My views on sufc from a Sunderland fan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sunderland fan

Reaction score
I'm a Sunderland fan, who has always favoured the red half of Sheffield.I subscribe to the Shoreham view podcast which is great.
I think your a top set of passionate fans who have had very little to shout about

Which brings me onto wilder, from an outsider looking in,, I was really surprised at his transfer dealings, Ramsdale, Mcburnie to name but 2. The market is a disgrace but I honestly think those 2 are top end championship players that you paid big sums for. I don't know if he handled the Lundstram situation correctly. I don't doubt Lundstram professionalism but Sheff utd is based on a close knit squad who will fight for one another.

You should be able to question and challenge the manager. You pay the club money. Without the fans, football is nothing.

On saying that though, wilder is a passionate blade who will be hurting massively at the start you have made. He performed absolute miracles last season, and surely deserves more than a minority of fans calling for him to go.Even if you get relegated, the squad is more than capable of getting straight back up. You have a manager who lots of clubs would take in a heartbeat

Can you survive? I certainly hope so, its far to early to say your down already.

Keep the faith.... Things could be worse you could be a pig fan or hire Phil Parkinson

Good luck lads n lasses

The Lundstram situation has been dealt with utterly shite, Wilder walked Duffy out the door for asking for another year on his contract yet plays Lundstram who wants more money, has the same agent and Lundstram has said he wants to go elsewhere, he’s gone against everything he said and I have no doubt that it has destroyed some of the dressing room spirit.

Fuck off Lundstram, the Blades don’t want players who don’t want to be here.

The Lundstram situation has been dealt with utterly shite, Wilder walked Duffy out the door for asking for another year on his contract yet plays Lundstram who wants more money, has the same agent and Lundstram has said he wants to go elsewhere, he’s gone against everything he said and I have no doubt that it has destroyed some of the dressing room spirit.

Yet he still persists with him? Somebody needs to pay the ransom for Wilder becuase his clone isn't even close to the guy I know.

It's hard to argue with any of that. I still think that Wilder was overly ruthless when it came to Duffy, and it looked to me like he couldn't wait to get rid of him. I certainly think that after reading The Athletic article with Duffy's version of events, although of course it was only HIS version of events.

Wilder was right to change the system of course, because it kept us up in style, and then some. But by getting rid of Duffy he chucked the baby out with the bathwater in my opinion, and lost the best creative midfielder we have had in decades. I have no doubt that Duffy would have shone at this level, even in cameo roles and we know he would have kept himself in terrific condition, so could still be a tidy little option now to help unlock defences.

Yet with Lundstram, the guy is still here and getting on the pitch in front of other, more loyal players. I suspect Wilder had his hands tied slightly, due to lack of bodies and/or funds to replace him. But as you say, it sends a really bad message to the rest of the squad and smacks of double standards.

Last edited:

Fuck off Lunwank, the Blades don’t want players who don’t want to be here.
;)

Did you say the same when Dean Henderson was in the team?

Are you on about Man Utd’s Dean Henderson?
Yes, the very same. A player who was in our squad and played many games for us, but ultimately wanted to go on and do other things away from Bramall lane, much like Lunny really.
Are you being a massive hypocrite or have I missed something?

Yes, the very same. A player who was in our squad and played many games for us, but ultimately wanted to go on and do other things away from Bramall lane, much like Lunny really.
I’m saying Hendo put 100% effort into every game he played for us and he wasn’t even our player, where as Lundstram has clearly not been putting 100% effort in, in every game and clearly doesn’t want to be here, that I can’t get on with. Hendo and Lundstram have gone about it in completely different ways and are parallels apart, hope that’s cleared it up for you, nah get to fuck. 👍🤣

I’m saying Hendo put 100% effort into every game he played for us and he wasn’t even our player, where as Lundstram has clearly not been putting 100% effort in, in every game and clearly doesn’t want to be here, that I can’t get on with. Hendo and Lundstram have gone about it in completely different ways and are parallels apart, hope that’s cleared it up for you, nah get to fuck. 👍🤣
Why have so many on here said most of our players don't look like they're giving 100%, but Lunny is singled out?
If I were to take a stab at a guess I'd say its because he's refused to sign a new contract.
I personally hope he starts the next match because he's better than the alternatives. He's our player, we should take up the option of using him. And personally I think those saying he isn't trying are talking bobaar.
If he's looking for an out why would he not try to impress.. It makes no sense.
Hell. also have my support each and everytime he pulls on a Blades shirt.

