NordVPN partnership

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
Sheffield United is pleased to announce a new partnership with cyber security giants, NordVPN.

The partnership will see NordVPN join the club to assist Blades fans in staying safe online.

NordVPN are a global leader in providing cyber security through their multi-platform VPN product and other digital services.

They provide total peace of mind when on public wi-fi, shielding the personal data of users, as well as allowing the re-routing of your connection through any one of their 5,250+ worldwide servers.

Other features include: securely accessing personal or work data, encrypting your internet connection and keeping your browsing history private. NordVPN is the fastest VPN and allows the use of up to six devices on one subscription, which works anywhere in the world.

Through this partnership, all Blades can access Nord’s products for a heavily reduced fee – whilst also benefiting the club directly.

United’s Liam Robinson commented: “We are very happy to add NordVPN to the Sheffield United partnership portfolio. Their offering is one that greatly benefits our supporters, providing enhanced security, online utility, and full privacy whilst online. We are very much looking forward to telling their story over the course of the season and want to thank Nord for their confidence in the club.”

Laura Tyrell, Head of PR at NordVPN, added: “We’re very glad to establish our partnership with Sheffield United, who we are great fans of. We are certain this partnership will bring more awareness about cyber security and its importance in our fast-paced, digital, instantly connected society. We’re looking forward to offering football fans special offers which are going to be revealed pretty soon.”

Does this mean that United are now happy for us to use a VPN to watch games now...

Heavily reduced fee - Like the heavily reduced deals always being advirtised?

Strange how we're partnering with a proxy service, generally used to bypass local laws.....

They provide total peace of mind when on public wi-fi shielding the personal data of users, when downloading free shit from torrent sites, as well as allowing the re-routing of your connection through any one of their 5,250+ worldwide servers.

First draft.

United not using ifollow this season.
Really?? Is that confirmed? I checked ifollow’s website the other day and it said ‘here’s the list of teams we won’t be covering’ and United weren’t on it.

Really hope you’re mistaken, I was banking on getting it this year.

Really?? Is that confirmed? I checked ifollow’s website the other day and it said ‘here’s the list of teams we won’t be covering’ and United weren’t on it.

They're still going to offer the same service, but it'll be SUTV not iFollow.

Other teams did it when we were last in the Championship, Leeds and Derby I seem to remember.

They announced it earlier in year. They are producing in house like Leeds and Watford and some others do.

Think iFollow improved quite a bit after we left the champ moving to a multi camera set up. Still looks a bit A-level media studies though.

Been using Nord for a couple of years. By far the best service I've tried, including both free and paid for alternatives. Weird partnership, but great that Blades get a good deal.

They're still going to offer the same service, but it'll be SUTV not iFollow.

Other teams did it when we were last in the Championship, Leeds and Derby I seem to remember.

Okay that’s fair enough. Do you know if United have released any pricing details or anything yet? I believe iFollow was £140 for the season last year. I’m hoping it’ll be aligned with that.

Related Tecchie question...
I often link to matches ok on either my android phone or tablet whether using Nordvpn or not, but I'd like to then cast the screen to my Amazon firestick so I can watch it on the telly.
I find if Nord is running on the phone/tablet the firestick won't let it connect.
Is there a way round this?
My limited understanding is if the stream is, erm, how can I say this?, a bit "suspect" then Nordvpn hides it for me from scrutiny.
The only way to cast to my tv is to turn nordvpn off on the phone/tablet. Its not a smart tv.
TIA

Related Tecchie question...
I often link to matches ok on either my android phone or tablet whether using Nordvpn or not, but I'd like to then cast the screen to my Amazon firestick so I can watch it on the telly.
I find if Nord is running on the phone/tablet the firestick won't let it connect.
Is there a way round this?
My limited understanding is if the stream is, erm, how can I say this?, a bit "suspect" then Nordvpn hides it for me from scrutiny.
The only way to cast to my tv is to turn nordvpn off on the phone/tablet. Its not a smart tv.
TIA

Are you watching via an internet browser or an app on Android?

If browser, Install Nordvpn and Firefox on your firestick and remove the cast element. Start NordVPN on the firestick and access then mediastream via Firefox.

You can't be prosecuted for watching an illegal stream. That area of copyright infringement is covered by civil rather than criminal law.

You can't be prosecuted for watching an illegal stream. That area of copyright infringement is covered by civil rather than criminal law.

There was a guy in Liverpool just done for running an illegal IPTV setup providing footy and other things to punters. He got an extra 3 or 4 months explicitly for the separate charge of 'watching illegally streamed content'

Saying that I watch illegally downloaded / streamed content all the time and wouldnt give it a second thought. I cant even be arsed with a VPN

There was a guy in Liverpool just done for running an illegal IPTV setup providing footy and other things to punters. He got an extra 3 or 4 months explicitly for the separate charge of 'watching illegally streamed content'

Saying that I watch illegally downloaded / streamed content all the time and wouldnt give it a second thought. I cant even be arsed with a VPN

I read that and just though that the extra charge was thrown on to send a message. May as well while they've got him.

I read that and just though that the extra charge was thrown on to send a message. May as well while they've got him.

Yeah, I though exactly the same, its just a token gesture to send a message to try to stop people watching and they're not going to go after anyone else. But it does show that if they really want to do you for it then it is an actually crime and not just a civil matter.

My VPN subscription is about to run out is here been a discount or anything for Blades?

Back
Top Bottom