Player Suggestion More Coulibaly's

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jono_t2000

Reaction score
I wonder how much/if any of our budget we should be looking at spending on hot prospect players from countries which wouldn't qualify for Work Permit's in England to spend a season on loan at Beerschot?

A lot of untapped potential in the likes of Colombia, Nigeria and so on that would only cost in the range of 2-5 mill (maybe less), and It also would be an attractive roadmap for players to spend a year in Belgium, to get used to European football before getting the opportunity to come across to us if/when promoted and play Premier League footy.

I would put almost as much importance going down this route as signing players eligible to play for us this season as probably our best shot if want to become a mainstay in the PL

Lets hope we are casting the net far and wide and maybe see another 1 or 2 more Coulibaly type signings soon!🤞🤞🤞

the biggest issue is getting work permits, sounds great in theory but in practice even if you pick up a really exciting prospect getting him into the UK with enough points will be every very difficult.

Kossounou, Ivorian player bought by Club Brugge in Sweden for 3 mio last year, now sold for 30 mio to Bayer Leverkusen. For a central defender. Outgoing transfers from Belgium have been increasing in value. Lokonga from anderlecht to Arsenal for 17.5 million. Yes United World should invest more in Coulibaly type of players. It’s crazy business. I read they wanted to sign Yusuf, the new Kante impressing in Goteborg but they missed out. Signed by the Belgian version of Wednesday.

Kossounou, Ivorian player bought by Club Brugge in Sweden for 3 mio last year, now sold for 30 mio to Bayer Leverkusen. For a central defender. Outgoing transfers from Belgium have been increasing in value. Lokonga from anderlecht to Arsenal for 17.5 million. Yes United World should invest more in Coulibaly type of players. It’s crazy business. I read they wanted to sign Yusuf, the new Kante impressing in Goteborg but they missed out. Signed by the Belgian version of Wednesday.
That's a bit of an insult to RAFC,they did their stadium up as well didn't they?
Was expecting him to have gone to Beveren or Zulte after reading that.

I like the concept and it seems a very forward thinking one. But it seems less pressing until we become an established PL club - or at least a PL club.

the biggest issue is getting work permits, sounds great in theory but in practice even if you pick up a really exciting prospect getting him into the UK with enough points will be every very difficult.
It seems really strange that bringing in someone who will benefit the tax system is a no no. Very strange rule.

It seems really strange that bringing in someone who will benefit the tax system is a no no. Very strange rule.

Absolutely, the last thing we want is foreigners coming over here earning hundreds of thousands of pounds, paying more tax a year than most do in a lifetime and supporting our economy.

That would be a disaster.

Is it just me that opened this thread expecting to see that we had found a whole family of Coulibaly's.

Back
Top Bottom