Player Suggestion potential summer incomings

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

DemBladesS2

Reaction score
New to this and my first post on here so go easy blades!

with lockdown i’ve had a lot of time on my hands and watched to much football and come up with a list of players who i reckon should be pretty visable in the summer for us depending on if the prince will spend his cash, any other suggestions/ thoughts UTB

Attachments

• A8663912-DEFC-4A76-8675-53DBF0D413E7.jpeg
    A8663912-DEFC-4A76-8675-53DBF0D413E7.jpeg
    363.2 KB · Views: 196
  • C1AA78D4-6A3D-4ECF-9F03-D29CD9AF28E0.jpeg
    C1AA78D4-6A3D-4ECF-9F03-D29CD9AF28E0.jpeg
    459 KB · Views: 199
  • 240A63E7-D8DC-408C-B039-819193FDC139.jpeg
    240A63E7-D8DC-408C-B039-819193FDC139.jpeg
    393.5 KB · Views: 194

Saw Dwight Gayle on first page, stopped reading after that sorry

Decent list, athough I think the likes of Edouard and Armstrong wont be happening now we are back in the Championship.

🎶you don't have to say sorry...

It's probably worth noting that Dwight Gayle is available on a free.

He's 4-5 years younger than Sharp and he has a scoring record at that level of 59 goals and 16 assists in 100 games.

Last season he was there he got 24 goals and 8 assists in 40 games including 11 games where the currently Wednesday manager played him on the wing.

If I could get 15m for McBurnie, and have Gayle come in on similar wages with no fee to his current club, but an inflated signing on fee on a 2 year deal, I'd take that all day long.

That would give me perhaps a final season of Sharp at this level, Didzy, Brewster and a potential successor to Sharp for the next few years in Gayle. I'd be more than happy to rotate those 4 with 3 of them having some good experience whilst I have McBurnie and Mousset off the wage bill and maybe even Burke too.

He's 4-5 years younger than Sharp and he has a scoring record at that level of 59 goals and 16 assists in 100 games.

Last season he was there he got 24 goals and 8 assists in 40 games including 11 games where the currently Wednesday manager played him on the wing.

If I could get 15m for McBurnie, and have Gayle come in on similar wages with no fee to his current club, but an inflated signing on fee on a 2 year deal, I'd take that all day long.

That would give me perhaps a final season of Sharp at this level, Didzy, Brewster and a potential successor to Sharp for the next few years in Gayle. I'd be more than happy to rotate those 4 with 3 of them having some good experience whilst I have McBurnie and Mousset off the wage bill and maybe even Burke too.

I can’t see us spending a bit lump of our budget on more strikers, particularly another older one at 31 years old. But I guess it would be a sign of intent.

I can’t see us spending a bit lump of our budget on more strikers, particularly another older one at 31 years old. But I guess it would be a sign of intent.
I think it depends who leaves.

At the moment, striker would not be a priority for me either. I'd say more so the midfield.

But if Mousset and McBurnie go, then you've got Billy, Didzy, Brewster, Burke who is really a winger, then you are down to Hackford and Jebbeson, both of which it would be great to see emerge but upon which we shouldn't have any reliance at all.

Depends what you call a big lump. You pay him 2m signing on fee and 28k per week and McBurnie and Mousset leave at a combined 56k per week and maybe bring in 15-17m between them.

It's great to have young players but football is about the here and now and if Gayle comes in with no fee, you don't have a concern about resale value. Realistically, not many players these days will come to United and stay 5+ years anyway so having a few who are here for a couple at a time is par for the course unless we did sustain top level.

with lockdown i’ve had a lot of time on my hands and watched to much football and come up with a list of players who i reckon should be pretty visable in the summer for us depending on if the prince will spend his cash, any other suggestions/ thoughts UTB

Welcome DB - a good list and one worthy of discussion.

As others have said, some names will undoubtedly be beyond Utd's reach following relegation. Some others may be possible but will be dependent on outgoings. I suspect we may will see more signings from wider than the previous scouting network (i.e. CW's strong preference for UK players), especially if the coach/manager is not British.

