O’Connell back soon?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would love it to be true but can't expect too much from him of course.

Hopefully Ampadu will grow strength to strength

Even if he got fit, is he allowed to play if not named in the squad at the start of the season?

Did I just hear Wilder say he expects O’Connell to be back mid-Feb? Don’t know if that is back training, or back in the team. Either way (if I heard correctly), it’s a massive boost for us.

it was back at the training ground he has been away somewhere resting/holiday had time off. Wilder said it would be good for the rest of the boys to see Jack back in training. Still doubtful whether be playing this season.

It was mentioned in one of the interviews in last 2 weeks.

Sounded like Wilder expected him back playing. He would have said if he had no intention of letting him play this season.

Double ard barstad is our Jack.

Heads breeze blocks for fun dontchaknow 😀.

UTB.

Just watched CW interview and you are spot on, Berge back playing Mid March and JoC back playing Mid Feb !!!!!!!!

6 min 30 second

Come on lads, let’s get realistic here. It will be a huge boost to have JOC back amongst the squad, but it’s just unrealistic to expect him to be at anywhere near his usual high standards this season.

Selfishly, I hope he doesn't get back that early. We're down already this season, nobody is gambling on JOC if he doesn't make another appearance or only a handful in April / May.

This gives him time to put himself in the Summer shop window.

He might not be back firing straight away in Feb... but we might be able to hope for March Some huge fixtures around then, we could save our season at this point. The last 12 fixtures until May are all possible points

He might not be back firing straight away in Feb... but we might be able to hope for March Some huge fixtures around then, we could save our season at this point. The last 12 fixtures until May are all possible points
He will have been out for about 7 months and you expect him to make a difference in May? I think he’ll need more time and may be firing for the start of next season.

There is another Jack at the club.

I just want someone to ask about Rodwell, where tf is he?

He will have been out for about 7 months and you expect him to make a difference in May? I think he’ll need more time and may be firing for the start of next season.
i interpreted Wilder's comments as ready for selection in Feb... i.e. at the point where he needs match fitness, so is May too unrealistic?

i interpreted Wilder's comments as ready for selection in Feb... i.e. at the point where he needs match fitness, so is May too unrealistic?
I think so....it’s one thing being fit enough but another being at the standards he was before....that for me will be next season, so it’s unfair to expect too much this season

I think so....it’s one thing being fit enough but another being at the standards he was before....that for me will be next season, so it’s unfair to expect too much this season
yeah fair enough hadn't given it too much thought, with ampadu looking better i guess there's less pressure anyway for lcb... my point was i'd imagine we'd want a JOC lacking sharpness over JR/Bryan any day, and CW might see it the same too

At the start of the season that’s exactly what I thought

Ideal scenario would be for the Epl to suspend football for around six weeks, this would give Joc & Berge extra training time for our run of fixtures at the back end of the season.

He’s the player we’ve really missed. He is a rock in defence and gives us an important attacking option.

Back
Top Bottom