Needs and Wants

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
Two very different things and looking at the squad there are a few positions we need to fill.

Working off the basis of 3 keepers, 2 in each position, extra striker and a utility man. Also making the assumption that C. Robinson and Freeman will not be around.

GK Ramsdale, Foderingham, Moore
LWB Stevens
LCB JoC, Robinson
CB Egan, Jags
RCB Bash, Rodwell
RWB Baldock
LCM Fleck, Osbourn
DCM Norwood
RCM Berge, Lunny
ST McBurnie, Sharp
ST Mousset, McGoldrick

That's a squad of 20

Having a think about all the ramifications, I'd say our biggest priorities are:

1. CB capable of covering CB and RCB. If Egan or Bash get serious injuries I'm not convinced their understudies can cover for an extended period.
2. RWB - There's currently no cover there. We used Slater against Dundee but he's nowhere near.
3. ST - We really need someone who can last 90 minutes regularly. I'd argue that our only two reliable strikers are McBurnie and McGoldrick for both performance and stamina and that's a push.
4. CM - I'd suggest we could use a creative midfielder. Lunny may or may not go but he's the only one really contributing enough from midfield (in terms of goals and assists). You would assume if anything happened to Norwood that Berge would drop there.
5. LWB - We can't just rely on Osbourn as he might be needed in the centre.

So, I think we need to sign 5 players. Unless we're signing someone under 21, then we can't really sign more than that if no one leaves. You could cut that to 4 by signing a maidfielder who is able to play on the left side as well, if needed.

Thought wilder said we were looking at 4, which suggests potential for another one or two after that. Unless I’m remembering wrong

I don't think we need another LWB to be honest, other positions more important.
Stevens
Osborn
Robinson
RND

I want a winger. If we don't get one I'm going to spin around in circles and scream until I am sick.

Dream on ... i think we are struggling in the window .... hope im wrong!

I thought it was said we shouldn’t be talking about this kind of stuff and it should be left to Wilder.

What wilder says re transfers and what he does are two totally different things
As long as he buys players who will develop and therefore have a chance of being an increasing asset he will be trusted to improve our squad.
I assume that we made ~ £20 million more than we had budgeted for last year with a finish of 9th as opposed to what I expected was a budgeted 17th.
Yes HRH will have to repay ~ £10 million mortgage on fixed assets but he will see the value in securing our position in the premiership.
Spend commensurate with last season will subsequently be expected

Mistook this for the old sales question - what’s the difference between needs and wants?

I'd probably rather finish 9th with a self-built team you can call your own, than buy (and cheat) the way to trophies like Man City.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still enjoy it probably...(!)... But there are millions of people worldwide that hate City. Whereas the only people that hate Blades are teams we've embarassed or clashed with over the years.

In fact we had universal praise and admiration for our 9th place finish.

I actually think we definitely need three more in could say four.
Lcb
Am
St
St
Maybe. Maybe a young striker if 2.

I'd be surprised if we buy a starting LCB though, as that'd cost a fortune. Probably a backup at LCB?

Back
Top Bottom