:02
They'll survive .... just !

They're not playing badly (yesterday wasn't 'great' tho') and they've had some tough games to start off with.

Honesty and grit will get them through this but it ain't going to be a patch on last season. There are definitely three worse teams than Sheffield United in the Prem

jphoenix2012​

13:02
Blades have just been unlucky, but they are not playing badly. A few wins and their midtable again.

Vinterland​

14:19
The Blades are in trouble but are by no means doomed. It presently looks like any three of the bottom five could be relegated. The points games when these sides play each other will be crucial in determining who survives. Nothing is ever decided the first week of November.

AndyB​

15:07
Tbh it looked like SU are trying to play a more passing slower game this season they should go long and direct they have quality upfront now just get the ball to him sooner and brewster will get goals, I like how bbc say zayech is world class for having 1 good game against bottom of the table team it's like saying a 35 year old beating up a 12 year old makes him the world's greatest fighter lol

Phil​

15:42
I am an SUFC supporter, of the Southend United variety.. I'd rather have Sheffield United's woes at present than Southend's. Good luck for the season though

So on the whole being echoed that it is still too early for us to be so doom and gloomy and we just need a few wins which may come our way with the next few teams.

Then you get one curve ball puddled Liverpool fan obviously posting in the wrong comments section > 😁

Lpool6XI​

15:53
So much football going on today. BBC live updates only cover the one Premier League game on at that time. I've gone to another provide as this is just pathetic, can they not cover all the action being played? Just seen the Liverpool team on this stream, obviously;
no one at the BBC has any idea of the Liverpool formation.

I’m looking forward to seeing us against some more ‘normal’ teams rather than your likes of Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Chelsea...almost forgot what it’s like to have the ball these last few games. Really looking forward to seeing what Brewster can bring to the table given he should have better opportunities now given the ‘easier’ fixtures, plus we’ve Fleck and the Moose returning to pep things up a bit. Let’s see where we are in 3 games time 👍🏻

To be fair the last three teams that we have played will probably finish top four. I think that the Liverpool performance was decent, but the last two I don't think we ever looked capable of getting owt.

Back
Top Bottom