Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LewishamBlade

Reaction score
Said to be of interest to Hecky according to the mail.

Assume would both be loans, for a change. Either 2 really solidify the depth of the defence, but Phillips would be much better for my money as he's an improvement on the current version of John Egan.

Can I be the first to say wages? Also unless Baldock is off where does Williams fit for us?

Said to be of interest to Hecky according to the mail.

Assume would both be loans, for a change. Either 2 really solidify the depth of the defence, but Phillips would be much better for my money as he's an improvement on the current version of John Egan.

I'd assume that means Ben Davies is going back?

Also unless Baldock is off where does Williams fit for us?

They're both Centre Backs. Both would challenge Basham and Egan's positions

They want 10M for Phillips, no ta. Looks like a loan move is on the cards for Williams.

Can I be the first to say wages? Also unless Baldock is off where does Williams fit for us?
Rhys Williams is also a centre half. You’re thinking of Neco, the full back.

Phillips is being linked with West Ham and Williams was recalled from his loan spell at Swansea after making only 5 starts....

File both under "not happening"
Klopp still owes us big time 😁

After getting £23m from Utd for Brewster, I'm sure Michael Edwards is open to discussing deals for other players. Perhaps he has some magic beans he's looking to sell.

However, I'd still say the chances of Utd landing either player, particularly Phillips, have to be remote (at best!)

If we can get Rhys Williams permanently for a decent price I think that would be a coup. He didn't do great at Swansea in the first half of this season but it's not like many players impress defensively for Swansea. He did well being chucked in at the deep end for Liverpool last season I thought, held his own at a level that he frankly was too raw for.

He's got serious potential and would be nice to have someone competing with Egan and Basham. He's a fucking unit as well.

I think there's every chance he could be sold. They've got VVD and Matip who aren't old, and then Konate and Gomez who are much younger and frankly better than Williams.

Phillips, yeah, no chance. Maybe on loan.

Wasn’t Rhys Williams keeping Ben Davies out of Liverpools team last season when they had all the injuries?

Nat Phillips for me is no better than what we have. Head it kick it anywhere player.

If we can get Rhys Williams permanently for a decent price I think that would be a coup. He didn't do great at Swansea in the first half of this season but it's not like many players impress defensively for Swansea. He did well being chucked in at the deep end for Liverpool last season I thought, held his own at a level that he frankly was too raw for.

He's got serious potential and would be nice to have someone competing with Egan and Basham. He's a fucking unit as well.

I think there's every chance he could be sold. They've got VVD and Matip who aren't old, and then Konate and Gomez who are much younger and frankly better than Williams.

Phillips, yeah, no chance. Maybe on loan.
Williams is only 19/20 isn't he? Konate and Gomez are 23/24?

Wasn’t Rhys Williams keeping Ben Davies out of Liverpools team last season when they had all the injuries?

Nah, that was Neco Williams.

I think we should go for Rhys Williams, purely so we can have

Rhys Williams
Rhys Norrington-Davies
Adam Rhys Davies
Ben Davies

We are desperately short of CB cover.

Davies has struggled to be available consistently (no idea what the current situation is - so no judgement).

Robinson shouldn’t be more than a last resort rather than primary cover in all 3 positions.

We should be seeking someone to come in rather than get caught short and have it scupper the second half of the season

Nah, that was Neco Williams.

I think we should go for Rhys Williams, purely so we can have

Rhys Williams
Rhys Norrington-Davies
Adam Rhys Davies
Ben Davies
All sound Welsh, so plenty of foreign influence !

Although highly regarded by Klopp, who overdoubled his wages for him in the summer, Nat Phillips can't get near the first team, league or cup versions and won't be at Liverpool much longer. Before fhis season, a move to Burnley was close and before the Saudi takeover, Newcastle wanted him.

He is uncomplicated, just what we could do with, a younger version of Bash, but he won't be our player any time soon. Shame as we could have car shared on match days ☺

Is he better than Egan, would he come for lower wages?

Plenty of PL clubs seem to be interested in Phillips…I really doubt he’ll come to BDTBL. If they sell Phillips it’ll be less likely that they will loan Williams to us.
I hope these two aren’t the only eggs in our shopping basket.
I hope we’re not leaving it too late in the window to negotiate deals for other targets

Plenty of PL clubs seem to be interested in Phillips…I really doubt he’ll come to BDTBL. If they sell Phillips it’ll be less likely that they will loan Williams to us.
I hope these two aren’t the only eggs in our shopping basket.
I hope we’re not leaving it too late in the window to negotiate deals for other targets
They are apparently the only ones we are pursuing at present. There was also Soutar and Hill but other clubs bid money and that was that.

Back
Top Bottom