It's hard to argue with any of that. I still think that Wilder was overly ruthless when it came to Duffy, and it looked to me like he couldn't wait to get rid of him. I certainly think that after reading The Athletic article with Duffy's version of events, although of course it was only HIS version of events.
Watching the promotion celebrations, Wilder spraying Duffy in beer and then Duffy moving like he's going to (try to) smack him , it looks like there was summat not right between them even then.

Why have so many on here said most of our players don't look like they're giving 100%, but Lunny is singled out?
If I were to take a stab at a guess I'd say its because he's refused to sign a new contract.
I personally hope he starts the next match because he's better than the alternatives. He's our player, we should take up the option of using him. And personally I think those saying he isn't trying are talking bobaar.
If he's looking for an out why would he not try to impress.. It makes no sense.
Hell. also have my support each and everytime he pulls on a Blades shirt.
No probs, John. 😁

Different scenario entirely. Hendo actually looked like he wanted to be here. Played like he gave a fuck about the shirt. Had passion in tonnes. What's first thing lunwank does when he scores? Points to his name.
At the moment who are the players looking like they want to be here? Because I don't see anyone putting more effort. People are just bitter because Lunny hasn't renewed his contract.

Watching the promotion celebrations, Wilder spraying Duffy in beer and then Duffy moving like he's going to (try to) smack him , it looks like there was summat not right between them even then.
When was that?

I remember another incident (I think after we beat Ipswich and sealed promotion) when Wilder put his arm around Duffy at the FT whistle, and after a second or two Duffy grabbed hold of Wilder's arm to get it off him, ended up ducking down to wriggle out of the way. Thought it was weird.

Duffy did say in an earlier interview that he used to tell Wilder exactly what he thought and it didn't always go down well.

At the moment who are the players looking like they want to be here? Because I don't see anyone putting more effort. People are just bitter because Lunny hasn't renewed his contract.
I'm not on about this season. I'm on about the past two. I'm not bitter, I just think he genuinely thinks he's superior to everyone at the club, when in reality he's a bang average midfielder, does the basics, can make a good run. Done. Oh, wait. No.. he crunched grealish so that makes him a superstar. Can't wait to see him at rangers in the farmers league. The attitude and thoughts of superiority might actually be justified when he's playing against part time farmers.

No bitterness towards him, he can better himself or earn more money wherever he wants, just don’t let him lummox around our Desso.

I don’t actually blame Lundstram, Wilder is the one who keeps picking him even though he’s singled him out on one or two occasions for not signing a contract. If anyone has been hypocritical here it’s Wilder not me.

I don't think Henderson did anything wrong

His performances for us meant that his parent club gave him a massive new contract.

This killed any chance of us bringing him back.

If we'd paid the percentage of his wages that Man Utd insisted we paid he'd still be here, and would be delighted to be.

We had our chance during his first loan spell, we could have signed him permanently with an agreement that Man Utd would be informed if we decided to sell and they could have first dibs on buying him back.

But of course, we didn't because we constantly believe that you can blag a Premier League place whilst paying Championship wages

When was that?

Tried and can't find it now on Youtube. Was on the 28th April 2019 at Shirecliffe when Leeds drew and our promotion was confirmed. Duffy arrived and Billy dragged him to the front, CW sprayed a bit of beer on him and he reacted like he was going to smack him, then they hugged a bit awkwardly.

Yet he still persists with him? Somebody needs to pay the ransom for Wilder becuase his clone isn't even close to the guy I know.
Agree 100% he shouldn’t be fucking near the team , if he doesn’t want to sign the contract then don’t play him , he needs to stamp his authority, preferably on Lundstrams neck

I'm not on about this season. I'm on about the past two. I'm not bitter, I just think he genuinely thinks he's superior to everyone at the club, when in reality he's a bang average midfielder, does the basics, can make a good run. Done. Oh, wait. No.. he crunched grealish so that makes him a superstar. Can't wait to see him at rangers in the farmers league. The attitude and thoughts of superiority might actually be justified when he's playing against part time farmers.
I am. What's passed has passed.

I don't think Henderson did anything wrong

His performances for us meant that his parent club gave him a massive new contract.

This killed any chance of us bringing him back.

If we'd paid the percentage of his wages that Man Utd insisted we paid he'd still be here, and would be delighted to be.

We had our chance during his first loan spell, we could have signed him permanently with an agreement that Man Utd would be informed if we decided to sell and they could have first dibs on buying him back.

But of course, we didn't because we constantly believe that you can blag a Premier League place whilst paying Championship wages
Neither do I, but let's not kids ourselves, he was playing with manure in mind, not us.

Back
Top Bottom