New members from Belgium (Beerschot fan)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

PurpleRain

Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I join up given the link between my club Beerschot and the Blades. I am 44, have 3 kids, been a life long Beerschot fan experiencing many lows and a few highs such as our Cup win in 2005 and our European campaign taking us to Marseille. I love subbuteo (I make the modern strips on subbuteo figures), I am a football youth coach, really passionate about team tactics and I collect football shirts. Hope to have some fun here and hopefully make some friends ☂

Hi all,

I thought I join up given the link between my club Beerschot and the Blades. I am 44, have 3 kids, been a life long Beerschot fan experiencing many lows and a few highs such as our Cup win in 2005 and our European campaign taking us to Marseille. I love subbuteo (I make the modern strips on subbuteo figures), I am a football youth coach, really passionate about team tactics and I collect football shirts. Hope to have some fun here and hopefully make some friends ☂
Welcome aboard Sir.

Hi all,

Welcome, let’s hope our clubs and the fans prosper alongside each other

Hiya mate, its currently silly season on here, but don't worry things settle down soon and we can all get back to giving everyone but Norwood 10/10's.

Hi all,

Good evening to you mate.

Nice to hear from you, and yes, it's always good to forge links between clubs. We have a few Blades who are keen on tactics, look out for Bergen Blade, very knowledgeable and a long time supporter of United. Hope you guys have a great season, the feeling here seems to be that we'll do well to emulate last season, but our recruitment's been decent so we're all hoping that the squad is strengthened.

Welcome! I think Antwerp is a wonderful city ..... had many a good night out there. Hopefully our partnership will develop and if we ever get back to something resembling normality again, we will play a preseason friendly or two in your lovely country.

All the best for the season!

Thanks mate! The first thing we thought when we heard about the link was to play pre-season friendlies. Hopefully that will be possible next season. Would love to visit Bramall Lane. Really think we can be at the start of good times for both of our clubs. Would also be fantastic for academy players to have an Exchange programme so our young players can see what it is like in a PL club and vice versa.

Hi all,

Up the Beers. Keep us updated on how Coulibaly develops with you guys - he sounds promising!

Mate! Antwerp. Absolutely love the place and hope to go back soon. Park Spoor Noord, AMAZING beer in corner shops and super friendly folk.

Also, one of the weirdest Blades related stories I have from being abroad.

Crossing the main Street where that massive tram snakes around. A little bloke hears me talking to my son about when we get back to Sheffield.

"You a Wednesday fan?"

No mate, not me. We're with the other lot.

"Good. They got De Bilde. Fantastic player. Only injury he got was in his neck from looking up in the sky. Kick and run bastards."

Welcome :D

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Hopefully we can organize a trip sometime. Indeed great beer here and some good pubs and clubs.

Welcome PurpleRain. I’m sure we’ll see you at Bramall Lane at some point soon and it is worth you researching Sheffield’s role in the history of football. Bramall Lane, Hallam FC and Sheffield FC are worth a visit for any football fan! 👍

What are your hopes for your team this coming season?

What are your hopes for your team this coming season?

The official ambition is to stay out of the relagation zone which is what any promoting team would look for but I think we can aim higher. We had a really good transfer window an there are rumours we are in for one more creative attacking midfielder. I see us between place 5 and 9 and with a bit of luck pushing for a European ticket but that’s maybe more the enthousiastic fan speaking rather than the objective analyst. Like the Blades our next game is only Monday night. We play Genk at home which was the 2019 champion so a good test for us.

Back
Top Bottom