Paul Heckingbottom ???

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wadblade

Reaction score
I have to admit i know nothing about his past other than I seem to remember he did OK at Barnsley
Does anyone know what the Barnsley and Leeds fans thought of him

Leeds didn't like him but they're all convinced we're going to beat them now

Dingles liked him, Hibs fans didn't

Seems to be one of them guys that's perfect for u23s but not good enough for the main job.

He did well with Barnsley, then chased the cash at Leeds and got the sack on holiday... I’m not sure he’s right for the first team full time.

He did well with Barnsley, then chased the cash at Leeds and got the sack on holiday... I’m not sure he’s right for the first team full time.
But he's not gonna get the job full time is he? He's doing the honours while the end of the season then Tindall takes over. I was hoping Tindall might be a stop gap but the more I think about it it just doesn't add up. Why wouldn't he take charge now if he was going to be a temporary filler? Hope I'm wrong but think people holding out for a big name managerial appointment might be disappointed.

Paper talk says the board will consider Hecky along with everyone else, he’ll probably do it for “ten bob and a ferret” and given out track record prior to Wilder’s appointment I wouldn’t rule him out, personally I think he looked lost at Leeds and wouldn’t be who we want long term, interim as you say !

They only gave him a few months before replacing him with HRH Lord Captain Sir Bielsa (PBUH) didn't they?

They only gave him a few months before replacing him with HRH Lord Captain Sir Bielsa (PBUH) didn't they?
And is something we should be aspiring to. I know it will never happen but the media reporting 'consider all applicants on merit' seems a little underwhelming to me.

Was hoping the board would have some ambition but it seems more like they are looking at who's willing to come to us, rather than who they want to come in and moving heaven and earth to make it happen.

Like many have said, the next appointment is critical but seems currently very much like simply going through the motions...

But he's not gonna get the job full time is he? He's doing the honours while the end of the season then Tindall takes over. I was hoping Tindall might be a stop gap but the more I think about it it just doesn't add up. Why wouldn't he take charge now if he was going to be a temporary filler? Hope I'm wrong but think people holding out for a big name managerial appointment might be disappointed.
i just dont think tindall will be made manager im still convinced hes sussing the players out for when eddie howe comes in i think all this pr about a short list of candidates is just a smoke screen i suspect the jobs already gone 🤔

No doubt he's a good coach. But much of our recent success was due to excellent man management and getting players to overachieve. When it comes to that, managers like Wilder and Warnock don't grow on trees

No doubt he's a good coach. But much of our recent success was due to excellent man management and getting players to overachieve. When it comes to that, managers like Wilder and Warnock don't grow on trees
And sadly much of our recent decline has been down to poor tactics and persevering with declining players. Let's see what he can do.

Hardly a dream opportunity for PH is it? Takes over from one of, if not the best managers the club have had, inherits the weakest squad in the league and with the exception of tomorrow's game against the in-form side in the league, nothing to play for except pride. Instead of writing him off, let's be grateful he was willing to take the role on a temporary basis and get behind him for the remaining games.

Last edited:
Tindall is a long time mate of Bettis which is presumably why he’s on the coaching staff. When it comes to appointing a new manager the Prince will probably seek advice from his trusted advisors. I’m sure you can work out the rest from there.
To be fair, his record at Bournemouth wasn’t bad, only 2 defeats up to Christmas. 4 defeats in a row in January and he’s out.

I think his motivational address at half time last week precludes him from the job on a perm basis

And is something we should be aspiring to. I know it will never happen but the media reporting 'consider all applicants on merit' seems a little underwhelming to me.

Was hoping the board would have some ambition but it seems more like they are looking at who's willing to come to us, rather than who they want to come in and moving heaven and earth to make it happen.

Like many have said, the next appointment is critical but seems currently very much like simply going through the motions...

Not sure we're in that market tbh.

Leeds paid Bielsa £4.5m a year whilst they were in The Championship and have given him £8m a year once he got them up.

On the face of it he's probably worth it but he hasn't really done any better than CW did before the 1st lockdown.

I have to admit i know nothing about his past other than I seem to remember he did OK at Barnsley
Does anyone know what the Barnsley and Leeds fans thought of him
Barnsley liked him.
He dropped them in the mire with a move to Leeds where he was poor.

Tindall is a long time mate of Bettis which is presumably why he’s on the coaching staff. When it comes to appointing a new manager the Prince will probably seek advice from his trusted advisors. I’m sure you can work out the rest from there.
To be fair, his record at Bournemouth wasn’t bad, only 2 defeats up to Christmas. 4 defeats in a row in January and he’s out.
Problem was one of them defeats was against the pigs......

Does that mean our form over the last 12 months is down to poor man management ?

Not sure we're in that market tbh.

Leeds paid Bielsa £4.5m a year whilst they were in The Championship and have given him £8m a year once he got them up.

On the face of it he's probably worth it but he hasn't really done any better than CW did before the 1st lockdown.
Doesn't he live over a shop or something? What's he saving up for a maisonette?

If he can coach these guys and get a song out of them I hope he gets the job. I think we need a coach who inspires through methods than a man manager like Wilder.

I think any type of motivantial guy is going to struggle after Wilder, however someone who can inspire the guys on the training pitch should get a similar tune out of them.

i was going through the managerial odds of many teams. because i am a nosey person. Spurs, Utd, Preston, Eng U21 & then i looked at Donny.

got confused have we missed something. why has so much money been lumped on our caretaker manager

Screenshot_20210422-110406_Samsung Internet.jpg

i was going through the managerial odds of many teams. because i am a nosey person. Spurs, Utd, Preston, Eng U21 & then i looked at Donny.

got confused have we missed something. why has so much money been lumped on our caretaker manager

View attachment 111160

People put tenners on extremely speculative eight-folds. They buy cryptocurrencies they don't understand and invest in stocks without knowing what they're doing. They buy Ed Sheeran albums and cinema tickets for Fast & Furious 17.

In other words, people waste their money on all kinds of shit. I wouldn't read too much into it.

People put tenners on extremely speculative eight-folds. They buy cryptocurrencies they don't understand and invest in stocks without knowing what they're doing. They buy Ed Sheeran albums and cinema tickets for Fast & Furious 17.

In other words, people waste their money on all kinds of shit. I wouldn't read too much into it.
If you’d written the first paragraph in “Scottish” I’d think I was reading the start of another rant from Renton in Train Spotting.

Back
Top Bottom