As things stand centre and right mid, and centre and left defence are the priority areas but again, they could be added to following departures.

Good list mate and welcome

Hasn't he just signed a new Newcastle contract?

You may need to double check the availability of a couple of those - notably Maja who is on loan at Fulham and doing well, and Shaw who has already signed for Celtic.

Very long list with some good suggestions. Not sure where u got the fees from, for instance there isn't a chance that Peterborough let either of those 2 forwards go for 3m. They have a very astute chairman and could easily be playing us next season

Hasn't he just signed a new Newcastle contract?
I think he has very recently then. It wasn't on Transfermarkt or wikipedia but the Newcastle Chronicle had an article questioning why they'd done it, so must be true. Still depends how much they want. They are 'protecting their investment' but seldom pick him. So a few may be needed but depends what.

I think he has very recently then. It wasn't on Transfermarkt or wikipedia but the Newcastle Chronicle had an article questioning why they'd done it, so must be true. Still depends how much they want. They are 'protecting their investment' but seldom pick him. So a few may be needed but depends what.
Just collecting loan fees probably. He's going to get 1 in 3 in the Championship at least if he's in a decent team

Just collecting loan fees probably. He's going to get 1 in 3 in the Championship at least if he's in a decent team
Get him on loan then. So what if he's not permanent. If we go up we would need better. He's the typical too good for Champ, not good enough for Prem type player. Should fit in well with us!

You've got some decent shouts on there, however, I can't see us investing in a striker unless we move on McBurnie or Brewster ... I also think a lot of the players mentioned are Wilder-esque, British or play in Britain, and if we do get Blessin, we will start to see us searching further afield, and using our youth too.

With this in mind, I think that Holzauer, Kerk and the youth players mentioned are great shouts - You didn't mention it in your list but, i assume you want Coulibaly back too? If we will play with wingers at any point - that Fashion Sakala lad at Oostende looks a real talent to add on the list.

We also don't have a pot to piss in, so i think we can kiss goodbye to any lucrative transfers, but I think we will be using the loan system extensively for domestic players, some great shouts there for loan 👍

If anyone thinks we’re spending more than 5 mil on individual signings next year then they’ll be in for a shock

If anyone thinks we’re spending more than 5 mil on individual signings next year then they’ll be in for a shock
Not that I think that we will but how do you know ? I mean you haven't got a clue mate you're just assuming

Posters like you have said the same thing for the last few seasons and tten skulk off never to be seen again

Not that I think that we will but how do you know ? I mean you haven't got a clue mate you're just assuming

Posters like you have said the same thing for the last few seasons and tten skulk off never to be seen again
I hope we do spend more but I just don’t see it. Depends on the manager I guess, gonna be interesting to see what happens.

Loans from our former PL adversaries and a smattering of JVW foreign 'gems'!

I hope we do spend more but I just don’t see it. Depends on the manager I guess, gonna be interesting to see what happens.
I don't think we have to ,we can bring in around half a dozen loans to supplement what we've got but we need a turnaround and whatever we ship out will need to be replaced so maybe one or two big( ish ) signings

I don't think we have to ,we can bring in around half a dozen loans to supplement what we've got but we need a turnaround and whatever we ship out will need to be replaced so maybe one or two big( ish ) signings
We need our own players, can’t rely on loans to get us back up, we need a squad that will develop together over numerous seasons.

We need our own players, can’t rely on loans to get us back up, we need a squad that will develop together over numerous seasons.
Then it will be too late
Next season is our best chance ,after that we are in with the pack

Get him on loan then. So what if he's not permanent. If we go up we would need better. He's the typical too good for Champ, not good enough for Prem type player. Should fit in well with us!

The only problem being his salary - he's on relative fortunes at Newcastle (or at least he was and I can't accept he'd re-sign for much/any less). Considering the reduction in Utd's players' salaries following relegation, he'd be comfortably the highest earner at the club if he were to join on loan (assuming Utd would cover his full salary).

To me he's almost a striker version of Norwood - very good in the Champ but not good enough in the Prem. I certainly think he'd score next season if he were to join but could he play with Brewster??

Back
Top Bottom